ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFF TOPIC Look over there!

That's a pretty click-baity title. This guy had nothing to do with 9/11. He worked for KSM 2 years after 9/11 and DID help plan the Jakarta Hotel attack.

He was held without trial in 2003 and when he was ordered to face trial in a military tribunal ordered by George W. Bush and did a plea deal with said tribunal and given an eventual plea bargain for a 10 year sentence and time served which is basically up.

20 years of solitary, including rectal feeding and no hot water and sleep deprivation. At what point is it enough?

That's a pretty click-baity title. This guy had nothing to do with 9/11. He worked for KSM 2 years after 9/11 and DID help plan the Jakarta Hotel attack.

He was held without trial in 2003 and when he was ordered to face trial in a military tribunal ordered by George W. Bush and did a plea deal with said tribunal and given an eventual plea bargain for a 10 year sentence and time served which is basically up.

20 years of solitary, including rectal feeding and no hot water and sleep deprivation. At what point is it enough?
Thank you for sharing this. That clickbait is why I hate all news.. especially since I got duped.

"DID help plan the Jakarta Hotel attack"(9 dead) ................"At what point is it enough?"

Don't have any idea at what point it's enough, but we aren't nearly there yet.

"DID help plan the Jakarta Hotel attack"(9 dead) ................"At what point is it enough?"

Don't have any idea at what point it's enough, but we aren't nearly there yet.
First of all, I'd say a military tribunal would disagree with your assessment. Pardon me if I value their opinion on this matter slightly higher than yours.

Second, apparently his 'planning' amounted to bringing money at one point, and delivering one of the future suicide bombers to a staging area prior to the area. This makes him a bad effin guy, but I'm not sure this makes him worthy of being treated worse than people with a lot higher body counts. It certainly doesn't warrant torture. He is indirectly responsible for a part in at least 12 deaths (9 of them innocent) and hundreds of injured. There has to be repercussions for that. If he's done something worthy of being executed, then try him and execute him. I would argue that if he had done something worthy of execution then that's what we would have done.

There is evidence that since he had his visa at the time that KSM had tabbed him to run a sort of infrastructure assault in the US but he was picked up well before that could happen.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I kind of think the USA are or should be 'The Good Guys' in the world. We should mete out justice where needed. But I don't think justice is vengeance. I think a lot of our war on terror has gotten rid of some bad dudes, but I also think there will be more bad dudes and now martyrs for those bad dudes to point out. I don't like that a lot of that has become robot assassinations and cases of extraordinary rendition and torture. That feels like pages out of the 'Bad Guy' play book. When as a people we don't shrink away from tactics that would make the NVA cringe for interrogation, I think maybe it's enough.

But we can disagree, I find that there isn't a lot of give from either position on this set of issues.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT