• UNLV by less than 10

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • UNLV between 11-20

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • UNLV by more than 20

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got off work.. Reading this thread is crazy.. Starting off 17-0 is embarrassing, should not happen at home, especially against UNM.. But y’all do realize this is a 4 qtr game, not ideal.. I saw the score at work, but wasn’t too worried, wishful thinking, had a gut feeling they would get it together against the 3-3-5 look.. Hopefully we keep it up..

Last edited:
Wow, We are actually benefitting from Hobo penalties! That was huge double 15 yard penalties for 30 yards!

That INT is awful.. Reciever has to knock that down if he ain’t coming down with it.. But, did anyone see Arroyo get in those UNM players’ faces on the penalty & stand up for his guys? That fired me up, his guys have to love that!!

Reactions: Sharktank91
Only if they lose! I am waiting for every second to pass so we don't find a way to lose! Any other year and this would have been a blowout loss!

Snap ball with 17 seconds on clock, simply stupid. Penalties just awful performance

Impressive win from the standpoint of how they played and still managed to win. This is the type of game UNLV would have lost 100 out 100 in the past.

That being said, UNLV needs to play better moving forward or they will finish 6-6

The change in our perception when UNLV is 4-1 and we are disappointed in the way they played!

I tried to tell everyone, this game was going to be a slog...

That Rocky Long 3-3-5 scheme is rough on QBs..Bring pressure from everywhere. Unexpected guys dropping into coverage..They flow to the ball well..

Danny Gonzales will struggle to get to .500 but it's not indicative of the job he's doing it's the lack or inability to recruit top talent.

That said an ugly win is still a win. I totally agree, it's a sign of program growth when we are completing about any win.

This win was so great to get. The Rebels got punched in the mouth early but still played well enough to pull out the win. The typical Rebel teams of the past would of given up after being down 17 to 0, but this group found the way to win. I am so happy for them. It was a very nice win!!

This win was so great to get. The Rebels got punched in the mouth early but still played well enough to pull out the win. The typical Rebel teams of the past would of given up after being down 17 to 0, but this group found the way to win. I am so happy for them. It was a very nice win!!

For years these boards were filled with 'The coaches don't make adjustments!' posts.

This will be the 4th straight week the Rebs will have held the opponent to 7 points or less in the second half.

Defense has been great in 2nd half of games.

The sign of a team that has officially turned the corner is when you play like shit, have a bunch of stupid penalties, and still find a way to win the game. Finished with INT TD is fitting!

Good teams are ones that can play poorly and find a way to win..

Anybody who thinks UNLV should have just walked through UNM really isn't paying attention.

Good teams are ones that can play poorly and find a way to win..

Anybody who thinks UNLV should have just walked through UNM really isn't paying attention.
That’s why I didn’t predict a score.. I was pretty sure we were going to win.. But you never know against a Rocky led defense.. They’ve had a year of re-recruiting, he knows what he is doing.. He could do some things at a P5 level.. I’m glad we escaped with a W tonight.. As long as Rocky is coach, they we’ll challenge people..

Glad we stormed back & made things happen.. Ugly win, but happy to see we can win that way..

UNM really brought a different game plan. Played a different QB and ran some different looks. All of the plays, even early, where UNM player their usual triple option look, UNLV absolutely dominated. So you could tell the D was prepared.

Now a lot of misfortune. Penalties on big stops on third down killed us. Big plays that should have been it's turning into big gains, etc.

Also being gashed by some more traditional plays, even if they weren't expecting them is not good.

But UNM has a good defense. Statistically better than ours, and that's saying something when their offense has been so poor this season.

All that being said, we did make mistakes and played poorly early. Got punched I'm the mouth, adjusted to what they were doing offensively and came out with the win.

Also Guit the Boot doesn't not get enough credit. I blame you Bull! Kickers lives matter!

That’s why I didn’t predict a score.. I was pretty sure we were going to win.. But you never know against a Rocky led defense.. They’ve had a year of re-recruiting, he knows what he is doing.. He could do some things at a P5 level.. I’m glad we escaped with a W tonight.. As long as Rocky is coach, they we’ll challenge people..

Glad we stormed back & made things happen.. Ugly win, but happy to see we can win that way..

When Rocky Long got fired from UNM Mike Sanford should have been on the phone the next day trying to bring him in as his DC.

UNM really brought a different game plan. Played a different QB and ran some different looks. All of the plays, even early, where UNM player their usual triple option look, UNLV absolutely dominated. So you could tell the D was prepared.

Now a lot of misfortune. Penalties on big stops on third down killed us. Big plays that should have been it's turning into big gains, etc.

Also being gashed by some more traditional plays, even if they weren't expecting them is not good.

But UNM has a good defense. Statistically better than ours, and that's saying something when their offense has been so poor this season.

All that being said, we did make mistakes and played poorly early. Got punched I'm the mouth, adjusted to what they were doing offensively and came out with the win.

Also Guit the Boot doesn't not get enough credit. I blame you Bull! Kickers lives matter!

I will lift the moratorium on kickers, and allow one Daniel G. appreciation thread.

Last edited:
That INT is awful.. Reciever has to knock that down if he ain’t coming down with it.. But, did anyone see Arroyo get in those UNM players’ faces on the penalty & stand up for his guys? That fired me up, his guys have to love that!!
I was at the game but then when I got home was able to find a youtube link with TV stream (since been removed it seems). That scrum happened at 8:09.

I try to be measured and, for arroyo, have been down on him as UNLV head FB coach to this point (well, 2020 and 2021... hasn't had many head scratchers yet this year). That scrum was one of the first times I said "okay, I'm firmly on this guys side" ... he got in front of the UNM players, blocking off brumfield. Ran over from a dozen or so yards out. Then to see two Rebels players get in front of him, as if to guard Arroyo from the Lobos players was the sealing moment. They all have each others back.

It was really cool to see that.

Excellent comeback. To basically no-show for the first 20 minutes of the game, be down 17-0, and only give up a FG while scoring 24 unanswered and 31 overall. Color me impressed.

So I am sitting in the stands watching this skinny #16 running great routes, making great catches and converting first downs and I say “who is this guy, I’ve never seen him before?” Kalvin Souders may not get the game ball but the Rebs don’t win that game without him.