ADVERTISEMENT

Unlv & Air Force in contact w/AAC

I take that to mean our commissioner is calling UNLV and offering a kings ransom for us to call everyone else and tell them we're sticking around.

Pretty much how I read it...Wouldn't be surprised if Utah State wasn't part of that discussion as well.

I hadn't ever thought about AAC adding UNLV and AF as a way to entice Memphis and Tulane to stay.

There is a ton of maneuvering right now for sure.

I still don't believe the Pac will call our number if they get Memphis and Tulane. If anything they will get more schools from Central to East Coast. They are just playing us in hopes we and AF try and convince Memphis and Tulane to stay in the AAC. That is where our focus should be. Travel costs be damned. Go where we are wanted. Mr. Harper get on the phone with Memphis and Tulane.

My new updated what I hope happens rankings.

1- Pac negotiations implode and they all have to come crawling back.

2- UNLV joins PAC with USU

3- AAC out maneuvers PAC brings in UNLV and AF and Tulane and Memphis stay. PAC left scrambling.

4- Everything else would suck.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Pretty much how I read it...Wouldn't be surprised if Utah State wasn't part of that discussion as well.

I hadn't ever thought about AAC adding UNLV and AF as a way to entice Memphis and Tulane to stay.

There is a ton of maneuvering right now for sure.
So here's a what if...
Glory calls and offers 30% of the departure fees collected to UNLV, an increased revenue share to say 5 million per year, with a 5 year commitment(ie- 5 year penalties to leave, after 5 none) to help build conference back to stay... do you take that?

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
So here's a what if...
Glory calls and offers 30% of the departure fees collected to UNLV, an increased revenue share to say 5 million per year, with a 5 year commitment(ie- 5 year penalties to leave, after 5 none) to help build conference back to stay... do you take that?

Man....

That's honestly a tough call...Because if I turn down the PAC they may just move on and grab somebody else further weakening the conference.

It's not even my call and I feel like I need to sleep on it. 🙂

Reactions: RebelinWA
So here's a what if...

What makes this tough is the uncertainty of who's staying and who's going.

I'd have to know who else from current MWC is sticking it out.

Figure AFA not likely sticking around.

I'm down to 7 now.

Need 5 to rebuild.

Ok if I'm building with 7 I'm thinking I probably take the money and do everything possible with it to get a BIG12 invite in 5 years.

If it's 6 because USU took the PAC12 offer I think I'm taking a PAC12 offer as well if its there.

I just think the conference would be so watered down at that point I'd damn near have to run the table every year to even hope for a CFP birth. I'd have to schedule way up in OOC (No more FCS opponents) to compensate for weak in conference schedule.

But that is a boatload load of money to turn down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT