ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow we play Low Point

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
I don’t think I wanna go see this. However...

I do wanna see some players get PT. Namely the freshman with a ton of baby fat.

Always interesting to see the bench guys more as they maybe playing a lot next season as we lose some seniors.

Of course they may all transfer out so who knows?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I don’t think I wanna go see this. However...

I do wanna see some players get PT. Namely the freshman with a ton of baby fat.
Hope Hall gets at least 20 min. Really want to see what he can do at this level...ok maybe not Highpoint level but you know what I mean. Also would love to see Nowell(?) get some time. Getting those two in the mix would be helpful.

I think Hall will get more playing time in general this season. We needed full team high intensity defense, especially with the forwards last game.
We also were finding ways to score, at least enough to stay in it and eventually taking the lead.
I think Hall will get his number called when we can exploit his skillset to get buckets, and/ or don't need 100% defense on the wings.

Reactions: RebelScrub
High Point is ranked around 200 on Pomeroy. They are averaging in the high 90's, they have some very nice players so even though we are favored, they will test the Rebel depth. Fastest shooting team so far in NCAA. It won't be an easy win.

Reactions: NSU67
I’m assuming Pacific Time Life Books will be the worst, hard to say, it’s a bad OOC. But let’s not play up shit opponents into something they aren’t, either. Shit is shit.
And come on. Some context. They’re averaging 100 points vs some school named Pfeiffer, maybe Michelle started that school … Wofford, the big name on their slate … check that, the third opponent might have been the best … Lees-McRae … come on now, seriously.

Still better than incarnate word
Even with the expected win by a lot of points, my guess is wherever UNLV is, they’ll drop.

It’s a shit opponent among 4 or 5 highly shit opponents, even if they’re the best of the shit opponents it’s still a shit opponent. Call it what it actually is instead of adding a savory gravy and calling it gourmet.

Seriously, sandbagging High Point. Not you, necessarily.

They played a d2, a d3 and Wofford of the Southern Conf. All things considered, I think we probably should show up and not just concede.

That said, in two of their blowouts they shot over 40% from three. Additionally, they have a guy (House # 2) who looks like he gets to the hole and gets fouled. He's averaging 26 a game in only 21 minutes.

Below is Highpoint beating Florida Atlantic last year. They are better this year. This is just the type of team that can beat us when they are sandwiched between Dayton and South Illinois.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
this UNLV basketball team is gonna kick some ass. Low point. Somebody film. I’m not going.

Revisiting this thread - Zach Auston #55 put up 20 against us? We had the chance to see him in action in person recently at the SoCal challenge and he is the real deal: he's athletic with excellent verticle to compliment his 6'7 size, can finish, can shoot. If he were ever to transfer, we should scoop him up. IMO he is a high power conference caliber player.

They have a solid team with #2 House and #11 Thiem. They are going to win plenty of games this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT