ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Sales for MWC championship

There are a couple of hundred prime seats now available in the middle of both sides that most likely came from people with season tickets that didn't purchase these seats. Good chance to get some really great seats.
I bought mine too soon, otherwise I would have grabbed some of those

Reactions: Rebel1986
UNLV has sold 15k tickets so far. That’s not including what Boise sold directly through their website. Not bad for 4 days but we need to keep it going these last couple days. This should be the 2nd highest attended game ever for UNLV @Allegiant.
(#1-Iowa State 35,193 #2-Wyoming 25,568)

They should go ahead and make public school tickets either free or half price to get the place filled up. It looks like BSU returned l40, 128 and 129 sections with a few hundred tickets they didn't purchase. Unless Boise State fans purchase tickets on their own and not through the school, they may not have a very big turnout?

Not sure why, but it doesn't appear that Las Vegas is showing up in the numbers we need to fill the bottom section, and a fairly large number of season ticket holders didn't take their seats either.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
UNLV has sold 15k tickets so far. That’s not including what Boise sold directly through their website. Not bad for 4 days but we need to keep it going these last couple days. This should be the 2nd highest attended game ever for UNLV @Allegiant.
Boise isn't bringing many down ...

Is that in addition to season ticket holders? If not, this city is the worst.

We are not a bandwagon town. We are a “will this make me look cool” town. If we win the MWC and our bowl game I doubt we’ll see a significant uptick in season ticket sales. It’s not a “win and they’ll come” type of crowd.

Our marketing team needs to create IG/Tik Tok type opportunity’s to show up and be seen. It’s really hard to do, but I don’t think Vegas is necessarily a bandwagon town…we’re worse

Is that in addition to season ticket holders? If not, this city is the worst.

We are not a bandwagon town. We are a “will this make me look cool” town. If we win the MWC and our bowl game I doubt we’ll see a significant uptick in season ticket sales. It’s not a “win and they’ll come” type of crowd.

Our marketing team needs to create IG/Tik Tok type opportunity’s to show up and be seen. It’s really hard to do, but I don’t think Vegas is necessarily a bandwagon town…we’re worse
I'm telling you guys, a big part of the issue is with the parking situation. I know that other cities and teams have similar (or worse) situations, but most of those have been in place for much longer, and don't have the poor history that UNLV football has. The games at the silver bowl were so easy to attend, and park at, so a lot of locals have only experienced that.

UNLV really needs to get into a co-op with the RTC or whoever controls the bus schedules, and make convenient pick up and drop off locations from around the valley. What about CCSD? They have tons of buses that just sit there over the weekends.

There must be a way to simplify things.

People can drive down to the game and park in some random parking lot within a mile or so, and it's not that big of a deal once you've done it, but for those that haven't been there, it's a bit complicated. I took my grandparents, but there's no way they would have figured out how to buy tickets on seat geak, spothero, or other similar app. So if I didn't take them, they just wouldn't go.

UNLV needs to be proactive in giving very specific information on the options to get to and from the game, and provide all of the instructions on how to do each.

I'm telling you guys, a big part of the issue is with the parking situation. I know that other cities and teams have similar (or worse) situations, but most of those have been in place for much longer, and don't have the poor history that UNLV football has. The games at the silver bowl were so easy to attend, and park at, so a lot of locals have only experienced that.

UNLV really needs to get into a co-op with the RTC or whoever controls the bus schedules, and make convenient pick up and drop off locations from around the valley. What about CCSD? They have tons of buses that just sit there over the weekends.

People can drive down to the game and park in some random parking lot within a mile or so, and it's not that big of a deal once you've done it, but for those that haven't been there, it's a bit complicated. I took my grandparents, but there's no way they would have figured out how to buy tickets on seat geak, spothero, or other similar app. So if I didn't take them, they just wouldn't go.

UNLV needs to be proactive in giving very specific information on the options to get to and from the game, and provide all of the instructions on how to do each.
Vegas having anything beyond a skeleton of a public transportation system would probably help a lot.

Raiders have no trouble with filling up for there games. It is not parking
Reagan is 100% correct. People do not want to show up for something that might not make them look cool.
What else could have Odom and this team done this season? We were undefeated at home and still 25k for the SJSU game.
Going to a half full stadium is simply not cool.
Hopefully we keep winning and more people trickle in to make it cool enough.

So. Was Allegiant a mistake for us?

I don't think we will fill it any time soon unless a miracle happens and we get in a bigger conference. IMO, filling the bottom is a big ask. And without filling at least 3 levels ( 45000 ) it will look bad.

But I don't think we would have lured our coach if we were still in SBS. We had to get out of there.

IMO, a 35000 ( expandable to 45,000 in case we move up in conference ) seat on campus stadium would have been the answer. 25,000-30,000 attending would have appeared nearly full. But I don't think there was a realistic path to that. Lot's of noise without realistic support. Allegiant appeared and we had to jump on board.

So we have our current place and we'll continue to suffer some because of it.

UNLV Now!! Lol.

Beggars can't be choosers. Allegiant is super nice but not ideal. I think opening the section below the torch and a few boxes would ve respectable and a good environment.

Allegiant > Sam Boyd and it’s not even close in my eyes.

It’s not ideal but I think Allegiant was probably the best we could do. Maybe the “UNLVNow” stadium would have been a little better. I do think the Trop48 would have been a better location for students, parking, tailgating, etc but even that plan was for 52k seats and had a weird ass seating setup. Allegiant is what we have for the foreseeable future. 20 years from now the Nomad Raiders may think of moving back to California and we could have decisions then.

Raiders have no trouble with filling up for there games. It is not parking
Reagan is 100% correct. People do not want to show up for something that might not make them look cool.
What else could have Odom and this team done this season? We were undefeated at home and still 25k for the SJSU game.
Going to a half full stadium is simply not cool.
Hopefully we keep winning and more people trickle in to make it cool enough.
Raiders are a whole different animal. The owner keeps complaining that there are more fans rooting for the away team than for the home town team.

The RTC have that arrangement for the Raiders games. I can see that happening when demand grows for UNLV.

So. Was Allegiant a mistake for us?

I don't think we will fill it any time soon unless a miracle happens and we get in a bigger conference. IMO, filling the bottom is a big ask. And without filling at least 3 levels ( 45000 ) it will look bad.

But I don't think we would have lured our coach if we were still in SBS. We had to get out of there.

IMO, a 35000 ( expandable to 45,000 in case we move up in conference ) seat on campus stadium would have been the answer. 25,000-30,000 attending would have appeared nearly full. But I don't think there was a realistic path to that. Lot's of noise without realistic support. Allegiant appeared and we had to jump on board.

So we have our current place and we'll continue to suffer some because of it.
No. Recruits love it. Coaches love it. A stadium like Allegiant is a long term investment. With Allegiant we get better players and coaches. With better coaches and players we get more wins. We get more wins we (hopefully) get more spectators and fans.

Last edited:
Raiders are a whole different animal. The owner keeps complaining that there are more fans rooting for the away team than for the home town team.
True. That was always going to be part of the deal when they moved here.
But we are talking a 40k person difference.
Getting more fans in for a homegrown local product, the original Vegas team, to see a reasonably priced sporting event that has been a good product on the field.
It is so much cheaper for UNLV football and that stadium is so nice right in the middle of town.

I don't know if allegiant has opened up all of the lower bowl tickets for sale or not, or how many sections are being reserved for UNLV students. That being said, on the UNLVtickets page right now, I'd say that there are somewhere between 2000-2500 lower bowl seats available to be purchased.

I'm sure there are tickets that are on the secondary market for people trying to make some extra money, but if those numbers are right, the lower bowl would be more than 90% full, which isn't too terrible. Hopefully more people keep jumping in and they open up the upper deck

RTC has a shuttle from the UNLV transportation center to Allegiant on UNLV game day for $4.00 round trip.
Yeah, which is great for students, or people that live in that area. Doesn't make a lot of sense if you live in Summerlin though, to drive to UNLV, then shuttle back to allegiant.

Reactions: rebeltob

Not once have we parked at the stadium parking lot. We have had zero problems finding parking about 1/3 of a mile away for $20. The problem is that UNLV should assist in pointing out the location of offsite parking so that things are made easier. They could even go to some of these parking areas and make deals to provide locations to ticket holders.

As for the RTC, it takes 40-60 minutes for them to get from UNLV to the stadium without any additional stops along the way. I will admit that there is a lot of construction going on that hampers traffic circulation, but even a trained monkey could make better decisions about how to get the buses to the stadium in under 25 minutes.

Not once have we parked at the stadium parking lot. We have had zero problems finding parking about 1/3 of a mile away for $20. The problem is that UNLV should assist in pointing out the location of offsite parking so that things are made easier. They could even go to some of these parking areas and make deals to provide locations to ticket holders.
This. Allegiant's website actually links to SpotHero to buy parking nearby in advance. https://www.allegiantstadium.com/plan-your-visit/directions-parking

It benefits UNLV to have people pay their prices and park in Lot A-Lot J. But it would benefit the community interested in attending to know about the additional options available. Especially when it's half the cost.

Though I do have to say I bought stadium official parking for the first time this week and it was the same price as those off site spots.

This. Allegiant's website actually links to SpotHero to buy parking nearby in advance. https://www.allegiantstadium.com/plan-your-visit/directions-parking

It benefits UNLV to have people pay their prices and park in Lot A-Lot J. But it would benefit the community interested in attending to know about the additional options available. Especially when it's half the cost.

Though I do have to say I bought stadium official parking for the first time this week and it was the same price as those off site spots.
I have seen the parking shown through Spothero. Typically the parking that is available starts at about $35 or above for the prepaid parking. There are a lot of parking areas around Allegiant that are not tied into them that you can drive up to an pay $15-25 in cash at the time of the game. The parking site you have mentioned pays a fee to Allegiant stadium to list them. Best Parking is a much better site in that it shows the same spaces as Spothero plus some of the parking that is not prepaid in gray as low as $10. There are also numerous other sites between Russell Road and Oquendo Road that are not listed on either site but also provide parking.

https://www.bestparking.com/las-veg...tain-west-football-championship-game-1390863/

As for the RTC, it takes 40-60 minutes for them to get from UNLV to the stadium without any additional stops along the way. I will admit that there is a lot of construction going on that hampers traffic circulation, but even a trained monkey could make better decisions about how to get the buses to the stadium in under 25 minutes.
You want UNLV to endorse private parking lots and open themselves to litigation if something happens on those properties?

Attorneys ruin everything g

• Haha
You want UNLV to endorse private parking lots and open themselves to litigation if something happens on those properties?

Attorneys ruin everything g
Those parking lots have the same insurance requirements as the ones that are listed through Allegiant. All of those parking lots are located within existing building complexes that have owners. Besides, take a look at you parking stubs/agreements from many of the prepaid which assume no liability for anything that happens.

The upper deck 200's in the end zone are being sold. We just might sellout the bottom bowl if they are already selling the next deck.

The upper deck 200's in the end zone are being sold. We just might sellout the bottom bowl if they are already selling the next deck.
While most of the lower sections still have seating, due to return seats from season ticket holders and Boise State, there are not that many seats left overall in the lower section. In the game against SJSU they sold several thousand tickets in the last 1-2 days, so I hope these same people come forward and make this something special!

FYI, there are some parking spots available now on the UNLV tickets site. Wish I would have waited on both my seats and parking now...SMH

Those parking lots have the same insurance requirements as the ones that are listed through Allegiant. All of those parking lots are located within existing building complexes that have owners. Besides, take a look at you parking stubs/agreements from many of the prepaid which assume no liability for anything that happens.
Word to the public: waivers of liability that are not part of contractual negotiations between the two parties are essentially always invalid.

If I’m an attorney with a premise liability case I want as many pots of money as possible. If I can get an extra $100k from them (the statutory limit for a governmental body) I’ll sue them too

Yeah I don’t think they’re selling out the middle sections with so many season ticket returns. The $60 - $175 tix might be too much for most. Glad they opened up more for $20. Hopefully every $20 seat sells.

Anybody reading these last 2 pages would think is is either too expensive for tickets or difficult to park. I especially like the comment about the SBSB being easier after all of the years of everyone saying that was the reason people didn’t go.. I guess if you are looking for an excuse, any one will do.

My tickets in the club section and parking was cheaper than during the season. Go figure. UNLV has made it as easy and cheap as possible to be at this game, at least for anyone that wants to go. See ya Saturday or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT