ADVERTISEMENT

New offer Willie Hobdy CB JUCO

rebelbuck

Retired Number
Aug 14, 2007
Willie Hobdy , looks like a ball hawk. Could use some help back there to go along with Myles, Hough, Mouton, Daniels & Flowers (I think he moves back to DB after this season).

Reactions: RebelinWA
Which is why he was replaced as starter by Robert Jackson who played pretty well at SJSU. forgot to put him in the list above .

I have a feeling Mouton and Hough are and have been playing hurt. Both showed flashes of potential last year, but have struggled. Hoping the week off gave the team a chance to recover.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
For me, the bottom line is that our secondary has to play the ball better. Outside of the CMU game, we have not had many instances where receivers flat out beat our guys. Almost always, our defender is in good position, does 90% of his job right, then that final 10% (breaking up pass, intercepting, delivering a big (and legal) hit), or if nothing else, not interfering and drawing a flag) we have messed up so badly.

There have been many examples of this all year, perhaps none as glaring as the big pass play last game against SJSU when Hawthorne provided safety help, and instead of "helping" he took a bad angle and tackled our DB. What should have been a 35 yard completion AT MOST, tuned into a huge catch and touchdown play.

There have been a few times where they have been step for step, in the right spot, but never turned around/ realized a pass was coming their way. Little mistakes that hurt a lot.

For me, the bottom line is that our secondary has to play the ball better. Outside of the CMU game, we have not had many instances where receivers flat out beat our guys. Almost always, our defender is in good position, does 90% of his job right, then that final 10% (breaking up pass, intercepting, delivering a big (and legal) hit), or if nothing else, not interfering and drawing a flag) we have messed up so badly.

There have been many examples of this all year, perhaps none as glaring as the big pass play last game against SJSU when Hawthorne provided safety help, and instead of "helping" he took a bad angle and tackled our DB. What should have been a 35 yard completion AT MOST, tuned into a huge catch and touchdown play.
If they can't do the final 10%, then that's a talent issue in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT