ADVERTISEMENT

Line 'Em Up UNLV vs FSU

We break FSU’s record streak of games holding the opposition to under 30 but still lose 56-38.

Another 50+ point game FSU 52 UNLV 24, I hope they pull off the the upset and prove me wrong!

FSU 65 Rebs 7

They're ranked and looking for the best Bowl Possible. Plus we were their only conference loss last year. Look for them to pump it up.

Fresno 52
UNLV 24

Another ugly game for the Rebels. Things won’t get any easier with @SDSU next week too.

I am still not sold on any improvements Sanchez Ferttita ever made in this football program. To hold the University hostage due to a $10million donation not enought to build the training facility. I have not made the same donations these people did. I am just a former student and fan but to say this guy deserves anothers year. Just look at Fresno. How does Fresno have a better basketball and football program than UNLV.

This is as bad as I can remember.... we haven't had a coach with a winning record since 1981... 37 years ago (Tony Knap)... 100% of the focus of the AD, and much of the focus of the President of the school, needs to be on fixing this perennial dumpster fire. A new, average at best facility (compared to the competition), and playing in an empty NFL stadium, isn't going to create a scenario where this program fixes itself.... it needs leadership, and focus from the AD and president.... it simply cannot continue to be this every damn year. People complain about the attendance, but what the hell do they expect???? Who wants to see this every week, every year? Nobody.... when Robinson had marginal success, the stands were 3/4 full or more the next year.... but it fizzled quickly. People will respond to a winner....

...but now, it's an uphill battle.... it'll be harder than ever for success and momentum to happen as the Raiders are coming, and with the Golden Knights being here... etc...

Reactions: j. spilotro
I am still not sold on any improvements Sanchez Ferttita ever made in this football program. To hold the University hostage due to a $10million donation not enought to build the training facility. I have not made the same donations these people did. I am just a former student and fan but to say this guy deserves anothers year. Just look at Fresno. How does Fresno have a better basketball and football program than UNLV.
Fresno?

What about Reno?

And others

This is as bad as I can remember.... we haven't had a coach with a winning record since 1981... 37 years ago (Tony Knap)... 100% of the focus of the AD, and much of the focus of the President of the school, needs to be on fixing this perennial dumpster fire. A new, average at best facility (compared to the competition), and playing in an empty NFL stadium, isn't going to create a scenario where this program fixes itself.... it needs leadership, and focus from the AD and president.... it simply cannot continue to be this every damn year. People complain about the attendance, but what the hell do they expect???? Who wants to see this every week, every year? Nobody.... when Robinson had marginal success, the stands were 3/4 full or more the next year.... but it fizzled quickly. People will respond to a winner....

...but now, it's an uphill battle.... it'll be harder than ever for success and momentum to happen as the Raiders are coming, and with the Golden Knights being here... etc...
Bingo. Where’s the leadership, with it, we can get some money.

If UNLV athletics were a family owned business, it’d go bankrupt every year.

All I keep hearing is how Sanchez talks about how recruiting is going to improve once the training complex and stadium is finished. That kids like the bling of new stuff. No kid is going to want to come to a program that isn't winning games and going to bowl games. You can try and shovel the BS of how you are rebuilding and they are going to be a part of the process. But that's the same song and dance every losing program uses. Other schools have improved, why can't UNLV. Maybe they should hire an independent firm to hire the next coach because the job certainly isn't getting done right by whoever has been making the hiring decisions in the past. UNLV is never going to get into the PAC 12, more BS there. If any team gets there from the MW, it's going to be Boise, Fresno or San Diego State. People seem to think because of the size of Vegas and location for traveling that they would be a choice. No way. I don't know if any of you have ever been to Pullman Washington, where Washing State is, but it's about as remote of a location as you can get, yet they are in the Pac 12 or Corvallis Oregon the home of Oregon State. The whole town pretty much goes to the games there. But they support the team winning or losing. That will never happen at UNLV unless the program is consistently winning. People in Vegas like to be associated with winners. The answer isn't even dropping down to FCS because right now UNLV couldn't beat half of the FCS teams.

So now. We have a really bad team in loser mode. Don't try don't practice. Bad coaching. Even TS knows his ass is grass. More TS BS on Reb zone

Season over. Facilities do not build great teams. Great coaching builds great teams. Great players are not great with out great coaching. Amazing.

Sanchez Fertitta is not going anywhere. He will be here next year. He will be here for 2 more years.

Sanchez Fertitta is not going anywhere. He will be here next year. He will be here for 2 more years.
If he stays and has another season like this year it's going to look pretty sad in that new stadium. Can you imagine 10-15k fans in a 65k seat stadium. I remember the Michigan game, we had a handful of UNLV fans there and then all of a sudden 104K michigan fans were there. That is the kind of atmosphere UNLV needs but will never have until the program consistently comes up with wins. The thing about Sam Boyd being too far for students to get to is another non truth. If that was the case why isn't the T & M filling up these days. Students will come once the team gives them something to be proud to cheer for. Until then get used to seeing poor attendance at these events.

Reactions: j. spilotro
If he stays and has another season like this year it's going to look pretty sad in that new stadium. Can you imagine 10-15k fans in a 65k seat stadium. I remember the Michigan game, we had a handful of UNLV fans there and then all of a sudden 104K michigan fans were there. That is the kind of atmosphere UNLV needs but will never have until the program consistently comes up with wins. The thing about Sam Boyd being too far for students to get to is another non truth. If that was the case why isn't the T & M filling up these days. Students will come once the team gives them something to be proud to cheer for. Until then get used to seeing poor attendance at these events.
Good point. The student section looks like the crowd at a toenail fungus seminar.

When I was at UNLV in the late 70s the student section was freakin' nuts "Go Bananas Go Bananas" Banana guy passed around the stadium. Something bad happens on the field and the student section would scream "aaaaaahhhhhhhh SSSS HHHH IIII TTTT" It was Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than now. Night and day!!!!!!

'84 w/ Harvey Hyde kicked ass. Granted we had to end up forfeiting but still

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT