ADVERTISEMENT

NIT: Unlv vs Princeton discussion

After watching JJ3 and Cottrell in their few minutes here, I'd like that spot filled by a different player next year
Add Nowell and I’m starting to think Hicks better get under control or he can slide down to the end of the bench if not be replaced!

Reactions: butta1231
I just tuned in. We are gonna win.

I feel like I’m inside Epcot Center or something. They got a nice racetrack. Pretty neat arena they got

Reactions: LVRebel2000
If Kruger is serious about keeping his job, he should tell Cottrell to not EVER shoot it from the outside.

The Princeton offense worries me especially with our young learning on the job coach. We have played well against AFA (one game) but I’m definitely not equating AFA to Princeton. We’ve shown we can defend the 3 very well and have a very stingy defense. Playing a slower game also is not a problem for UNLV. We should be strong on the inside and hold an advantage there. Pound the ball down low and play an inside-out game, bring out A-game defense and limit our 3-pt attempts and we have a fair shot. What worries me most is the last 10 min of the game assuming the game is still up for grabs. CKK and the players get tight and tend to get away from what got them thru the first 30 min. It sure would be nice to see this team win a couple in the NIT and show some promise for the future.
A Princeton team with Chinese point guard should never ever have to scare UNLV.

Well…let’s hold on to this 10 point lead.

Come on Rebels.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Where was this bench performing during the regular season?
Let's Go win this thing now... might as well since we're still here right?
15 point lead went down to 4. Dj had same amount of turnovers as points.

Again, our ability to close out games could be the worst of our many faults. But a road win over a team with only 4 losses sez something.

I believe that is our 20th win of the season. At least 5 games should have been wins. We played this one minus 3 starters or top rotation players in Hill, K Boone, L Rod. And Keylan Boone missing the first month of the season really hurt as he has been real good last few weeks.

Well that sucks I was planning to go to the BC game but UNLV is hosting?? How does that work with BC a higher seed?

I believe that is our 20th win of the season. At least 5 games should have been wins. We played this one minus 3 starters or top rotation players in Hill, K Boone, L Rod. And Keylan Boone missing the first month of the season really hurt as he has been real good last few weeks.
I wish we could get a 6th year for Keylan... he fits exactly what I want out of his position and has basically been exactly as advertised which is nice

SDSU was not the best team in the league. They are incredibly flawed and run as Ledee does. They dont have an offense and are worse shooters than we are, thats why we were able to stay with them despite not having Boone.

You've been arguing that the conference was better than it was all season. Obviously the committee agreed that it wasn't. Yes, they took 6 teams, but 2 play-ins and the discussion of UNM only getting a bid because they won the tournament.
Utah St. has a whole lot of other reasons contributing to their play in the tournament. Their coach is shopping for homes in Seattle and calling around for assistants to join him. they knew they were in and it showed in their play in both games.
The bottom 4 of the conference were just bad and we got lucky that we played each one twice. Im not saying Im not rooting for them tonight, I hope we win the whole thing since we are in it. Im just not certain its changed anything in my mind that the program has turned any corner and that making the NIT is a sign that we will defiantly make the biggest step next season.
6 bids is 6 bids. 3rd most out of every conference.
Considering there is a heavy bias towards the power schools, just look at the new NIT rules, they aren't even trying to hide it anymore. That is even more notable. No other mid major got more than 2 bids.
Sure they screwed us with match ups and bids. They didn't want to give us those bids, they had to. They are trying to set us up to fail. Hopefully stack up a few more wins this year. It does help UNLV, more money to share.

In terms of next year and the future? No one knows. I do recognize that there has been progress so that gives me some hope. Also the fact that CKK is inexperienced would logically let you to believe that he could improve more.

It doesn't mean he will. We could regress next season.

All of this banter stems from the discussion of whether Kevin will be fired or not. It looks pretty apparent that he is back for another year. So this discussion can continue. But for now can we just root for our team in peace?

Beating a team that was supposed to win, on the road, across country with 2 starters out. Can't we be happy just a little bit?

6 bids is 6 bids. 3rd most out of every conference.
Considering there is a heavy bias towards the power schools, just look at the new NIT rules, they aren't even trying to hide it anymore. That is even more notable. No other mid major got more than 2 bids.
Sure they screwed us with match ups and bids. They didn't want to give us those bids, they had to. They are trying to set us up to fail. Hopefully stack up a few more wins this year. It does help UNLV, more money to share.

In terms of next year and the future? No one knows. I do recognize that there has been progress so that gives me some hope. Also the fact that CKK is inexperienced would logically let you to believe that he could improve more.

It doesn't mean he will. We could regress next season.

All of this banter stems from the discussion of whether Kevin will be fired or not. It looks pretty apparent that he is back for another year. So this discussion can continue. But for now can we just root for our team in peace?

Beating a team that was supposed to win, on the road, across country with 2 starters out. Can't we be happy just a little bit?
We can a little.. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT