ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV at Cal Game Thread

Can’t be too upset. For a while, didn’t look like we would be in it at all. Defense played so much better in the 2nd half. Learn from this and move on.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
Classic! Listening to the game. Call here we go game right here 4th down. Snap Brumfield with the ball. Then -eeeeeeeng eeeeeeng the National Weather Service is warning possible hail in Esmeralda County and Mt Potosi. Ennngggggg….turn around don’t drown. Wtf man!

Reactions: CRhodes1983
Tough loss, however defense held Cal to 3 in 2nd half, MWC is brutally bad, AF beat Colorado rest smells, team is so much better now, staff needs keep recruiting, the wins are coming. Go Rebs

We were huge underdogs and had a shot at the end. At least it was progress would sure like to see our offense play better but our D played their ass off. They have a shot at 6 wins. Our offense needs to improve for that to happen or our D will be gassed by the end of the season.

Have a feeling it’s going to be a four win season with another loss like today or a five win season … and todays loss.

Next week is huge...Win that there are 4 games remaining that the Rebs will be favored or slight dogs.

UNM
Hawaii
San Jose State
Reno

Hawaii has been awful. UNM is ok on defense, but offense is bad. Reno gave up 600 yards to Incarnate Ward today. Rebs have played SJSU pretty close of late..SDSU struggling with Idaho State.

Lose to N. Texas...You need those four plus steal one from the likes of Air Force, Fresno, SDSU...

Last edited:
Next week is huge...Win that there are 4 games remaining that the Rebs will be favored or slight dogs.

UNM
Hawaii
San Jose State
Reno

Hawaii has been awful. UNM is ok on defense, but offense is bad. Reno gave up 600 yards to Incarnate Ward today. Rebs have played SJSU pretty close of late..SDSU struggling with Idaho State.

Lose to N. Texas...You need those four plus steal one from the likes of Air Force, Fresno, SDSU...
My thoughts too if they win next week and then 4 of the ones you posted plus Utah St.

OLine fell apart in the last drive. Tough loss, but too many self-inflicted wounds and poor execution to get a W against a tough defense on the road.
I dont think they fell apart.. Cal overloaded the protection didn't they?

I was extremely impressed with UNLV OL and DL through the entire game. Both did a great job barring a couple plays. Secondary needs help still. Lot more positive than negative in the game for me. But 4 chances to take the lead (getting thr ball down 14-20 4 times) and losing at thay score sucks.

My thoughts too if they win next week and then 4 of the ones you posted plus Utah St.
Yeah Utah St needs to be added to the list of winnable games. They lost to Weber St at home 35-7. They would have been shut out if it weren’t for a 100 yd kick return TD.

Next one that we’d have the best odds would be SDSU. They haven’t looked great so far, but it’s early and they are usually very solid.

I think N Texas will be very tough, but I’m looking forward to how the team responds after today. They know they let one get away.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Couldn’t watch the game but thanks for the commentary gents. Sounds like Rebs battled tough and earned some respect. Moral victory I know but given where this program has been the last 30 years I’m proud of the team and excited that they should be in every game this year (except perhaps ND). GO REBS!!

I don't think you can point many fingers at Arroyo for this one...

Defense played well second half. Made some adjustments and held Cal to 3 2nd half points. Recorded 4 sacks plus a pick. Can't ask for much more than that.

Offense just didn't execute well enough. Doug missed a couple throws/reads. Took him awhile to settle down. They left a few plays out there. One in particular, Doug had Robbins in the flat with a clear path to the end zone and just missed him.

The inside kick was ballsy...And it was called at a great time and executed well.

Can't blame refs for the missed PI. Yeah they missed an easy call, but there was no guarantee Rebs would have punched it in..(Although I like our chances from the 1 yard line with Robbins)..

UNM
Hawaii
San Jose State
Reno

San Jose team is no joke. I dont think so, Bull.

Yeah Utah St needs to be added to the list of winnable games. They lost to Weber St at home 35-7. They would have been shut out if it weren’t for a 100 yd kick return TD.

Next one that we’d have the best odds would be SDSU. They haven’t looked great so far, but it’s early and they are usually very solid.

I think N Texas will be very tough, but I’m looking forward to how the team responds after today. They know they let one get away.
I agree. Next week, they need to play angry and disciplined.

San Jose team is no joke. I dont think so, Bull.

UNLV should be able to play on even terms physically with them. They played them close last year..SJSU is good, but if that's not a game you think UNLV can win, then I'm not sure where you find 6 wins and bowl eligibility..

SDSU does not look good this year. Defense hasn't been as good as in the past, and their offense is pretty anemic right now..

Reactions: LVRebel2000