ADVERTISEMENT

Here is a link from the MWCBoard by UNLV2001

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
He do a nice pre game stuff for their board.

Cox 125 should get it.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

He used to post those here too.

Odom is going to make a lot of histories...not a big deal. That because UNLV football histories are not a big deal.Make history and go forward and set the standard so high that at he next guy have to be so great to just to be "good enough"

Odom is going to make a lot of histories...not a big deal. That because UNLV football histories are not a big deal.Make history and go forward and set the standard so high that at he next guy have to be so great to just to be "good enough"
When has a UNLV FB HC been poached? Was Ron Meyer to the pros? I don’t know. Not that old. But nobody that I can think of.

Similar with hoops. Kruger Sr did it based on success, elevating the program. Otz’s was a longer term plan, certainly not based on success. Everyone else was fired/resigned, including Tark.

If we get a FB coach poached because of success, I’m fine with it. It will suck, but it means we had some fun and we are in a better position and should have more money than previously - then it comes down to the hire, one in which you have better options than previously.

Reactions: dcut03
What do you think the coaches' plans are against UH? I think keeping UH offence off the field for as long as possible is ideal. Pound them with our corps of RBs and Go Go offence. The dang Hawaii offence is called the Air Raid offence. Do we really want to air it out against UH? Would be fun to watch as we did against Vanderbilt...cant wait to see what Odom, Marion and Scherer decide upon.

Andy Reid offense of the Eagles ca 2008. Run the ball and then run it some more. If you’re not running, you’re throwing the ball 3-7 yards in quasi run plays to stretch the defense and put your playmakers in space to make plays. Then 5-8 throws 20 plus yards down the field when the safeties come down to help.

That’s what I would do anyway.

Andy Reid offense of the Eagles ca 2008. Run the ball and then run it some more. If you’re not running, you’re throwing the ball 3-7 yards in quasi run plays to stretch the defense and put your playmakers in space to make plays. Then 5-8 throws 20 plus yards down the field when the safeties come down to help.

That’s what I would do anyway.
5-8 throws 20+ yards down the field is what you’d do …. So then you’d start Maiava … Doug doesn’t like passes that long.

Doug hasn't had the time to throw downfield this year.

5-8 throws 20+ yards down the field is what you’d do …. So then you’d start Maiava … Doug doesn’t like passes that long.
5-8 is probably high. 3-4 is probably more like it. Rickey White on a deep cross. He’s always open if you look more than 8 yards down the field. I don’t trust McKee enough. Too many drops, even though he made that amazing catch on Saturday to sustain a drive on 3rd and long. Still waiting for the TEs to be utilized.

What do you think the coaches' plans are against UH? I think keeping UH offence off the field for as long as possible is ideal. Pound them with our corps of RBs and Go Go offence. The dang Hawaii offence is called the Air Raid offence. Do we really want to air it out against UH? Would be fun to watch as we did against Vanderbilt...cant wait to see what Odom, Marion and Scherer decide upon.
Prevent D circa 2005 Madden..

3-2-6

3 DL 2LB 6DBs

Reactions: 1Tripoda
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT