ADVERTISEMENT

Ken Niumatalolo appears to be the new HC for San Jose St

unlv7163

UNLV Hall of Fame
Feb 26, 2004
Very intriguing hire if this comes together for them. Definitely a boom or bust type of hire. Especially since he won’t be running the same offense he did at Navy.

Link

I would have preferred him over Arroyo; but I get that Arroyo was the better name at the time.

I would have preferred him over Arroyo; but I get that Arroyo was the better name at the time.
What’s funny is I was chatting with a UW fan friend of mine about the Arroyo hire. I remember that DeBoer was on our radar early. Don’t know if he was our first choice, but didn’t matter once Tedford retired. Still funny to think that he could have potentially been here.

I think Niumatalolo is a great hire for them. He had some good teams at Navy and from what I’ve heard is just a really good guy. I was hoping they would botch the hire so SJST would stop being a thorn in our side.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I recall his name being floated for the job here, potentially, and we hired Odom. Don’t recall if it was in the mix when we got Arroyo? Maybe I’m getting th me timeframe wrong.

His offense was different. I would have taken him here to see what he could do. I’m ecstatic we have Odom, but I think KN could have been a good hire here.

Good hire for SJSU, good coach. Sounds like he wants to get an OC to run a more traditional offense. Not sure how that will work out.

Hard to extrapolate how coaches will fair from the Academies. Things are so different there, at least offensively.
But recruiting, offense, scheduling, so different.
But it is tough to win there and he did a good job.

Good hire for SJSU, good coach. Sounds like he wants to get an OC to run a more traditional offense. Not sure how that will work out.
There is a 0.00% chance he runs the triple option. He wasn’t a triple option guy until he got the Navy job….where’s he been for 25+ years. He was a QB at Hawaii so he’s more than equipped to run a pass heavy offense, with a power run game

There is a 0.00% chance he runs the triple option. He wasn’t a triple option guy until he got the Navy job….where’s he been for 25+ years. He was a QB at Hawaii so he’s more than equipped to run a pass heavy offense, with a power run game
OK buddy. And he was at Navy 15 years.

I thought you guys were in agreement…how’d this go off the rails.

I thought you guys were in agreement…how’d this go off the rails.

We have threads like...

5* LB COMMITS TO UNLV!

Which contain posts like.

Great get!

We need a kicker!

Kickers are basically communists.

Are hotdogs sandwiches?

You idiot no!

Well according to Wikipedia they are!

And you're surprised a thread went off the rails?

😁

• Haha
Reactions: rebswin2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT