ADVERTISEMENT

Cuse Nation is Excited

Drinking Yuengling is a joy compared to Natty or The Beast.

However my least favorite beer of all time is Foster's. I think that was a joke played on us by Australia.
Jordan Mailava broke the truth to the Kelce brothers that Foster’s is not Australian and has nothing to do with Australia apart from the commercials

• Haha
Reactions: Couev
I will say this about Paris, the best steak I have ever had was here: https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016...est-restaurant-paris-napoleon-voltaire-dined/

Also, had "Onion soup," not "French onion soup," and it was excellent! (not a big French onion soup guy but had to try it since it was local).

Not everything is bad about France, especially the kicking sports!

France itself is beautiful.

Unfortunately it's inhabited by the French. Whom you clearly adore.

Not only are you an idiot but an effete wine sipping cheese eating communist. Who watches soccer...For fun!

Yuengling is awful. But not as bad as that Genuine Draft pisswater you drank. I'm not even sure that's beer.
I loved MGD back in the day, then switched to Miller Lite to help be able to drink in volume. Hard to drink 24 MGD's in a night. Of course had to start with a 12 pack of Keystone lite that we'd look under the couch for change to get the $2.22 required to buy one at Terribles on Paradise/Flamingo.

Today, the hoppier the IPA the better. I have a brewery in the retail space on the ground floor of my building.

And Ill go to my grave saying Yuengling in the worst beer or at least tied for the worst with the likes of Natty Lite, Olympia and BEER from Ralphs. My company is based in Delaware so I see people drinking Yuengling at the bar, I get it its from the area but Im like Bro grab a Dogfishhead 60 if you want something good from the region.

I loved MGD back in the day, then switched to Miller Lite to help be able to drink in volume. Hard to drink 24 MGD's in a night. Of course had to start with a 12 pack of Keystone lite that we'd look under the couch for change to get the $2.22 required to buy one at Terribles on Paradise/Flamingo.

Today, the hoppier the IPA the better. I have a brewery in the retail space on the ground floor of my building.

And Ill go to my grave saying Yuengling in the worst beer or at least tied for the worst with the likes of Natty Lite, Olympia and BEER from Ralphs. My company is based in Delaware so I see people drinking Yuengling at the bar, I get it its from the area but Im like Bro grab a Dogfishhead 60 if you want something good from the region.

Man well read in the works of Carl Marx chimes in..

Reactions: dcut03

I never liked Miller beers. My light beer of choice back in the day was Bud Light, then Coors Light.
Since you like beer, I'm surprised of you high distaste for Yuengling. At least it tastes like beer. Bud Light tastes like beer flavored La Croix, Miller Lite tastes like Beer flavored La Croix that went bad. (speaking of the French).

I was super big on hoppy IPAs, but got burnt out. Also that seemed to be the only craft beer anyone carried which got annoying. I still drink them but somewhat sparingly.

I can walk to 2 different breweries from my house and am less than a 10 min drive from about 5 more. Gotta love Houston's weird ass zoning laws, or lack thereof. One is literally at the end if my block.

I can walk to 2 different breweries from my house and am less than a 10 min drive from about 5 more. Gotta love Houston's weird ass zoning laws, or lack thereof. One is literally at the end if my block.
I live in a great beer city and neighborhood (Little Italy). In addition to the brewery in my building we have about 8 within a 0- 5 minute walk and about 15 more within a 10- 20 minute walk, so definitely no shortage, but the one downstairs for sure sees me the most. Most are tap rooms of their breweries not where they brew.

Reactions: dcut03 and reagan21
I live in a great beer city and neighborhood (Little Italy). In addition to the brewery in my building we have about 8 within a 0- 5 minute walk and about 15 more within a 10- 20 minute walk, so definitely no shortage, but the one downstairs for sure sees me the most. Most are tap rooms of their breweries not where they brew.
Little Italy in NYC? That place is shrinking by the hour I think I could stand on a corner and watch the Italian shops slowly get replaced by nasty Chinese grocers or butchers. La Mela still there?

Little Italy in NYC? That place is shrinking by the hour I think I could stand on a corner and watch the Italian shops slowly get replaced by nasty Chinese grocers or butchers. La Mela still there?
Chinatown in Boston is shrinking by the Vietnamese shops invasion.

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
I've tried to like IPAs. I really have, but my palate can't really accept anything hoppier than a traditional pale ale. These days I'm a porter or a sour guy, and occasionally dip into stouts, bocks, Belgian dubbel, good heiffies, Scottish ales, or really solid pilsners (no macros).

Indiana has some pretty solid breweries, but I think that can be said of a lot of places these days.

Think “whale’s vagina.”
In terms of what they serve at the Chinese butchers? That would be the most palatable thing. Love the dead ostriches they have hanging whole in the windows like yeah that looks delicious get me some of that. I guess as long as it isn't crawling with insects it is considered edible.

Portland, OR have some of the best beers I have tastes around the world. The McMinnamins' Heiffenweisen was irreplaceable. The pour looks like cold, golden lava in your glass. When it rain and wet outside, it tastes like a sunset and smells of honey and citrus.
I love Heiffenweisen. The best beer I ever had was in Bruge, Belgium. They had a brewery that made Belgian White that was out of this world. And they served it in a glass the size of a vat. I was at the Lowenbrau restaurant in Germany last Christmas....meh.

I've tried to like IPAs. I really have, but my palate can't really accept anything hoppier than a traditional pale ale. These days I'm a porter or a sour guy, and occasionally dip into stouts, bocks, Belgian dubbel, good heiffies, Scottish ales, or really solid pilsners (no macros).

Indiana has some pretty solid breweries, but I think that can be said of a lot of places these days.
I just don't understand sours. I'm not against fruit flavors in beers, as long as it is subtle. But sours? I just don't get them. A lot of my Gen Z co workers love them.

But I like all kinds of beers, and I like to try some of the weird ones when I go to breweries. It just sucks that these days it is 80% IPAs and 10% sours.

I switched to IPAs mainly bc I can't handle volumes of beer anymore. I'd rather drink 2-3 high IPA APVs. The hoppier the better also. The Dogfish 60-90s are solid. I blame Gordon Biersch for my conversion in the late 90s.

Reactions: butta1231
I just don't understand sours. I'm not against fruit flavors in beers, as long as it is subtle. But sours? I just don't get them. A lot of my Gen Z co workers love them.

But I like all kinds of beers, and I like to try some of the weird ones when I go to breweries. It just sucks that these days it is 80% IPAs and 10% sours.
Yeah not a fan of those either. Also never understood Bitters in the UK. Then again they drink room temperature beer so what do you expect. I ask for ice when I get beer there.

There are some that are way too fruity for me as well. Like lambics are just hard sodas. There's something about the the tartness that just appeals to me--I assume it's what guys who like IPAs feel about getting mouth raped by hops, they're probably laughing at me for liking yogurt with my beer. That salivary dump and the tightening of the mouth. It just hits the right notes for my brain. There's some really good american wild and berliner weisse that don't overfruit the taste. But you sort of have to experiment, which I totally understand not wanting to do if you've tried 4-5 and haven't liked any of them. At this point I've probably tried 30 different IPAs and I've yet to find one that makes me want to finish even a flight sample.

I could give you a couple to try, but honestly if you don't get it, you might just get mad at me.

There are some that are way too fruity for me as well. Like lambics are just hard sodas. There's something about the the tartness that just appeals to me--I assume it's what guys who like IPAs feel about getting mouth raped by hops, they're probably laughing at me for liking yogurt with my beer. That salivary dump and the tightening of the mouth. It just hits the right notes for my brain. There's some really good american wild and berliner weisse that don't overfruit the taste. But you sort of have to experiment, which I totally understand not wanting to do if you've tried 4-5 and haven't liked any of them. At this point I've probably tried 30 different IPAs and I've yet to find one that makes me want to finish even a flight sample.

I could give you a couple to try, but honestly if you don't get it, you might just get mad at me.
Have you tried grapefruit IPA's? The sour fruit counters the floral hoppiness well. It is still there, but cuts it some.

I'm open to suggestions for sure

IPAs are the worst.

I've tried. I don't get the allure at all.

Not refreshing on a hot day by the grill.

Not a great pairing with anything I can think of at a nice dinner.

Really popular among guys that wear beanies, flannels live in Oregon and pretend to like jazz music and say pretentious stuff like this to explain jazz.

'It ain't about the notes they playin', it's about the notes they ain't playin'..

Have you tried grapefruit IPA's? The sour fruit counters the floral hoppiness well. It is still there, but cuts it some.

Beers are best drink locally. The only IPA that is decent anywhere is Sierra Nevada...just barely drinkable. Dead Man's Ale was great at Seaside, Oregon but when I tried it in Florida is not good.

Beers are best drink locally. The only IPA that is decent anywhere is Sierra Nevada...just barely drinkable. Dead Man's Ale was great at Seaside, Oregon but when I tried it in Florida is not good.
It definitely helps to drink it on the site that it was made.

Sierra Nevada and McMennimans that you mentioned earlier were early pioneers but have been lapped 100 times since their peaks.

A hazey Grapefruit IPA i think was the closest I came to liking an IPA, but the hop on the finish made me forget the pretty good first part.

My favorite ones are some local ones here in indie. Dogfish Head (a more national craft brewery) makes SeaQuench Ale, which is lime centric but still has a little malt on the finish. But if you can find the Taxman Brewery Mexican Spin Off is a better version of that.

But, there's a reason you don't see as many sours as IPAs or even Lagers. I don't think it's for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT