ADVERTISEMENT

Unlv & Air Force in contact w/AAC

The really interesting thing is going to be what the PAC does now. There are only a handful of schools on the west, or really, anywhere in the country, that would be attractive enough for them to go after.

So, either...

1. The PAC tries to merge with the AAC or similar conference, forming a western pod of the conference.
2. The PAC adds schools like USU, UNM, etc (if they haven't signed the agreement that UNLV signed), but even if they do, every school that departs still has to pay that large fee, which ultimately will make it's way back to the remaining MWC schools.
3. The PAC goes with it's tail between it's legs to the MWC and tries to do a merger. They have less than 2 years until they need to reach 8 members, so not a ton of time. And with shorter durations, any departing schools have higher exit fees, making them less likely to go.
4. The PAC fails to reach 8 members and disbands. The remaining schools are on their own to try to get membership into whatever conference they can get into.

We need to see the details of all of this stuff. How much we getting now, how much of the 4 departing MW schools and when we receive it, plus, how long of a commitment has UNLV (and others) given to the MWC by signing this? Our current media deal only has 2 years left, so how many years are we agreeing to? And is it at all tied to the ability of the MWC to get a good media deal this next iteration?
It's reported we get $10 to just stay. The TV deal sunsets on 6/30/26. If we signed a GOR past that date, we're dumb.

MWC is going to look to expand. I'd start by looking to Oregon State, Washington State, Fresno State, Boise State and Colorado State....yeah, I said what I said.

It's reported we get $10 to just stay. The TV deal sunsets on 6/30/26. If we signed a GOR past that date, we're dumb.

MWC is going to look to expand. I'd start by looking to Oregon State, Washington State, Fresno State, Boise State and Colorado State....yeah, I said what I said.

100% the MWC Next move should be to get it circulating they are in talks with UTEP, NMSU, TEXAS STATE and anybody else they think the PAC is targeting.

Like I said...
Pac 2 merger announcement will probably come... That's what all the deadlines were about. Now you sort out the financials and the money for the Pac 2 to pay for their stupidity. They pay the 43 million in poaching and the 17 million for each school to rejoin. Boise loses its payout advantage. You officially merge as Pac 12 to start 2026 season with new TV deal. The hostile takeover failed, now the 6 teams will face the reality that they couldnt get what they wanted by back room deals.. unless they go and pick up the bottom tiered MWC teams they didnt want in the first place.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Like I said...
Pac 2 merger announcement will probably come... That's what all the deadlines were about. Now you sort out the financials and the money for the Pac 2 to pay for their stupidity. They pay the 43 million in poaching and the 17 million for each school to rejoin. Boise loses its payout advantage. You officially merge as Pac 12 to start 2026 season with new TV deal. The hostile takeover failed, now the 6 teams will face the reality that they couldnt get what they wanted by back room deals.. unless they go and pick up the bottom tiered MWC teams they didnt want in the first place.

It looks like MWC schools stood firm..

So far.

We need the four schools that left back to generate a decent media deal. BUT I am petty. Bring them all back at a reduced media rate for two years as a penalty. No more favorable Boise deal, they can start over at the standard split.

OSU and WSU can join without penalty, so long as they bring their Pac network equipment and surrender it to the MW. I am fine with a Pac West league.

• Love

SJSU is committing to the MW too.

Money sounds good but it isn’t everything. Especially if some teams haven’t signed off. How would you feel to sign that and then watch UNR and Utah State go to the PAC and we’re stuck here with a pile of cash playing Wyoming, SJSU, and 6 FCS call ups.

So I am confused. We get 10 mil just for saying we won't officially announce leaving the MW for 2 years?
As reagan said, committing for anything longer than the 2 years left on the deal is stupid.
If the PAC tries to merge does that wipe this deal?
I am torn. I would rather us be invited to the PAC, I just think the financial ceiling is higher.
Unless the Big 12 said (just give us 2 years...)

Reactions: 76RunninRebel

SJSU is committing to the MW too.

Money sounds good but it isn’t everything. Especially if some teams haven’t signed off. How would you feel to sign that and then watch UNR and Utah State go to the PAC and we’re stuck here with a pile of cash playing Wyoming, SJSU, and 6 FCS call ups.

Exactly. You only stand your ground if everyone else is as well.

So I am confused. We get 10 mil just for saying we won't officially announce leaving the MW for 2 years?
As reagan said, committing for anything longer than the 2 years left on the deal is stupid.
If the PAC tries to merge does that wipe this deal?
I am torn. I would rather us be invited to the PAC, I just think the financial ceiling is higher.
Unless the Big 12 said (just give us 2 years...)

As of 3:55 today I have gone from hating loving hating loving how this is turning out back to hating it.

so far we only know they offered AFA 10 million...There has been no leak on what they offered us as far as what I've seen

But did the MWC offer the same $10 million deal to USU? SJSU? Maybe, I don't know.

USU sounds like they are gone. SJSU announced intention to stay.

If we get left behind in MWC and USU, RENO and UNM go to the PAC I can honestly say I'm not sure I care enough anymore to watch UNLV play FCS call ups.

Not being hyperbolic. I just wouldn't have any interest in watching a football conference probably behind the MAC now. And not much better than the Sun Belt.

It feels like we took 10 million dollars up front, but committed to taking less than half the annual money we probably would have got in the PAC 2.
The only way this makes sense if we are holding out for something bigger. Like the big 12.
I sure hope Odom was able to give his full opinion on this and this is his preferred road.

With Utah State gone now I don’t know what to think. Really hope UNR doesn’t go to the PAC now.

What a cluster F this thing has turned into.

Unr will probably go to pac 7 next. lol and we will be in the new MWC with a bunch of new crappy schools. Reno and Utah State sill have the last laugh.

UNM is another flagship school. They won't be down long. With Bronco and Pitino that program will be respectable if they invest.
Love, the hire of Bronco Mendenhall. He, wins everywhere he goes.
If, he can win in UNM, which I think he can. They, will go to a bowl game soon.
UNM, really needs to do something about their stadium. It, was born in 1961.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT