ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Speedy Morris

Rebel Chi-girl

Lottery Pick
Aug 29, 2003
Henderson, NV
I believe we Had a verbal commit from Morris for 2017, but he just tweeted that he has decided to "open up the recruiting process and keep my options open". I wonder where we lost this hometown hero?

Maybe he has gotten offers from some other schools, maybe he feels like he can find immediate playing time somewhere else. He may have been told by the staff they intend to bring in more running backs. Our staff may have gone cold on him. It happened with Jack Smith the QB we were recruiting this year. He opened his recruiting back up once the Stanton and Rogers recruiting began to heat up. Could be all or none of these things. Hard to say.

Lexington Thomas and Xzavier Campbell will be juniors, Charles Williams will either be a red shirt freshmen or sophomore. Its a pretty crowded backfield.

I would tend to lean more towards they have recruited over him and gave him an easy way out. If you look at photos of him, he is tiny. Fast is great, but if you are too small, you will go down the second you are touched. Looking at photos of him next to the other track runner makes him look small, and most of those guys are probably under 180.

Holy crap!!
Not another donnel pumphrey I hope. Shun the Rebs and come back squish their face in it.
That donnel pumphrey dude is a stud.

Decommitting because of the depth is the stupidest thing in college football. Every school has a deep depth chart. This isn't college basketball.

Decommitting because of the depth is the stupidest thing in college football. Every school has a deep depth chart. This isn't college basketball.

You may feel that way but it happens. Typically at QB.

Highly doubtful he starts next year with Thomas/Campbell as juniors and with Williams being either a redshirt freshmen or a sophomore. Probably wouldn't get many carries the following year either. So essentially he would have to wait 2 full seasons to see significant time.

Its not just about depth, its about the quality of the depth. Right now we have quality depth at running back. Only so many carries to go around.

Reactions: RebelinWA
If he waits too long he may have to walk on with the Rebels. He could of course get an offer from a smaller school.

When I mean tiny, I do not mean short, there are a lot of really good college RB's who are short but they tend to be a lot bigger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT