ADVERTISEMENT

Please put 2 good halves together this season

pretty please
says-no-this-cute-monkey-smiley-emoticon.gif

Baseball...Please!
pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

For the life of me I just can't figure out why Baxter is not seeing the floor. I understand that his defense isn't the best but neither is Uche's or Green's and he has something they don't have and that is height and length. Forget about building for the future I think he can contribute right now. He seems to have a knack for getting open and knocking down shots at the elbow. And why not Coupet? Like Zion he brings energy and defense and has a nose for the ball and he is a better garbage man than Green, Uche or Clyburn.

I would really like to see Baxter and Coupet get some meaningful minutes if for no other reason than to light a fire under the other guys. It really seemed to bring a change in Poyser's game last night. Still not hitting any shots except from the foul line but he showed more defensive intensity.

And I would be remiss if I didn't bring up Uche's missed alley oop slam dunk coupled with a technical on our first well run fast break of the year!

I need a day or two off, to digest this latest abomination. When we can’t hold a 13-point lead in the second half against The Mighty Spartans of San Jose, there’s just not a lot to say.

The team doesn’t have the same luxury. New Mexico is coming to town with revenge on their mind. They hadn’t lost since we beat them at their house until UNR drubbed them yesterday in Reno 82-65. So, they’ll be out for blood at the T&M, and judging from our last couple of games, they’re better than we are. Hell, is there anyone who isn’t better?

I know JoJo was our leading scorer and all, but I got the impression that he was sulking over, what I assume to have been, a rather severe scolding by Coach Menzies after the Wyoming game. He hadn’t taken a shot until late in the first half. That’s not very Mooring-like. And I too wondered why Baxter hadn’t earned a few minutes. MM even singled him out, along with Morgan, as a catalyst in the last game. But I’m not ready to start second-guessing the Coach.

I have to chuckle at my own hypocrisy. I need time off and I launch into a couple of paragraphs doing just the opposite. Then I question MM’s use of his players, concluding with my desire to not question him. So you should probably ignore me. I’m just spinning my wheels over this loss, in particular. How ‘bout just…Go Rebels!

images

Conspiracy Theory.....forgive me as I've had a few brews...but thinking this makes me feel better

Menzies is not playing the best rotations because he wants to hide them until the tournament.... he knows we're a one bid conference so he is using the regular season games as a smoke screen in order to come out of nowhere in March, dominate the tournament, and get a bid to the dance.

Again....it's my own theory that gets me through losing to SJSU

We look like a team cobbled together haphazardly over a shortened off season with little regard for filling specific needs and more regard to just getting warm bodies with some skills to fill out a nearly empty roster...

If the team is still struggling like this next year then I'll get worried. As it stands I felt FAR worse about our team last year when we were supposed to be battling SDSU for conference supremacy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT