ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Bennett

76RunninRebel

Conference POY
Mar 17, 2019
How about Randy Bennett? He has averaged 23 wins per year over a 18 year period and has 9 NCAA tournament appearances all while being stuck in the conference which has the juggernaut Gonzaga! I believe he makes around 1 million per year so the numbers would make sense, maybe with 2 mill he would be interested! He could be the Gonzaga of the mountain west, if it wasn't for the Zags he would have the best team every year in that conference!
What do you guys think?

No Thank You! I would take Kruger back before hiring him he has the same number of Tourney wins 3 at Saint Mary's that Lon had in half the time here at UNLV.

We already did that with NMSU and the WAC. Count me out.

I’m losing confidence that this will not turn out to be a complete disaster.

It can turn out ok if we somehow hire a solid coach and the fans and boosters back the hell off and let him build the team over a period of time. By virtue of our facilities and history alone we should be able to out recruit all the other teams in the MWC. If the coach is at least equal to the other MWC coaches then the difference in talent should result in us finishing in the top half most if not every year. A good coach can have us dominating most years. But damn, we need to be patient, be realistic and give the next guy some time!

Alford did poorly at UCLA. I thought he would do better there and after that stint I would pass.

How about Randy Bennett? He has averaged 23 wins per year over a 18 year period and has 9 NCAA tournament appearances all while being stuck in the conference which has the juggernaut Gonzaga! I believe he makes around 1 million per year so the numbers would make sense, maybe with 2 mill he would be interested! He could be the Gonzaga of the mountain west, if it wasn't for the Zags he would have the best team every year in that conference!
What do you guys think?

I don’t hate it but he has been there so long that I don’t see it happening. With more talent in Vegas he should improve on his tournament record, but then again I thought the same of Steve Alford at UCLA. And Menzies too; I thought he would have more success at a school where he could get better recruits.

It is looking like a disaster and I doubt we’ll be impressed with the coach that is hired. Whoever is hired would have to start winning for us to change our minds.

It is looking like a disaster and I doubt we’ll be impressed with the coach that is hired. Whoever is hired would have to start winning for us to change our minds.

My new theory is that if buffalo beats Arizona state then Nate oats is unlv’s next coach. Then the yearly bobby Hurley vs Nate oats sellouts begins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT