ADVERTISEMENT

Coach’s Poll

I see Barry Odom on the list of voters... is he allowed to vote for his own school or does he need to leave us off his ballot?

I see Barry Odom on the list of voters... is he allowed to vote for his own school or does he need to leave us off his ballot?
Not only can they vote for their own school they can and do vote for their opponents. So if you beat someone and vote them higher than they should be I’d could help their ranking making your win (or loss) look better.

Coaches poll doesn’t carry much weight as mentioned usually a staffer is casting the vote and outside of their own opponents they don’t see as many games as an AP voter would, Now obviously neither poll means anything only the Playoff ranking.

Not only can they vote for their own school they can and do vote for their opponents. So if you beat someone and vote them higher than they should be I’d could help their ranking making your win (or loss) look better.

Coaches poll doesn’t carry much weight as mentioned usually a staffer is casting the vote and outside of their own opponents they don’t see as many games as an AP voter would, Now obviously neither poll means anything only the Playoff ranking.
Sometimes it’s someone beyond the program itself, like an SID. I don’t know how UNLV does it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT