ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer targets??

Rebel_Luv

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Looks like we missed out on another 1?? according to the sun we were after Kylan Boswell. Seems like we been striking out a lot. That happens when u have a lame duck coach. IMO. We are going to have to overpay for anybody not named DJ Thomas or a Vegas native( sometimes. Kids want to win. Atleast the ones i want. Im sure CKK resume is being used against him. If we lose Peery known for his defense? thats the only somewhat positive thing we had last year in regards to a team. Not talking about individuals. WE miss out on Henley and Butler then we are in some real trouble. I wonder if Thomas will pull a Maiava? Food for thought! This is the MWC not the SEC or Big 10 . Look at the teams that are competing these days. MWC use to be much stronger not a power house ,but better than what we have now. They have marginal talent. NIL is changing everything. Hopefully if things go as i assume they will go AS OF NOW that after this next season we go all in on Will Wade. Hopefully something is in place already or starting to. His show cause penalty is expired in summer of 25. Unfortunately 4 us he will have some heavy hitter suitors after him. Depending on how the coaching landscape unfolds next year. Maybe he would like the whole Vegas and UNLV has to offer. Not as much money ,but with the stadium, training facilities , and all what Vegas has to offer. Someone like him would flourish here get more NIL money , much more of a closer (recruits on the fence ) and get the Bill Bayno treatment. BTW he is only 2 years older the CKK.

I stopped reading after your diatribe about Peery and defense. No! Not what he is known for. At least to those who known Barret Peery for a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Looks like we missed out on another 1?? according to the sun we were after Kylan Boswell. Seems like we been striking out a lot. That happens when u have a lame duck coach. IMO. We are going to have to overpay for anybody not named DJ Thomas or a Vegas native( sometimes. Kids want to win. Atleast the ones i want. Im sure CKK resume is being used against him. If we lose Peery known for his defense? thats the only somewhat positive thing we had last year in regards to a team. Not talking about individuals. WE miss out on Henley and Butler then we are in some real trouble. I wonder if Thomas will pull a Maiava? Food for thought! This is the MWC not the SEC or Big 10 . Look at the teams that are competing these days. MWC use to be much stronger not a power house ,but better than what we have now. They have marginal talent. NIL is changing everything. Hopefully if things go as i assume they will go AS OF NOW that after this next season we go all in on Will Wade. Hopefully something is in place already or starting to. His show cause penalty is expired in summer of 25. Unfortunately 4 us he will have some heavy hitter suitors after him. Depending on how the coaching landscape unfolds next year. Maybe he would like the whole Vegas and UNLV has to offer. Not as much money ,but with the stadium, training facilities , and all what Vegas has to offer. Someone like him would flourish here get more NIL money , much more of a closer (recruits on the fence ) and get the Bill Bayno treatment. BTW he is only 2 years older the CKK.
He committed to Illinois. I don’t know if we lost out on him if we never stood a chance.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Recruiting is going pretty bad for a team that was in the NIT a few weeks ago with a very good PG already in place. There is no excitement with Kevin, like eating a vanilla cone when there’s 31 other flavors to choose from!

He’s from Champaign and his final 3 out of high school included Illinois. He entered the portal and picked up crystal ball predictions for Illinois the next day. He knew exactly where he was going when he hit the portal. That doesn’t sound like a miss to me. Realistically we aren’t going to be in the running to have two high caliber point guards. Most power 5 schools wouldn’t even be in the running for that.

How about we relax until we see who we actually sign. No use getting our blood pressure up until then. If those who want rid of CKK think our recruiting class is terrible, then they can Freak out, Keep in mind if we do not recruit enough talent many will get their wish. CKK will be gone and we can start over like we always do. Over and over and over again. Hopefully with better results.lol

Bizjack from Butler and Whiting from Boise are the other targets mentioned in the Sun article. Low production but maybe decent potential? Googled Bizjack and Thad Matta talked about his high basketball IQ (something this team lacks) and a gym rat. Could be a good pickup.

I’m not sure about Whiting, he hasn’t played a lot over the years going on a mission and then being parked on the bench. They say he’s a shooter but he hasn’t seen the court. Has YBU ties so he probably ends up in Provo.

Boswell was never considering us this transfer cycle. He would have been great for us but him and Illinois were already locked in prior to him even entering the portal. The article is more of a wishlist..

Boswell was never considering us this transfer cycle. He would have been great for us but him and Illinois were already locked in prior to him even entering the portal. The article is more of a wishlist..
Is there another list or can you enlighten us on some targets that “even if they are long shots” that are on the list?

Is there another list or can you enlighten us on some targets that “even if they are long shots” that are on the list?
It's the same people that have been mentioned all over the place; off the top of my head, The UTSA guard, the VMI guard, wing from Cal, the DePaul guard, dubar from Hofstra, Frankie, the BGU guard. Some are committed, some aren't but these are names off top.

Bizjack from Butler and Whiting from Boise are the other targets mentioned in the Sun article. Low production but maybe decent potential? Googled Bizjack and Thad Matta talked about his high basketball IQ (something this team lacks) and a gym rat. Could be a good pickup.

I’m not sure about Whiting, he hasn’t played a lot over the years going on a mission and then being parked on the bench. They say he’s a shooter but he hasn’t seen the court. Has YBU ties so he probably ends up in Provo.
Whiting was in BSU's 7 rotation the second half of the season. Actually played quite a bit. Graduated Burley HS as the school's all-time leading scorer before going on a mission. Was supposedly a great shooter, averaging 23 per game as a senior, I think, but he never really showed that while at BSU. I believe he felt he wasn't going to get a bump in pt with who they were looking at bringing in, and the Cardenas signing kinda proved that. I wouldn't like to see the Rebels sign him because he's not a pg and he's not exactly a dead-eye shooter... more of a serviceable combo guard who should really be playing a step down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT