ADVERTISEMENT

WE are finally a good team

rebelwithacause

Rebel Legend
Mar 27, 2002
I like the product

NOW

Thing is.... why does it take so long to teach thee guys how to play ?

As a coach you don't wanna break the rules and practice before October -
However Kevins big mistake this year was playing catch up. The Rebs have been way behind all year
(as far as things coming together and looking like they actually practice) with team cohesiveness

I Love improvement tho

and The Running Rebels have improved

That is why i love CBB so much _ i love seeing kids develop, mature, get better and win in life - I love it so much I Made it my occupation

I think it was Lons 3rd year - (Similarly) I wanted him fired early in the season _ by the end of the year we were in the Sweet 16 - I changed my mind

Can Kevin change my mind this year ?

I was proud to be a REBEL last night - its a good start

Last edited:
I like the product

NOW

Thing is.... why does it take so long to teach thee guys how to play ?

As a coach you don't wanna break the rules and practice before October -
However Kevins big mistake this year was playing catch up. The Rebs have been way behind all year
(as far as things coming together and looking like they actually practice) with team cohesiveness

I Love improvement tho

and The Running Rebels have improved

That is why i love CBB so much _ i love seeing kids develop, mature, get better and win in life - I love it so much I Made it my occupation

I think it was Lons 3rd year - (Similarly) I wanted him fired early in the season _ by the end of the year we were in the Sweet 16 - I changed my mind

Can Kevin change my mind this year ?

I was proud to be a REBEL last night - its a good start
I don’t get it. Southern had as much practice as us … so did Utah State with 50 new players and a first year coach.

And you can say Dedan was young and with the ball in his hand so that’s why it took so long to start to resemble a basketball team.

Don’t know if it was an unserious summer.

Should never get out of the gate as poorly as we did. It’s inexcusable.

Last year we only started fast because we did the Menzies schedule and then we were exposed as frauds as conference play began.

Let’s hope that they keep building and don’t get any more injuries.

I don’t get it. Southern had as much practice as us … so did Utah State with 50 new players and a first year coach.

And you can say Dedan was young and with the ball in his hand so that’s why it took so long to start to resemble a basketball team.

Last year we only started fast because we did the Menzies schedule and then we were exposed as frauds as conference play began.

I don’t believe we should’ve lost to Southern, even if we had all starting 5 out.

BUT, missing both Boone brothers for that game was clearly a huge blow especially defensively. Now that they are both out there, we are so much better.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Whaley wasn't getting as much playing time in the pre-conference lineup either. Missing one Boone didn't help either. Whaley has really come on strong and is now showing CKK how the game is supposed to be played. I'm still not convinced on CKK but, I am convinced we got some players that can teach him the game. Just saying.

This is another game in which I keep bouncing back and fourth like a ping pong ball in regards to Kruger. He should have never lost the Utah State game and they were really never in the SDSU game. I give up the point the refs had much to do with the end of the Utah State game, but they should have never been in that position. On the other side they easily beat a good New Mexico State team and they found a way to win in Boise State. I still have that small hope that they can win out the regular season, which could put them in an at large position based on the strength of the conference.

The bigger issue is that he has lost the fans to the point that they are only getting a few thousand attending a game. Not sure how they can turn that around short of giving out tickets at $5 each in the upper section to bring in the casual fans.

This is another game in which I keep bouncing back and fourth like a ping pong ball in regards to Kruger. He should have never lost the Utah State game and they were really never in the SDSU game. I give up the point the refs had much to do with the end of the Utah State game, but they should have never been in that position. On the other side they easily beat a good New Mexico State team and they found a way to win in Boise State. I still have that small hope that they can win out the regular season, which could put them in an at large position based on the strength of the conference.

The bigger issue is that he has lost the fans to the point that they are only getting a few thousand attending a game. Not sure how they can turn that around short of giving out tickets at $5 each in the upper section to bring in the casual fans.
I feel ya - Last night I loved KK _ love it when he showed some passion and jumped in DJs shit for a lackadaisical play towards the end. He got all Bobby Knight on him

Bottom line we like Kevin _ its just hard to like him when we are embarrassed to be Running Rebel basketball fans. We have high standards

I didn’t watch the game in the jinx.

Dude godfather will not watch UNLV women’s basketball!!

I feel ya - Last night I loved KK _ love it when he showed some passion and jumped in DJs shit for a lackadaisical play towards the end. He got all Bobby Knight on him

Bottom line we like Kevin _ its just hard to like him when we are embarrassed to be Running Rebel basketball fans. We have high standards
I think there’s something to CKK being too nice, too easy going, too soft. It seems to have come back and bitten him early this season. The guys were not ready to play. At all. Not properly conditioned. Didn’t have the (easy) offense down, defense was lazy, overall effort no where near to what’s needed, especially for Rebel hoops. I don’t have first hand knowledge but it sure seems he took the pre-season for granted and it showed. Based on his own comments they’ve turned up the heat in practice and whatdoyaknow the team is playing hard. Hope CKK learned his lesson and adopts a MUCH serious approach to practice and game prep.

RWAC have you went over to the FB board? There's a 4* LB committed to UNLV yesterday. He's attending IMG, just wondering have you seen him play? Thanks

Looked like Kevin the point guard there not coach Kevin. DJ looked focused after that.

Looked like Kevin the point guard there not coach Kevin. DJ looked focused after that.
As a PG himself I suspect CKK has very little patience with poor decision-making at that position. Kevin needs to show more of that side of him to more players.

Hopefully the rebels have that second wind. you have a month to get your shit together.

Problem I have with this is why has it taken him 3 years to assert this type of intensity? Maybe if he had done this at the beginning of league play last season…
This! It’s too late. He has a low ceiling as a coach and we definitely need to move on. He tried the player’s coach routine and it backfired. The team picks and chooses when it wants to play hard and actually defend and rebound.

A couple of wins in conference is not going to change the fact that during a very winnable game with St Mary’s this team was out rebounded by 35-40. Unreal lack of effort.

Reactions: butta1231
This! It’s too late. He has a low ceiling as a coach and we definitely need to move on. He tried the player’s coach routine and it backfired. The team picks and chooses when it wants to play hard and actually defend and rebound.

A couple of wins in conference is not going to change the fact that during a very winnable game with St Mary’s this team was out rebounded by 35-40. Unreal lack of effort.
I didn't know the rebounding was that bad! It is almost like they just stayed outside of the paint and waited for the ball to bounce to them!

I didn't know the rebounding was that bad! It is almost like they just stayed outside of the paint and waited for the ball to bounce to them!
I went back to the box score to look again. 68-33 rebounding in favor of Gaels. The even worse part is that had 29 offensive rebounds to our 3. All that and we lost by 2 points in OT. It doesn’t take a stretch to say that we should have won that game easily with any kind of effort at all. Lack of effort but the players isn’t actually on the players, it’s ultimately on the coaching staff. No one says you have to 5 guys out there. If you don’t want to play hard, you’re not going to play. Kevin would rather be their buddy.

I went back to the box score to look again. 68-33 rebounding in favor of Gaels. The even worse part is that had 29 offensive rebounds to our 3. All that and we lost by 2 points in OT. It doesn’t take a stretch to say that we should have won that game easily with any kind of effort at all. Lack of effort but the players isn’t actually on the players, it’s ultimately on the coaching staff. No one says you have to 5 guys out there. If you don’t want to play hard, you’re not going to play. Kevin would rather be their buddy.
This is one example of why a few wins here or there won’t sway me, Kevin is now trying to change who he is and how he does things and he should have started this in the beginning of year two. Now the heat is up and he’s going to yell and be intense? I don’t want to discuss things like “turning a corner” he has a lot more to do before I say that. Get to the NCAA’s and show some intensity as a staff and team and then maybe we can talk about one more season but if he misses the tournament, I say miss me with the bs of we are a better team crap!

Reactions: butta1231

If he took us to the sweet 16 this year would you change your mind ?

Im pretty sure most Rebel Fans who want him fired would change their tune - ultimately he is to be judged on his total body of work and their is still a lot of basketball yet to be played -

We have have some players - I hope he changes my mind - I am keeping an open mind and enjoying seeing us finally play good basketball

Funny thing is they have become a tier 1 team. Currently they are in first place and from what I can read they may beat out Gonzaga this year.

Funny thing is they have become a tier 1 team. Currently they are in first place and from what I can read they may beat out Gonzaga this year.
And we should have beat them, but didn't.

Same with LMU, and USU, etc, etc. We've missed on more opportunities this year than we have capitalized on. Probably too many to overcome.

Goal for the rest of the year: finish top 5 in conference and get prepared for the MWC tourney. Will be very tough to win it this year.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
If he took us to the sweet 16 this year would you change your mind ?

Im pretty sure most Rebel Fans who want him fired would change their tune - ultimately he is to be judged on his total body of work and their is still a lot of basketball yet to be played -

We have have some players - I hope he changes my mind - I am keeping an open mind and enjoying seeing us finally play good basketball
Your talking to the most ridiculous rebel fan ever and the sky is always falling. He hasn’t had a single positive post in 20 years on these boards. He can find something to complain about even if we torched a top 10 team in hoops or destroyed someone in football as a 30 point dog. Miserable poster

Reactions: rebelwithacause
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT