ADVERTISEMENT

Allegiant stadium

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
I’m sitting here thinking the Allegiant deal was a mistake. The stadium is just too big. The only way we ever put even 2/3 of the people needed to fill this is to be in contention for a national championship. It just swallows the number of people who come to a game.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’m sitting here thinking the Allegiant deal was a mistake. The stadium is just too big. The only way we ever put even 2/3 of the people needed to fill this is to be in contention for a national championship. It just swallows the number of people who come to a game.
If we ever reach the football promise Land that won't be an issue... I don't like the empty space behind the endzone more than anything else

Will there be leaks at the stadium?

Yes or no..

It’s holding up in this rain.

Unlv should be up at least another couple touchdowns. #smalltime

I’ve been saying this since before it was built. UNLV needs a 35-40k seat stadium than can be expanded if ever needed. Exactly what SDSU and CSU recently built.

Even if 35k show up to the current stadium it’s only slightly over 1/2 full.

I’ve been saying this since before it was built. UNLV needs a 35-40k seat stadium than can be expanded if ever needed. Exactly what SDSU and CSU recently built.

Except the Big 12 told UNLV officials during stadium discussions that it was a non-starter for member consideration if stadium was not able to hold 60-65k circa 2012...
30-35k would've been one of the smallest P5 stadiums and definitely smallest of P4 candidates. It's why it surprised me that SDSU went small on Snapdragon, which may have been fine for old Pac 12, but not for others...

This is ideal, but not happening. We should be grateful for Allegiant and not the questioning it. Unless unlv can be a consistent top 25 program for the next 10 years good luck getting the city to build another football stadium.

A multi-purpose MLS / college football stadium may be our best chance. But I think unlv is happy with Allegiant.

Will there be leaks at the stadium?

Yes or no..

It’s holding up in this rain.
Listen, I know the valley isn’t used to rain … but when 2B is shelled out, you’d think it could keep out rainfall. That there was a brief delay because of the rain is pitiful.

If it were outdoors, they’d play on (unless heavy lightning). But indoors, let’s pause. Lol.

Maybe they were afraid the dome would crumble.

Except the Big 12 told UNLV officials during stadium discussions that it was a non-starter for member consideration if stadium was not able to hold 60-65k circa 2012...
30-35k would've been one of the smallest P5 stadiums and definitely smallest of P4 candidates. It's why it surprised me that SDSU went small on Snapdragon, which may have been fine for old Pac 12, but not for others...
My understanding is Snapdragon was built with the ability to be expanded if it’s ever needed.

My understanding is Snapdragon was built with the ability to be expanded if it’s ever needed.
Not exactly.. that was discussed as part of the design like most large projects often are, but it's not as simple as just adding some tiered seating... would require demolition and renovation of a brand new stadium, and likely only taken up if an NFL team decided to retirn to San Diego, not for Aztec football.. and I can't see them doing so in near future so shortly after opening...

Not exactly.. that was discussed as part of the design like most large projects often are, but it's not as simple as just adding some tiered seating... would require demolition and renovation of a brand new stadium, and likely only taken up if an NFL team decided to retirn to San Diego, not for Aztec football.. and I can't see them doing so in near future so shortly after opening...
Especially since they are only filling up 50% of what they have currently.

Not exactly.. that was discussed as part of the design like most large projects often are, but it's not as simple as just adding some tiered seating... would require demolition and renovation of a brand new stadium, and likely only taken up if an NFL team decided to retirn to San Diego, not for Aztec football.. and I can't see athem doing so in near future so shortly after opening...

Apparently there was a plan and renderings if expansion is ever needed. Currently playing in the MWC obviously not needed. Other stadiums have added upper decks that don’t make the stadium unplayable during construction Autzen is one that comes to mind since I have season tickets there, not sure but I think TCU played in theirs as well.

“The stadium was designed to be expandable to a capacity of 55,000 (complete with a plan and renderings for such an expansion) or more to accommodate a prospective NFL return to San Diego and/or future needs of the Aztecs football team.”

This is from Wikipedia but I know I’ve read articles stating the same.

Listen, I know the valley isn’t used to rain … but when 2B is shelled out, you’d think it could keep out rainfall. That there was a brief delay because of the rain is pitiful.

If it were outdoors, they’d play on (unless heavy lightning). But indoors, let’s pause. Lol.

Maybe they were afraid the dome would crumble.
Definitely pitiful. I was surprised it wasn't stopped earlier during the first downpour as it was coming in much heavier than when they found it. I think they had to stop it to prevent foreseeable injury. One spot is wet and the rest is good footing? Now I wish the OC would have called for a play for the WR to cut with the DB on the wet area but that's just me.

Reactions: RebelScrub
If we ever reach the football promise Land that won't be an issue... I don't like the empty space behind the endzone more than anything else
That one is on Allegiant. Technically that is supposed to be end zone seating but they have decided to not set it up unless they have to. It's one less thing that they have to do during the change over to the Raiders grass field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT