ADVERTISEMENT

If Sanchez is back next year

I would take our last 3 coaches over Sanchez. Even J-Rob at his old age today. Sanford had a couple 5 win seasons. Hell Hauck won 7 in one year and even went to a bowl game.

Nothing will change. DRF is deer in headlights. Sanchez will be here running the same lame plays.

Leach or Coach O would have been cool here. Leach made the offense do push-ups right on the sideline tonight. He wasn’t happy with the way they were playing.

You should have zero expectations for the rest of the season. Every team left to play is probably better than UNLV. They are all improving from last year, while UNLV is going backwards. Look what Fresno did to SDSU and Reno just barely lost to Air Force.

You should have zero expectations for the rest of the season. Every team left to play is probably better than UNLV. They are all improving from last year, while UNLV is going backwards. Look what Fresno did to SDSU and Reno just barely lost to Air Force.

I think they should cut Sanchez his big check and start over.

DRF is deer in headlights.

Checking the calendar - DRF just got here. Exactly how is she a deer in headlights? It sounds like you are insinuating that she is not qualified or not competent enough for the position. Exactly how do you know this? What makes you qualified to make this statement.

Usually I would let opinions stated as facts slide, but DRF has nothing to do with this situation.

Reactions: mvvsmith
I would take our last 3 coaches over Sanchez. Even J-Rob at his old age today. Sanford had a couple 5 win seasons. Hell Hauck won 7 in one year and even went to a bowl game.

Sanford had 2 5-7 seasons on his 4th and 5th seasons. Before that, he only won 2 games each 3 of his previous seasons. Hauck made it to a bowl game on season 4. Before that, he only won 2 games each 3 of his previous season.

JRob only had 1 season over .500

Sanchez won 3 in 2015, and 4 in 2016. He’s improving just like Sanford and Hauck did. Just hang in there and give him time. I know these losses suck, but Sanchez needs time to figure it out just like Sanford and Hauck. Hopefully he figures out more, a lot more, that our last 2 coaches.

Sanchez is only in season 3. He needs time.

Sanford had 2 5-7 seasons on his 4th and 5th seasons. Before that, he only won 2 games each 3 of his previous seasons. Hauck made it to a bowl game on season 4. Before that, he only won 2 games each 3 of his previous season.

JRob only had 1 season over .500

Sanchez won 3 in 2015, and 4 in 2016. He’s improving just like Sanford and Hauck did. Just hang in there and give him time. I know these losses suck, but Sanchez needs time to figure it out just like Sanford and Hauck. Hopefully he figures out more, a lot more, that our last 2 coaches.

Sanchez is only in season 3. He needs time.

Also, the difference is that Sanchez has been recruiting exponentially better than both Hauck and Sanford, at least on paper. It takes time for players to develop mentally and physically to be impact football players. You have to be especially patient in football starting from scratch.

This doesn't mean everything is hunky dorey. It is not. A move should probably be made with at least the DC position. Learning to consistently compete and win is an issue. Losing to a relatively equal isn't as a big deal. Losing to Howard, collapsing against AFA, getting blasted by UNR last year. Those are definitely issues that need to be addressed.

Either way, there are many reasons why Sanchez will be back at least through next season. We have to ride it out and see if he can continue progress and get us competitive at least in conference.

Reactions: Rebelbacker
CTS needs time. Baer and Cotton don't. Garrison is golden and a good recruiter. Samuels too.
I've wondered how it would go over with Garrison of Cotton was booted. Would Garrison say "Make me OC or I'm gone" or would he be cool with staying OL?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT