ADVERTISEMENT

Coach or covid talk

We are in the “soft” coercion phase. The number of mandates will slowly ramp up putting pressure on people. Some people will resist regardless of the mandates. On the other hand, it appears that mandates do encourage some people to get the jab.

Have we achieved 'hard coercion' yet?

I have multiple more instances of the President and the first lady not wearing masks, where masks are mandated.

Or is it to harsh?

Maybe masks help, maybe they don't.

But the number of prominent 'wear your mask or else' politicians caught not wearing masks, makes it look like nothing but theater at this point.

Omicron is so scary that President Biden's administration stayed their mandatory vaccine directive for federal employees until 'after the holidays'.

Is that soft mandating? What scientific sense does that make?

Reactions: bcvegaspt

I have multiple more instances of the President and the first lady not wearing masks, where masks are mandated.

Or is it to harsh?

But the number of prominent 'wear your mask or else' politicians caught not wearing masks, makes it look like nothing but theater at this point.

Omicron is so scary that President Biden's administration stayed their mandatory vaccine directive for federal employees until 'after the holidays'.

They … just …. cant ….admit it.

I get pissed because I know when I see bullshit and lies and it keeps coming in waves.

If/when people who haven’t seen the same yet finally see it, how pissed are they going to be knowing the unnecessary sacrifices of the past two years? Most of it will be out of my system because I recognize it as it unfolds so you deal with it. Thinking that much of the last two years hasn’t been incredibly damaging lies and deceit and then having it thrust upon you that it was complete bullshit? People are going to get pissed. Of course, they’ll blame the wrong people …. You can already see that sort of thing. The backpedaling and misplaced blame. Seeing it daily now …

They … just …. cant ….admit it.

I get pissed because I know when I see bullshit and lies and it keeps coming in waves.

If/when people who haven’t seen the same yet finally see it, how pissed are they going to be knowing the unnecessary sacrifices of the past two years? Most of it will be out of my system because I recognize it as it unfolds so you deal with it. Thinking that much of the last two years hasn’t been incredibly damaging lies and deceit and then having it thrust upon you that it was complete bullshit? People are going to get pissed. Of course, they’ll blame the wrong people …. You can already see that sort of thing. The backpedaling and misplaced blame. Seeing it daily now …

I don't know..I just saw the term soft coercion and found it...Silly..

There is a certain amount of 'yeah but it's ok because'....Going around these days.

If an action, deed, word or whatever was problematic a week, month or year ago, it should still be problematic now, regardless if the person doing or saying it is somebody you align with ideologically or politically.

I do not like hyperbole either. There was a lot of 'Blood on Trump's hands' type commentary in regards to Covid. And I will agree he was far to cavalier about it early on. Late night hosts, CNN, MSNBC folks attributing a body count from Covid. Again, that's fine. But when do Covid deaths begin getting attributed to to President Biden?

Every President should be kept in check by the press. With same amount of fervor. Currently there seems to be some waffling on how President Biden is being covered.

Look at how inflation has been covered and some of the talking points.

No joke, it's gone from it's nothing to worry about, it's actually a good thing, it's a rich persons problem, people need to consume less, and now we are seeing 'Well it's actually Trump's fault'...

At some point it falls to the guy who is currently in charge.. Can't continually run cover and make excuses..

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Blaming the past regime is politics. I won’t mention any in particular, but this isn’t the first time this card has been played.

I hope that the truth comes out ASAP. I’m tired of the bull that is being fed. Science all of a sudden changed after decades of studies that found some absolutes (as absolute as can occur in medicine).

Stop it.

Let’s bring back mumps?

CDC finds that a majority of the cases are among the vaccinated.

My take on all of this is to mess with those of us 40 or greater. I’m fine with it. I’ve lived a good life and am at peace should my end come sooner than later.

Don’t mess with kids. Play games with my age range and older but don’t “test” this out on kids who haven’t experienced life yet.

Let’s bring back mumps?

CDC finds that a majority of the cases are among the vaccinated.

My take on all of this is to mess with those of us 40 or greater. I’m fine with it. I’ve lived a good life and am at peace should my end come sooner than later.

Don’t mess with kids. Play games with my age range and older but don’t “test” this out on kids who haven’t experienced life yet.
Being seen with Shingles, as well. And cancers all of a sudden with fast growth.

There’s a period of immunosuppression after the jab. It bounces back in a couple of weeks but you are kind of aids-like for a brief period. And this is when this stuff is taking hold. Also, a ton of positive covids immediately after the jab (more susceptible). Of course; these are considered “unvaccinated” infections. It’s a great way to double skew numbers. Helps vax efficacy (so does recovered getting the vax) and at the same time, lends to the illusion of “pandemic of the vaccinated”.

An honest to god study of true efficacy would be bad for the vax, it would put it back on the shelf and it would be back to the drawing board, yet another couple years added onto the several decades of inability to come close to getting a vax for the corona family.

This crap is easy predict when you know what their end game is.

I will say this, Mask do work, I know, a friend and her daughter who live downstairs in my basement both got COVID, isolated and wore a mask as I did, I did not get COVID........6 feet and mask, up to you to get vaccinated that simple. Both Right and Left suck period. can easily say to the contrary and it's true. I wore a mask to work and yet my coworker who had Covid (and they were wearing a mask) gave it to me

That's a brilliant anicdotial reason to come to a conclusion. In your experience they work. So wear them. In my experience, they don't work. Delta spread like wildfire at my work.. we all wear masks at work, so believe what you will.

That's a brilliant anicdotial reason to come to a conclusion. In your experience they work. So wear them. In my experience, they don't work. Delta spread like wildfire at my work.. we all wear masks at work, so believe what you will.

What's funny is both sides do it to some degree.

For every 'My buddies 90 year old chain smoking grandpa with stage 4 cancer beat Covid'

there's a..

'My cousins best friend was a totally healthy 29 year old triathlete who died from it!'

Anecdotes are pretty pointless..They typically just highlight outliers, which are just that, outliers and statistical anomalies.

The data for who is most impacted and is at the greatest risk is clear. Elderly, obese, preexisting conditions and comorbidities.

It's also been some of the least reported on data by major news outlets and unfortunately the CDC itself.

Instead, people have been inundated with the idea that it is equally dangerous across the spectrum, which it is not..

People can debate the how we should approach Covid. Where there is no debate is who is most at risk..

Also and somebody correct me if I'm wrong..I'll delete this next portion if it isn't true...

Early on in the pandemic I believe we were told masks were to protect those around you, but offered little protection to the wearer. Now its flipped and masks are providing protection to the wearer?

Seems like that one would be pretty easy to figure out, and the science wouldn't change.

My biggest gripe is the countless instances of politicians not wearing them in public settings while mandating the use of them for us plebs.

I believe, since there is reliable source for information, we all end up depending on anecdotal info.

As a 911 EMS worker for the last 20 year spending the entire Covid spread caring for people in the back of an ambulance, properly fitted surgical & KN95 mask hav been the only barrier from the virus. They haven't failed me & I feel confident that a properly fitted surgical mask will prevent viral exposure.
The problem with the TV experts is that they have never told people that the primary route of exposure is the nasal passages & most people wear their mask below the nose.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
As a 911 EMS worker for the last 20 year spending the entire Covid spread caring for people in the back of an ambulance, properly fitted surgical & KN95 mask hav been the only barrier from the virus. They haven't failed me & I feel confident that a properly fitted surgical mask will prevent viral exposure.
The problem with the TV experts is that they have never told people that the primary route of exposure is the nasal passages & most people wear their mask below the nose.
The only thing that has any shot is a properly fitted and properly worn N-95 and even that isn’t going to be 100 percent.

as you well know, it has to be fitted. Most people that buy one, they aren’t fitted. And most people don’t wear masks properly regardless so it ends up an exercise in futility for most people and for those that wear cloth, it don’t do dick, you’ve been played.

I wear surgical in the hospital most times, I certainly don’t wear it correctly most times when I do wear it. Most of my coworkers, specifically the ones that have nonstop patient contact wear their surgical masks religiously along with the expected other hygiene. That hasn’t stopped at least half of them from getting it with surgical.

But hospitals are the worst place to be if you are looking to avoid covid. And just about anything else that is contagious. Until entire hospitals are negative pressure, nosocomial is going to be high and that includes covid.

N95
Properly fitted.

Which probably accounts for about 5-10% of masks being worn.

Hence why I think they are pointless. Not the masks per say..Getting an entire population to wear them correctly is the issue. Along with masks that would actually be effective.

My wife, who was a NICU nurse and later the Chief Admin of Nursing for CCSD noted it a month or so into the pandemic..We were grocery shopping and she started pointing out all the things that reduced the potential efficacy of masks. 'Worn too low, not fitted, has a thick beard, guy keeps fidgeting with it, that cloth isn't stopping anything, dirty, need to be changed regularly etc'.

The problem with the TV experts is they haven't been honest about a lot of things.

Simple over the counter stuff like Vitamin D helps.

One of the biggest issues we had in treatment was..

Covid positive test. Directed to go home and come back if your symptoms get progressively worse. Ridiculous.

If the government can afford to fast track vaccines, and essentially put Pfizer on a retainer..They sure as shit could have created Covid blister packs to be sent home for early preventive/care. Simple blister pack with a regiment of vitamin d, aspirin (no joke, simple aspirin has shown positive impact on Covid) even a mild dose of steroids. There are a number of over the counter products that can help mitigate symptoms. Instead, we sent people home with nothing in a lot of cases. And by the time they felt bad enough to go back to the hospital they were extremely sick. Many of these hospitalizations and resulting deaths could have been avoided.

We've done an absolutely awful job in conveying the links of age and obesity to Covid related deaths.

One we can't fix, the other absolutely can be addressed. Not just in regards to Covid, but for people's general long term health. Yet its rarely mentioned. Why? I don't know.

Instead a narrative has developed that Covid is equally dangerous across the board. It isn't. Not even close. And that is as big a lie as any anti-vaccine government trying to control you with nano robot conspiracy nonsense that's also floating around out there.

Take care, be safe..

Last edited:

This is positive. Could change, but for now definitely positive.

So next time you watch the news and the Omicron variant is discussed, take all talk about cases with a grain of salt.

If people aren't being hospitalized, confirmed cases don't really matter.

Here's another.

Again, early into this variant. Things can change.

But cases don't matter, if symptoms are mild.

Don't let it be the metric you live your life by..

Or is it to harsh?

Those entering US except if you walk across the southern border

Who’s an anti-vaxxer?

Lol. Even though I’m all caught up, I guess I’m antivaxxer too. Because I don’t believe in force.

So if we are going to redefine things, since Americans believe in freedoms, that’s how our country has always been identified …

Does that mean if you are for mandates, you’re anti-American? Doesn’t it slice both ways?

It’s all stupid man, the whole thing. Everything is designed as a societal wedge. Don’t fall for it. Live your lives in peace.

Why do I feel like the last few years is a repeat of the late 30's in Europe being recreated again by telling us what is best for us as a society?

Why do I feel like the last few years is a repeat of the late 30's in Europe being recreated again by telling us what is best for us as a society?
Because you paid attention to your history books.

Other parts of the world are far worse than us with it, but for some reason, we seem fond with traveling along the same road.

Mr Magoos don’t see it just yet.

The country wide documentation from Israel showed that the rate of transmission causing infection from those with the vaccine was statistically the same as for those who are unvaccinated. The best protection is to get sick and recover! They are pushing more and more to put the crap into young children, who most likely have a higher risk of being killed by a drunk driver than from the Chinese virus!

The country wide documentation from Israel showed that the rate of transmission causing infection from those with the vaccine was statistically the same as for those who are unvaccinated. The best protection is to get sick and recover!

I wouldn't advise throwing Covid parties. But the complete dismissing of natural immunity has been odd..

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The country wide documentation from Israel showed that the rate of transmission causing infection from those with the vaccine was statistically the same as for those who are unvaccinated. The best protection is to get sick and recover!
You can do a lot of reading on known issues with widespread vaccination in the midst of a pandemic and the issues it can cause.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT