ADVERTISEMENT

Unlv & Air Force in contact w/AAC

If they add nmsu and utep today, they are getting more money in their tv deal than the MWC.

There aren't really people on this board that thing UNLV carries this market, are there? UNLV could be undefeated for 5 years and less than half of the people would be able to name the coach, quarterback, or conference UNLV is in.
To follow up, at this point, I might prefer UNLV to stay put. Get the lump sum payment rumored for remaining mwc schools, uneven distributions of media rights dollars, and improve your programs.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Sooooo, a smaller version of San Diego? You think Fresno carries central valley? Please. I bet 30% of of Fresno thinks David Carr is still the QB....hell I bet 70% of Los Angeles even knows the name of their head coach or QB. It's TV in the market. It's so easy to get someone to turn a channel.

El Paso has a negative market share since TV hasn't made it down there yet.

Supposedly that Gonzaga deal has not been agreed to . Doesn't mean that they won't, but as of now, it's not.
I'm wondering if this was an intentional leak to see what they could shake loose... maybe get someone to jump after getting constantly rejected... but yeah, a full share of media rights is nuts

If they add nmsu and utep today, they are getting more money in their tv deal than the MWC.

There aren't really people on this board that thing UNLV carries this market, are there? UNLV could be undefeated for 5 years and less than half of the people would be able to name the coach, quarterback, or conference UNLV is in.
This is the truth

There's truth to that...

But...

MWC actually has a media deal. Can go to say UTEP and NMSU and say we've talked to our partners and after analysis we can confidently predict X amount.

I'm not sure the PAC can do that as easily.

I'm still in the join the PAC with USU camp.

But.

MWC is starting to gain maybe not leverage, but at least a decent hill to defend and plant their flag. AFA staying is massive.

What's great is UNLV is the prettiest girl at the dance now. Everybody wants a dance.

If it was that easy where is the UTEP and NMSU invites? Where is the UNM invite? They have more TVs and support than Las Cruces or El Paso. The Pac2+ knows those can't be the 2. So, I guess you are right....but if it was as easy as inviting 2 teams with NMSU or UTEP's caliber, it would have happened.

If it was that easy where is the UTEP and NMSU invites? Where is the UNM invite? They have more TVs and support than Las Cruces or El Paso. The Pac2+ knows those can't be the 2. So, I guess you are right....but if it was as easy as inviting 2 teams with NMSU or UTEP's caliber, it would have happened.

I 99.99% believe there were backroom talks between Memphis and PAC early.

Memphis tells PAC Hell yeah! We're down! And if we go Tulane, UTSA, USF will follow.

All the while Memphis and those three schools are leveraging the potential move to the PAC to get a better deal out of the AAC.

I have this thing where I always underestimate how stupid people can actually be. I figured no way the PAC leadership would go full Leroy Jenkins! and do this unless they had assurances from other schools they could get it done.

Basically Memphis and Company Mick Cronin'd the PAC.

To follow up, at this point, I might prefer UNLV to stay put. Get the lump sum payment rumored for remaining mwc schools, uneven distributions of media rights dollars, and improve your programs.
Just wanted to post this while still reading another article. But, apparently the MWC gave UNLV just until today to accept the package deal and sign the GOR. We may know very soon our future.

Just wanted to post this while still reading another article. But, apparently the MWC gave UNLV just until today to accept the package deal and sign the GOR. We may know very soon our future.

I really wish I wasn't emotionally invested in this, because it's fascinating to watch unfold. But because I am it is an emotional Rollercoaster I would like to get off.

I 99.99% believe there were backroom talks between Memphis and PAC early.

Memphis tells PAC Hell yeah! We're down! And if we go Tulane, UTSA, USF will follow.

All the while Memphis and those three schools are leveraging the potential move to the PAC to get a better deal out of the AAC.

I have this thing where I always underestimate how stupid people can actually be. I figured no way the PAC leadership would go full Leroy Jenkins! and do this unless they had assurances from other schools they could get it done.

Basically Memphis and Company Mick Cronin'd the PAC.
Yeah, it's looking like the PAC2 and the MW4 got Cronined.

Yes, I noticed that line too. Seems like AFA jumped on it right away. I’m thinking we may be negotiating with the PAC still? I’m anxiously waiting to hear something about UNLV.

Or the MW will do what?

But guys, here is an excerpt from a post I just made on my board. F-ing fools over there are in lala land.

"Well are you ostriches getting nervous yet? AAC schools have published their intent to stay in the AAC. Can't believe we were stupid enough to offer Memphis and Tulane ahead of UNLV and whoever. If that is indeed the case.

F-this Gonzaga blather. Won't happen, and would only make things worse if it did.

We are left with this: Regardless of what we have committed to the traitorous 4 on exit fees, we now need to offer them, UNLV and whoever else out of AF/Wyoming or USU UNR/SJSU. Commit to paying ALL of their exit fees. All 6 teams. So, $67M in poaching fees, and $102M in exit fees. $169M out of our $250M. The rest will already be spent this year."

Anyone see another path forward? If so, let's hear it."

Edit - I wish a few of you would meander over to WAZZUWATCH and start flipping some shit. I'm sick of my fellow Cougs.

Yes, I noticed that line too. Seems like AFA jumped on it right away. I’m thinking we may be negotiating with the PAC still? I’m anxiously waiting to hear something about UNLV.
Lol...The MW doesnt have that negotiating power. UNLV can sit and hold for the best offer to come. Thats what being the most desirable program in the conference right now does for you.. They want to know so they can make contingent offers to other schools, but UNLV can sit tight lipped. Thats part of negotiating when you hold all the cards

Lol...The MW doesnt have that negotiating power. UNLV can sit and hold for the best offer to come. Thats what being the most desirable program in the conference right now does for you.. They want to know so they can make contingent offers to other schools, but UNLV can sit tight lipped. Thats part of negotiating when you hold all the cards
Yup

Or the MW will do what?

But guys, here is an excerpt from a post I just made on my board. F-ing fools over there are in lala land.

"Well are you ostriches getting nervous yet? AAC schools have published their intent to stay in the AAC. Can't believe we were stupid enough to offer Memphis and Tulane ahead of UNLV and whoever. If that is indeed the case.

F-this Gonzaga blather. Won't happen, and would only make things worse if it did.

We are left with this: Regardless of what we have committed to the traitorous 4 on exit fees, we now need to offer them, UNLV and whoever else out of AF/Wyoming or USU UNR/SJSU. Commit to paying ALL of their exit fees. All 6 teams. So, $67M in poaching fees, and $102M in exit fees. $169M out of our $250M. The rest will already be spent this year."

Anyone see another path forward? If so, let's hear it.
You all pay the 120 million dollar exit fees to the remaining MWC teams, then pay the 17 million dollar entry fees and join the MWC and stop this BS, or play on the CW for 2 million dollars a year vs Middle Tennessee St.

I'm not even aware that we've been invited to the PAC.

Or the MW will do what?

Edit - I wish a few of you would meander over to WAZZUWATCH and start flipping some shit. I'm sick of my fellow Cougs.
Nothing. They won't give us extra money and we may still end up in the MW. We don't have an invitation to the PAC as far as I know.

One other crazy ass article I read this afternoon is that UNLV was reaching out to the B12. These reporters, bloggers, idiots just love to pull things out of their anus.

It seems like Neverez is trying to PAC 2 UNLV. Force us to sign a deal that would lock us in to a contract with a lower ceiling.
We may just PAC 12 her back.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
$10 million dollars plus a bonus. Sign the Mfing contract now. lol.

I'll throw this out there.

Whatever deal UNLV takes.

Let's say even 30 million in exit/poaching fees for giggles.

New MWC deal won't hit 5 million per team.
Let's say they get 3 million in new deal.

That's a 10 million dollar shortfall over 5 years from previous media deal.

UNLV wants to lock up Odom? Probably another million a year over 5.

Now we're up to 15 million.

Eating up that 30 million pretty quick.

Now if UNLV commands a bigger share of the media deal and stays at 5 million per.

Sure.

Last edited:
I'll throw this out there.

Whatever deal UNLV takes.

Let's say even 30 million in exit/poaching fees for giggles.

New MWC deal won't hit 5 million per team.
Let's say they get 3 million in new deal.

That's a 10 million dollar shortfall over 5 years from previous media deal.

That eats into that 30 million pretty quick.

Now if UNLV commands a bigger share of the media deal and stays at 5 million per.

Sure.
Just join the XFL.

Or the MW will do what?

I've tried, but can't post over there. You'll notice some of my 'likes' on your posts, but sadly, I can't correspond with you guys.

So $10M to sign a document? I guess that’s good; but that document requires us stay for the life of the deal. Not good
We need to see the details of all of this stuff. How much we getting now, how much of the 4 departing MW schools and when we receive it, plus, how long of a commitment has UNLV (and others) given to the MWC by signing this? Our current media deal only has 2 years left, so how many years are we agreeing to? And is it at all tied to the ability of the MWC to get a good media deal this next iteration?

Harper to MWC ADs

Stick Together Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

You all do realize that the Pac conference is now DOA... Without Vegas and the AAC teams, they arent getting anywhere near the TV contract they thought they might. It will shortly come out that the Pac 2 will agree to pay $$$ to the MWC in order to merge.. The hostile takeover failed.

This road ahead is fun

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT