ADVERTISEMENT

Public Transportation to Sam Boyd?

May 11, 2016
Hey guys, I will be in Las Vegas from August 30th to September 2nd and opened the Thursday night agenda to allow for maximum college football watching and betting. Anyway, I realized that UNLV plays at home that night and thought it'd be pretty cool to actually go to the game while we're there.

I'm waiting for the tickets to go on sale and am just picking up the $14 value endzone seats but was wondering about transportation? We're not getting a car when were there as everything we want to do is right around us. I looked for some information on this but couldn't really find anything. Was wondering if there was a bus or shuttle or something that went from the strip (specifically the New York New York hotel area) to Sam Boyd? Or would a taxi just have to do and how much would that cost there and back?

Thanks.

Hey guys, I will be in Las Vegas from August 30th to September 2nd and opened the Thursday night agenda to allow for maximum college football watching and betting. Anyway, I realized that UNLV plays at home that night and thought it'd be pretty cool to actually go to the game while we're there.

I'm waiting for the tickets to go on sale and am just picking up the $14 value endzone seats but was wondering about transportation? We're not getting a car when were there as everything we want to do is right around us. I looked for some information on this but couldn't really find anything. Was wondering if there was a bus or shuttle or something that went from the strip (specifically the New York New York hotel area) to Sam Boyd? Or would a taxi just have to do and how much would that cost there and back?

Thanks.
I would rent a car for the one day. It would be cheaper than a taxi. I am there for 3 days and it is less than $100.00 for a car for that time.

I would rent a car for the one day. It would be cheaper than a taxi. I am there for 3 days and it is less than $100.00 for a car for that time.
Either that or Uber/Lyft might be the way to go.

I'm not sure if there are shuttle plans. Might have them from campus to stadium and back. Campus is close to NYNY.

I'd probably rent a compact for the day too. Most convenient and dirt cheap.

X2 What Joe said. Uber or Lyft would be your best option or rent a compact car.

The stadium is about a 15 minute drive from campus.

In some past games there were shuttles for students and others. Not sure about this game.

Uber is significantly less expensive than a taxi. I took an Uber last week from Sun City Anthem to airport and it cost $24 dollars. With a taxi it would typically cost $50. I just checked Uber rate for you and it's $20-$26 each way.

I vote for Uber or renting.

29ftfk4.jpg

In some past games there were shuttles for students and others. Not sure about this game.

Uber is significantly less expensive than a taxi. I took an Uber last week from Sun City Anthem to airport and it cost $24 dollars. With a taxi it would typically cost $50. I just checked Uber rate for you and it's $20-$26 each way.

I vote for Uber or renting.

29ftfk4.jpg
And for that 50, that more than pays gas/compact rental.

Public bus goes down Tropicana to the stadium and back but Uber or Lyft are the way to go. If there is a surge from the stadium back you could take the bus back

You also have the option to check with the Regional Transportation Commission (run the bus) to see location of additional bus trips to the UNLV football game, and if you are staying at a hotel you can also check with them to see if they can tell you about and shuttles etc that will be going. .

Thanks for the responses.

I will probably just take an Uber assuming there's lots of em out there and this shouldn't be a game that draws a lot of visiting fans.

Thanks for those of you who came out to Michigan Stadium last season and am looking forward to visiting Sam Boyd and Vegas in general.

I like to drink so I dont drive. Alcohol is served at the games, and of course tailgatinf before hand. I always take a taxi, and now that Uber/Lyft are in LV, this season will take one of those to games.

if you have an issue getting Uber/Lyft after the game, there is also a taxi stand to get back.

I would never taka a bus.

They did have a bus that would take people directly from the UNLV parking lot and back in the past which is not a bad way to go if no other stops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT