ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Sales for MWC championship

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
It looks like sections 138-140 have been reserved for Boise State. Also any seats from season ticket holders have been reserved until Tuesday for those who had season tickets to purchase those seats. Since I was not sure who could go to games with me, I purchased one set of three games, and after I found out who could go, I then purchase individual tickets to two of the other three games, so wasn't able to get season tickets this year (will be getting them next year, and my brother may also be considering purchasing season tickets for the first time). It should be noted that the seats I purchased individually all went in the first hour or two, so we ended up buying a group of seats a little higher up in the same secton.

As quick as tickets are selling is due to UNLV keeping the prices much lower than normal. There is only one section of $125 per ticket, and all the remaining sections $75 or less. The majority of the seats for sale are for $20-$40.

I wonder if they will open another section if ticket sales warrant it?

Reactions: 220reb
It looks like sections 138-140 have been reserved for Boise State. Also any seats from season ticket holders have been reserved until Tuesday for those who had season tickets to purchase those seats. Since I was not sure who could go to games with me, I purchased one set of three games, and after I found out who could go, I then purchase individual tickets to two of the other three games, so wasn't able to get season tickets this year (will be getting them next year, and my brother may also be considering purchasing season tickets for the first time). It should be noted that the seats I purchased individually all went in the first hour or two, so we ended up buying a group of seats a little higher up in the same secton.

As quick as tickets are selling is due to UNLV keeping the prices much lower than normal. There is only one section of $125 per ticket, and all the remaining sections $75 or less. The majority of the seats for sale are for $20-$40.

I wonder if they will open another section if ticket sales warrant it?
Time is against us when it comes to selling out sections. Only so much time before the game is upon us next Saturday. I'd assume the walk-up sales should be pretty good though.

Will be a fun atmosphere, but I assume this game will contain more visiting fans than any other game this season.

I’m confused because when I log into my unlvtickets account it says I already have my tickets and parking pass as a season ticket holder

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’m confused because when I log into my unlvtickets account it says I already have my tickets and parking pass as a season ticket holder

Go to the Renewal section and it should give you the option to purchase the tickets.

Mine did when i looked on my phone. When I checked the full website on computer, it was completely different, had to purchase but it was pre-configured for my seats.

Reactions: HerdFan86
Mine did when i looked on my phone. When I checked the full website on computer, it was completely different, had to purchase but it was pre-configured for my seats.
I checked the website too. They’re already there.

This was the same for me. My phone made it seem like the tickets were already there, but when I logged into my account on my PC, I was able to pay for both my seats and my parking pass.

It's possible that could be due to them holding all of those tickets for the season ticket holders, but IDK
They are only holding the seats that are season ticket holders seats, and almost all of those are on the east side. Since UNLV does things weird, it is really hard to know how many seat have or have not been purchased. If the seats gone are actually sold (exception of the sections for BSU - the northwest and southwest corner sections -not the middle area on the west side, also the UNLV season ticket holder seats), then there could be around 3-5K left for sale to the general public.

As for UNLV side and BSU side, I am not sure where that has come from over the years since in most college stadiums all sides are the home team with the exception of a small corner for the visiting team?

Wonder if they are even considering opening up the next deck?

Any tips on parking on-site? UNLVTickets says sold out, try Seatgeek, go to SeatGeek and no parking passes located.

Any tips on parking on-site? UNLVTickets says sold out, try Seatgeek, go to SeatGeek and no parking passes located.
Season ticket holders also have until 5 pm tomorrow to buy their parking pass: if they don’t “renew” in that time, they’ll go back into the public market

Season ticket holders also have until 5 pm tomorrow to buy their parking pass: if they don’t “renew” in that time, they’ll go back into the public market
Where on the site is the parking pass for season ticket holders? I renewed but must be missing something with the parking. I'm having the same experience as VegasPete7. I did have parking pass for the season.

Update.......I bought my tickets and when I went to my confirmation, found that I had paid for parking. Evidentially parking was included when I purchased my tickets. VegasPete7 check your receipt.
Yeah when you bought the tickets it was already included. I was pleasantly surprised with the $15 parking pass price. And I was expecting my seats to be a LOT more than they were.

Yep I think the parking pass was included automatically for STHs. Hopefully, we take a hint from the conference. It’s a lot easier to get a group of people to go if we’re talking 20 bucks in the stadium and 15 bucks for a parking pass.

It looks like a fair number of people purchased tickets to try and resale them for a profit on a secondary ticket market. Stubhub went from a round 200 to 465 tickets available. A large number of the tickets are going for over $100 with the top price at $405. Vivid has tickets as high as $682 each. Seatgeek as high as $673. I wonder if they will find anyone willing to pay those prices when you can still buy tickets for $20?

As a side note, I noticed that for the PAC12 championship there are probably around 15K tickets listed as verified resale tickets (I guess this means they are purchased by a tickets agencies that puts them back up for sale)?

Last edited:
  • Wow
They are only holding the seats that are season ticket holders seats, and almost all of those are on the east side. Since UNLV does things weird, it is really hard to know how many seat have or have not been purchased. If the seats gone are actually sold (exception of the sections for BSU - the northwest and southwest corner sections -not the middle area on the west side, also the UNLV season ticket holder seats), then there could be around 3-5K left for sale to the general public.

As for UNLV side and BSU side, I am not sure where that has come from over the years since in most college stadiums all sides are the home team with the exception of a small corner for the visiting team?

Wonder if they are even considering opening up the next deck?
No, all the south end zone seats will be added due to the PAC12 game the night before using every seat possible in the stadium.

As a side note, I noticed that for the PAC12 championship there are probably around 15K tickets listed as verified resale tickets (I guess this means they are purchased by a tickets agencies that puts them back up for sale)?

I saw that too. Entire rows of Club seats on resale sites. I got my tickets from Oregon which sold out their allotment in a couple of hours yesterday. Their allotment was just a few sections so UW's would be the same, meaning there were a lot of seats available for scalpers to buy whenever it was the tickets went on sale.

For those waiting for parking and/or season ticket seats to open up.... they are available. I was able to grab parking.

But the seats look sparsely available

It appears that there are only around 1500 seats left in the stadium (first level) unless there are other tickets that are out that will still be returned.

From what I can find it appears that the most people to attend a MWC championship was 31,362 at Fresno in 2013 the next highest was 26,101 at Boise State in 2014. It looks like UNLV has the possibility of being either second or the most attended championship game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT