ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets for SJ State game

LVRebel2000

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2011
Las Vegas
Whats the best place to buy tickets for the SJSU game? I see you can get them on the UNLV website so I'm thinking maybe there. Trying to get a good sized group to bring out next week.

Flying down Tuesday, havent bought tickets yet but will be bringing 8 to the game.

Debating stubhub or directly from the box office website
I was thinking about that too, but figured it would help unlv the most to go thru their website. Stubhub is secondary sales right? So people that already bought tickets and now are reselling them?

Directly through UNLV is most likely the best place in terms of price. Helps the school more as well.
That being said, it may be tough finding a larger group together through them. Unless they open up more sections

For those willing to wait till game day, (there will be tickets available, no doubt) I’ve always had decent luck with gametime. The prices drop significantly leading up to the game. I use gametime for concerts as well. If you play it right you can get solid prices.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I get it, it is a Knights town. But that game, which has a 3 hour buffer before hand none the less.

It is one of 41 regular season home games of this year.

This is a huge football game for this program, to solidify it's best season in the D1/FBS era.

Hey people may not care at all about UNLV football, that is fine and dandy. Those people shouldn't be on these boards

But if you do care at all about UNLV athletics, I don't know how this would prevent you from coming to this game. If you have Knights tickets you could sell them, and use that money to buy UNLV football tickets and still have plenty leftover for beers.

Or be a boss like Bull over here and go to both.

For those willing to wait till game day, (there will be tickets available, no doubt) I’ve always had decent luck with gametime. The prices drop significantly leading up to the game. I use gametime for concerts as well. If you play it right you can get solid prices.
Don't bet on it, the way tickets are selling on sites like stub hub there many be a very limited number available. If you are only looking at a couple of people sitting together, it may not be an issue, but if it is a bigger group you will most likely need to buy through UNLV.

Don't bet on it, the way tickets are selling on sites like stub hub there many be a very limited number available. If you are only looking at a couple of people sitting together, it may not be an issue, but if it is a bigger group you will most likely need to buy through UNLV.
Very true, I’ve only ever been in the 2-4 range. I could see how bigger groups would be more difficult to buy for on gametime.

For the first time in probably 20 years, secondary sellers are more expensive than primary seller.
Are they?! I haven't look outside unlvtickets.com, but getting in between the 20 yard lines on either sideline is $80+ per ticket for UNLV games before fees.

Well, the announced crowds are usually larger than what T mobile can hold. We’ll eventually get to the point where the announced crowd is realistic of the number of people in the house.

Well, the announced crowds are usually larger than what T mobile can hold. We’ll eventually get to the point where the announced crowd is realistic of the number of people in the house.
Are you talking about Aces games?

Do that and you piss off a lot of the people that bought early and end up paying more which is a bad idea in the long run.
are you talking about season ticket holders? Or people that bought individual game tickets early? From what I can tell, those same seats that are going for 87/ticket went for about 40-60/ticket for people that bought season tickets. I get it that you should get a discount for buying the whole year, but at this point, they should do something to try to get as many people as possible to the game.

Like others have said, open up some of the upper section and start tickets at $10-20 per seat. Do what you have to do to get people in the seats.

Also, how about giving an incentive for people that buy directly through UNLV, instead of the secondary markets. If an extra 5000 people buy tickets but just get them on the secondary market from people that already paid for those tickets, that doesn't really help UNLV in any way, right?

Reactions: unlove
For reference, I wanted to see how much tickets are at some other schools.

Boise State vs Air Force, 45-75 through the school, but tickets from $19-134 on vivid seats
New Mexico vs Utah State, $16-133 through UNM, but $8 - 145 on vivid seats
UNR vs Wyoming, $10-100 through UNR, and $9-85 on vivid seats
SDSU vs Fresno St. $25-200 through SDSU, and $22-245 on vivid seats

UNLV vs SJSU, 36-115 through the school, but tickets 33-222 on vivid seats

So basically, UNLV has the most expensive tickets in the MWC, other than some of the most expensive ones at SDSU. And at UNLV, any tickets besides endzone / far corner seating, is $62 or higher.

Reactions: LocoRebel
The drive to have more fans attend isnt about "ticket sales" in the short term. I get people that paid a higher price will be upset that they didnt get the same value, but you were already going to the game, youre not the target audience. If youre a season ticket holder, you already were going to UNLV games regardless of how they performed. Again, not the target audience. Lower the prices to fill the stadium brings in the people who have avoided any connection to UNLV football in the valley for years because of the product on the field. Now you bring in an extra 20k at 10$ a pop, win a Championship on your home field and sell season tickets for 2024 to 25% of those 20k and now your at a 25K season ticket holder base to build attendance off of for 2024, thats how you build a fan base on top of winning home games....

For reference, I wanted to see how much tickets are at some other schools.

Boise State vs Air Force, 45-75 through the school, but tickets from $19-134 on vivid seats
New Mexico vs Utah State, $16-133 through UNM, but $8 - 145 on vivid seats
UNR vs Wyoming, $10-100 through UNR, and $9-85 on vivid seats
SDSU vs Fresno St. $25-200 through SDSU, and $22-245 on vivid seats

UNLV vs SJSU, 36-115 through the school, but tickets 33-222 on vivid seats

So basically, UNLV has the most expensive tickets in the MWC, other than some of the most expensive ones at SDSU. And at UNLV, any tickets besides endzone / far corner seating, is $62 or higher.
What are vivid seats service fees?

The drive to have more fans attend isnt about "ticket sales" in the short term. I get people that paid a higher price will be upset that they didnt get the same value, but you were already going to the game, youre not the target audience. If youre a season ticket holder, you already were going to UNLV games regardless of how they performed. Again, not the target audience. Lower the prices to fill the stadium brings in the people who have avoided any connection to UNLV football in the valley for years because of the product on the field. Now you bring in an extra 20k at 10$ a pop, win a Championship on your home field and sell season tickets for 2024 to 25% of those 20k and now your at a 25K season ticket holder base to build attendance off of for 2024, thats how you build a fan base on top of winning home games....
the Economics of ticket pricing is rather simple. It’s the reason my sons were able to score last minute plane tickets for Vegas to Orange County for…you heard this right…$9. We looked 3 weeks ago and they were $85. The plan was if we couldn’t get them cheap they’d spend Thanksgiving with my parents. We waited until the last minute and got lucky.. the high try ticket price is the premium you pay for a guaranteed spot in the plane or the Allegiant. I also pay a premium for better seats, our own entrance, less people for our bathrooms, better food. Everyone pays a premium for something. I am rest assured that I know I have 4 for Friday and then I know I can buy these same seats next season:

Again. I don’t give a f*ck. It’s actually not slashing prices to get butt I seats that has created low attendance. People who want to go will buy tickets. The issue is how do you get the other half of the vein diagram to the games

the Economics of ticket pricing is rather simple. It’s the reason my sons were able to score last minute plane tickets for Vegas to Orange County for…you heard this right…$9. We looked 3 weeks ago and they were $85. The plan was if we couldn’t get them cheap they’d spend Thanksgiving with my parents. We waited until the last minute and got lucky.. the high try ticket price is the premium you pay for a guaranteed spot in the plane or the Allegiant. I also pay a premium for better seats, our own entrance, less people for our bathrooms, better food. Everyone pays a premium for something. I am rest assured that I know I have 4 for Friday and then I know I can buy these same seats next season:

Again. I don’t give a f*ck. It’s actually not slashing prices to get butt I seats that has created low attendance. People who want to go will buy tickets. The issue is how do you get the other half of the vein diagram to the games
Exactly... heck, if I was Odom, I'd have talked with Harper about taking 5,000 tickets and putting them in grocery stores... "Buy a turkey, get a 4 pack to UNLV football free"... just to get people into seats. I mean they tried all you can eat popcorn, nachos, and soda at Sam Boyd for something like 30 bucks one year if I'm not mistaken...

Exactly... heck, if I was Odom, I'd have talked with Harper about taking 5,000 tickets and putting them in grocery stores... "Buy a turkey, get a 4 pack to UNLV football free"... just to get people into seats. I mean they tried all you can eat popcorn, nachos, and soda at Sam Boyd for something like 30 bucks one year if I'm not mistaken...
Exactly. Not everyone is a die hard fan. Also, if you have a family of 5, or want to go with a group, are you interested enough in going to pay $500 for the game, along with paying for parking? Some people are, but a lot aren't. Allegiant is plenty big enough to have some seats available at a discounted price.

I'm not sure. That's just the site that was linked on ESPN when you go to the "tickets as low as $xx" area.
The lower priced sites have fees up to $15 a ticket. There are other sites that include the fees in their listed ticket price and that price is obviously more than the sites that show fees on checkout.

Exactly. Not everyone is a die hard fan. Also, if you have a family of 5, or want to go with a group, are you interested enough in going to pay $500 for the game, along with paying for parking? Some people are, but a lot aren't. Allegiant is plenty big enough to have some seats available at a discounted price.
I think - and I think this for the championship game as well - it would be wise if UNLV reached out to larger community (not strip) businesses, give a reduction on a group purchase of block tickets. Let them offer them to employees for free, holiday bonus, goodwill, whatever. I can promise you there is a lot of interest, people on the fence … make it easier.

I was able to talk 12 people into buying tickets this week. Don’t how many they’ll buy between them.

But I’d love an email to come out at my work (larger local corporation, more than 3000 employees) saying there are 100 free tickets, first come, first serve, or apply in a raffle … whatever.

I don't have a load of disposable income. I buy the cheapest seat available at UNLV tickets. If they lower the price I want a refund. This isn't a joke post. I'm very serious about my $$.

I don't have a load of disposable income. I buy the cheapest seat available at UNLV tickets. If they lower the price I want a refund. This isn't a joke post. I'm very serious about my $$.
Especially given the current climate of $7 per banana and 20 dollars per gallon, I think most normal everyday people feel the same crunch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT