ADVERTISEMENT

Now is the time

"there are work arounds for the terrible parking"

Such as?

Uber/Lyft.

There's a bar Tailgater Tavern about 1/2 mile from stadium. Go in grab beer or beverage walk out walk to game. It's free did it numerous times two seasons ago

Grab some friends and buy a parking pass to split costs and car pool to game.

I think it's like $150 for the season? Maybe $250? I forget..Either way..

Divide that number by people in group and it's not that expensive really.

Uber/Lyft.

There's a bar Tailgater Tavern about 1/2 mile from stadium. Go in grab beer or beverage walk out walk to game. It's free did it numerous times two seasons ago

They have mass transit available from numerous points throughout the City. It's $2.00 per person each way. Always on time and is more convenient than driving your car and trying to find a parking space.

Uber/Lyft.

If you are a veteran you can get a free parking card for MGM properties and park at the Mandalay Bay garage.

If you are a veteran you can get a free parking card for MGM properties and park at the Mandalay Bay garage.

I am a veteran of domestic battles with my wife.

I fought in the Great Battle of Thermostat where many droplets of sweat were lost until I wore her down and achieved victory at 72 degrees.

Would that get me in?

Uber/Lyft.

Does this tavern have seating area for under 21. Thinking of doing this for todays game but show up couple hours early to grab food for my daughter.

I stand corrected then. I think it will be a magical year then.
Anytime UNLV football makes a bowl game it is magical. It ranks somewhere between Christmas as a kid and finding that channel late at night when we were in high school that somehow played the movie "Invasion of the Bee Girls" or the music video "Girls on Film" by Duran Duran.

Now is the time to go out and support these Rebels, especially football.

We have a lot of Rebel fans that almost take pride in the fact that they don't go to games or give the school money. I get it. It is a protest to the way things have gone, and they have not gone well. I get it.

But this is the year to break protest and try to show up.

There is a very small window that may be open, and it is still open, for UNLV to upgrade it's profile to try to get in with the big boys. The only thing holding it back is success (easier said than done) and fan support.

UNLV has put their money where there mouth is with football. They sent money on a legit SEC coach, the most in conference history to get this done. There are more reasons than ever to hope for a good year.

These conference just want to see if UNLV can hang enough to even be a bottom 3rd team, and to see if UNLV can capture enough excitement of our very good second tier market. Moderate success and decent support in some ways have been the missing piece.

Tickets can be reasonable, there are work arounds for the terrible parking, and there are a lot of winnable games on the schedule this year. Oh yeah both the offense and the defense have a chance to be pretty exciting.

In also think basketball has a chance to have a fun, relative break out year, but really football does matter a lot more. If you can only afford one, pick football

UNLV no history, the majority of its fans are basketball only. I get that. But even as a basketball fan, getting into a better conference will ultimately help basketball tremendously. Show up for football to help basketball

You may not think they deserve your support, and I do understand if you feel this way. But if you are on this site, you care, even just a little. Just one year do what you can to show up if you do care. This window may close this season or even sooner than that, we will see. This could be a make or break year, please do what you can to help.

Crowds do help BTW, home field advantages are a thing when decent, rowdy crowds.

Thanks and Go Rebels!

piss poor marketing - its not a bad product and UNLV cant sell it

Reactions: LVRebel2000
It looks like Stubhub has found a lot of new tickets since numerous sections that had no seats before now have seats. Expectation is that someone bought more tickets from UNLV and put them up on the secondary market.

It also appears that a bunch of tickets have been put back on the UNLV ticket market in section 140. Section 140 is the section for SJSU tickets. Obviously, SJSU isn't buying a lot of tickets, so almost all of the ticket sales are for UNLV supporters!

It also appear that several sections listed by UNLV Tickets have recently sold a fair number of tickets. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these are the same sections now listed on Stubhub. Either way, we still have 4+ days for tickets to be sold with the hope of selling out the lower section. That would be nice!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT