ADVERTISEMENT

Morgan -??? will he play this year

I know little about Menzies. But this upped my respect for him.

“I think any time a player says yes to you initially after recruiting him or makes a decision to stay, you owe that player every opportunity to be successful in life,” Menzies said. “Basically trying to make sure we give Dwayne the best chance to get his degree and be successful in life.

“My whole plan for him has nothing to do with basketball,” Menzies said. “Without getting into details, we’re dealing with other things to make sure that he has a great life. He’s still on scholarship, and he’s still going to school."
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...cuses-on-helping-dwayne-morgan-off-the-court/

All that said, I still would like to know how Menzies is going to reduce the number of scholarships by 1 in the next few weeks?

How long was he in hotel california before he was released?

Anybody?

Ok so I drive Uber around the city.... A few days ago I picked up Dwayne in Summerlin and took him to a mechanic by Boulder station to pick up his car... He could have just been pulling my leg but it seemed like he was being really candid w me... He said he was about to graduate and he was gonna skip this season to go play over seas. Me being a fan, and Dwayne being my favorite player since he signed w us, I was a little devastated and without seeming like a bother or a groupie I told him he really needed to stay, that I could see him averaging 16 and 9 being drafted, but he seemed pretty adamant he was going over seas.. again, he may have jus been pulling my leg.

Anyway, aside from that he was cool as hell... I'm a warriors fan, so I brought up the finals (at this point it was 2-0). He went in pretty damn hard on KD lol... Called him a ho for leaving OKC for GS. And said it'd be like him losing to SDSU in the tourney and then him transferring there the next year lol. But he did say he was super happy for Pat and that's the only bright side of these finals....

I asked him who he thought was a better coach between Rice and Menzies and he went on a hilarious damn tangent about rice. Paraphrasing here, but he said "you know how coaches get the clipboard on the sideline and draw plays? Coach rice would get the clipboard and write shit like 'play defense' and 'rebound'" lmaoooo I was dying for the rest of the car ride...

He also said Chris wood is lazy

Also said our new 5 Star don't impress him. It was like cab confessions y'all, he said the players didn't respect rice cuz rice let em do wtf they wanted to do, and they would wild out. I went on to say "isn't that part of the reason for signing to UNLV..." He said yes recruits want to have fun" and he brought up how he heard the 90s teams used to get suites at the top of (some hotel he said I can't remember).. but Rice let the players walk all over him, so no one had much respect for him. Went on to say Menzies isn't like that and the locker room very much respects him.

It was the funnest ride I've given yet, of course AFTER the ride a whole bunch of questions popped in my head that I should have asked him, seeing as how he seemed pretty comfortable around me and was being very candid...

Anyway that's the scoop for you guys. Hope y'all enjoyed. I signed up here just to post this.

Last edited:
Ok so I drive Uber around the city.... A few days ago I picked up Dwayne in Summerlin and took him to a mechanic by Boulder station to pick up his car... He could have just been pulling my leg but it seemed like he was being really candid w me... He said he was about to graduate and he was gonna skip this season to go play over seas. Me being a fan, and Dwayne being my favorite player since he signed w us, I was a little devastated and without seeming like a bother or a groupie I told him he really needed to stay, that I could see him averaging 16 and 9 being drafted, but he seemed pretty adamant he was going over seas.. again, he may have jus been pulling my leg.

Anyway, aside from that he was cool as hell... I'm a warriors fan, so I brought up the finals (at this point it was 2-0). He went in pretty damn hard on KD lol... Called him a ho for leaving OKC for GS. And said it'd be like him losing to SDSU in the tourney and then him transferring there the next year lol. But he did say he was super happy for Pat and that's the only bright side of these finals....

I asked him who he thought was a better coach between Rice and Menzies and he went on a hilarious damn tangent about rice. Paraphrasing here, but he said "you know how coaches get the clipboard on the sideline and draw plays? Coach rice would get the clipboard and write shit like 'play defense' and 'rebound'" lmaoooo I was dying for the rest of the car ride...

Also said our new 5 Star don't impress him. It was like cab confessions y'all, he said the players didn't respect rice cuz rice let em do wtf they wanted to do, and they would wild out. I went on to say "isn't that part of the reason for signing to UNLV..." He said yes recruits want to have fun" and he brought up how he heard the 90s teams used to get suites at the top of (some hotel he said I can't remember).. but Rice let the players walk all over him, so no one had much respect for him. Went on to say Menzies isn't like that and the locker room very much respects him.

It was the funnest ride I've given yet, of course AFTER the ride a whole bunch of questions popped in my head that I should have asked him, seeing as how he seemed pretty comfortable around me and was being very candid...

Anyway that's the scoop for you guys. Hope y'all enjoyed. I signed up here just to post this.

Wow...:eek:

It makes sense that Dwayne is the person who loses his scholarship. Great if he is making this decision without overt pressure. Not too concerned about his assessment of McCoy. If he is not a game changer now, more chance that he will not be a one and done rebel.

I have mixed feelings about this post. On on hand, I appreciate the insight of a (alleged) conversation. On the other hand, this doesn't sit well with me - for a variety of reasons.

Love Morgan. Hope he stays. Hope McCoy is as advertised, and I hope we win the conference.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
I have mixed feelings about this post. On on hand, I appreciate the insight of a (alleged) conversation. On the other hand, this doesn't sit well with me - for a variety of reasons.

Love Morgan. Hope he stays. Hope McCoy is as advertised, and I hope we win the conference.

What part doesn't sit well with you? Just the fact that I shared our conversation w you guys?

Appreciate you sharing the story. I'd imagine Dwayne isn't so naive as to think this conversation wouldn't be shared with other fans so I'm ok with the post as long as it's truthful(there's nothing I read that seemed too far-fetched). I would love for Dwayne to stay as well but with his arrest and imminent graduation I can't blame him if he wanted to move on.

You guys are acting like anything I said could get him in trouble.

I suppose its the way of the world. This conversation would be difficult to share with the world in 1992 (pre-internet, whenever that was). But now we can have candid conversations, and viola, there it is for the world to see. No doubt Coach Menzies, Steve Grimala, and Mark Anderson have had conversations with Dwayne about your very post here at Rebel-net.

I'm not blaming you - in fact I appreciated the insight. Its just the way of the world now.

lol, if this is read by others and inserts a chip into BM's shoulder, feel sorry for the MWC...

Hmm. Turns out he told me the truth

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT