ADVERTISEMENT

I'm back with some football news and notes!!!

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
Freshmen:
1. ATH D'Angelo Irvin has turned a lot of heads. Twitchy and very fast. Great hands. Will see the field a lot this Fall. We are very lucky to have flipped him from Air Force. Our BEST freshman by far. Think LaMichael James but in the slot.

2. Darrien Jones is our best freshmen RB. Very big and strong for a freshmen back. Will surprise a lot of people. Lots of veteran backs on this team but Jones will surprise. He is powerful and very fast.

3. Cameren Jenkins is a stud. Took part in spring ball so he knows all of the defensive alignments and calls. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up starting by the end of the year. Loves to hit and is a ballhawk.

4. Bryson Waterman has steady hands. Will be a good slot.

Transfers:
1. Zavier Carter is just now getting healthy but he looks very scary. Explosive as hell and unblockable. If he stays healthy, his ceiling is Drew Sanders.

2. Jaxen Turner is still working through some things but he has stepped up post spring ball. Will be extremely good and is a leader in the back-end.

3. Jackson Woodard is the leader up front. Will probably lead us in tackles. Love go get dirty. Will end up first team All MWC.

4. Dom Gicinto has caught on quick even though he was a late transfer. Older dude and has SEC production. Will do a lot of damage YAC.

5. Tim Conerly is a speedster. Runs a 10.5 100 yard dash.

6. Landon Rogers is a stretch the field guy. Will be our deep threat. Expect him to catch a 40-50 yard bomb each game.

I hope you all enjoyed this. If there any questions lmk and I'll try my best to answer.

Haven't seen anything one way or the other... are camp practices open to the public? If so, schedule available anywhere?

I hope you’re right about this Jaxon guy. Probably my fav name wise on the team.

His dad named him after a mortal Kombat character..lol

Reactions: 220reb
Freshmen:
1. ATH D'Angelo Irvin has turned a lot of heads. Twitchy and very fast. Great hands. Will see the field a lot this Fall. We are very lucky to have flipped him from Air Force. Our BEST freshman by far. Think LaMichael James but in the slot.

2. Darrien Jones is our best freshmen RB. Very big and strong for a freshmen back. Will surprise a lot of people. Lots of veteran backs on this team but Jones will surprise. He is powerful and very fast.

3. Cameren Jenkins is a stud. Took part in spring ball so he knows all of the defensive alignments and calls. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up starting by the end of the year. Loves to hit and is a ballhawk.

4. Bryson Waterman has steady hands. Will be a good slot.

Transfers:
1. Zavier Carter is just now getting healthy but he looks very scary. Explosive as hell and unblockable. If he stays healthy, his ceiling is Drew Sanders.

2. Jaxen Turner is still working through some things but he has stepped up post spring ball. Will be extremely good and is a leader in the back-end.

3. Jackson Woodard is the leader up front. Will probably lead us in tackles. Love go get dirty. Will end up first team All MWC.

4. Dom Gicinto has caught on quick even though he was a late transfer. Older dude and has SEC production. Will do a lot of damage YAC.

5. Tim Conerly is a speedster. Runs a 10.5 100 yard dash.

6. Landon Rogers is a stretch the field guy. Will be our deep threat. Expect him to catch a 40-50 yard bomb each game.

I hope you all enjoyed this. If there any questions lmk and I'll try my best to answer.
Thanks so much for the summary. I've been real hungry for any news. Will you be able to provide updates? Any thoughts on our quarterback corps?

Haven't seen anything one way or the other... are camp practices open to the public? If so, schedule available anywhere?
Not open to the public as far as i know.
Thanks so much for the summary. I've been real hungry for any news. Will you be able to provide updates? Any thoughts on our quarterback corps?
Doug really separated himself. Freshman Bo Edmundson has impressed. He is much better than everyone thought, including the coaching staff. It is easy to tell that he came from a great hs program that ran itself like it was a college program. Bo is focused, humble, easy to talk to, and an early leader amongst the class.

On social media, it seemed like Karson Gordon would come in and automatically and surpass him on the depth chart but that will not be the case. Bo is the real deal. Maiava hasnt continued his ascent but has still improved a lot. Will be interesting to see Bo and Maiava battle. Friel is just a depth piece.

Any update on Brennan Scott? Is he back to full participant? Do you think he’ll be a major contributor this year?
Slowly working back. Should be a full go game 1. I expect him to contribute but I think it'll be Woodard and Carter that get the highlight plays.

If Scott is 100% and performs, our defense has the chance to be top 50 in the country.

It feels like he and Rosas thought they could come to a G5 school and dominate and not have to work hard.
Well that sucks. This is UNLV we can't afford slackers. Hope they can turn things around.
To be fair, they are both sophomores. Plenty of opportunity for them to still become contributors. Don’t see why at least Rosas doesn’t get playing time this year. Our O-Line is not deep.

In this day and age, it’s not normal for those types of players to stick with a program when immediate success doesn’t come. Much more common for guys to just transfer out with the first sign of adversity. Have to give them kudos for sticking with it so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcut03
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT