ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING NEWS! ---- UNLV has plan in place to hire Rick Pitino

I don't know how you explain the stadium news then.

These kinds of situations are very fluid so there is almost no way anybody could be exactly right about the coaching search.

When you call the stadium and NHL news weeks before anybody else you deserve the benefit of the doubt at the very least.

I think people are so afraid of getting trolled they overcompensate with their skepticism sometimes.

He said Vegas would have a relocated team not a new franchise as rumored now.

As for Vitale, didn't he say Pitino was coming to UNLV in 2001 so let's hope he goes 0 for 2.

How can you say that for sure though. There are so many people involved and different narratives coming out that it could be true at least from the perspective of some.
Not saying he was lying. It may be what he was told. At the time he posted it, I am absolutely positive it was far from "down to four".

And someone can come back and say that I'm wrong, I get that. If they want to think that, I've got no problem with that. But having run this site for, what, 18 years now and with the number of contacts I've developed over the years, I'm confident, very confident, with what I know and don't know.

Reactions: RebelinWA
I disagreed with the 4 names too, from what I heard the list is much bigger than that, with some surprising names on it...

As for the NHL news, the same source saying Vegas gets an expansion team, claims Quebec City will not. This has ignited a wave of angry Canadians eh. The league has denied either has been finalized.

I was having dinner with some friends, and I called the rest of them up, and we all decided that McCaw was worthy of at least second team all conference.

This may not happen, but it might, but I'll let you all know if it changes.

Reactions: tarkaniancourt...nm
I would like to add that the "announcement" also stated that LV would be getting not an expansion team, but a relocated team, which IMO nullified the credibility of that post. Clearly, when faced with the choice of receiving a $500 million expansion fee or a paltry relocation fee, the NHL owners would choose the latter. I've heard or read nothing regarding the Carolina Hurricanes' potential move.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I would like to add that the "announcement" also stated that LV would be getting not an expansion team, but a relocated team, which IMO nullified the credibility of that post. Clearly, when faced with the choice of receiving a $500 million expansion fee or a paltry relocation fee, the NHL owners would choose the latter. I've heard or read nothing regarding the Carolina Hurricanes' potential move.
I would actually prefer an expansion team. You start with an established foundation and build from there as opposed to building from scratch with rejects and unsigned players. I don't care what team Vegas ends up with, as long as my Chicago Blackhawks come here to play.

Las Vegas is getting a NHL franchise. its 100% done. The team has gone so far as hiring hockey operations staff and i know 2 individuals who are involved in a local hockey project now effective 2 weeks ago.

The only discussion is if its going to happen for next year or the year after. *next being 17-18.
Las Vegas group wanted to be playing next year and thats probably what will happen. They need action or the group will be furious as they are holding up their investment and have plans that need to be happening to assist the team and the arena.

Reactions: manic water
Las Vegas is getting a NHL franchise. its 100% done. The team has gone so far as hiring hockey operations staff and i know 2 individuals who are involved in a local hockey project now effective 2 weeks ago.

The only discussion is if its going to happen for next year or the year after. *next being 17-18.
Las Vegas group wanted to be playing next year and thats probably what will happen. They need action or the group will be furious as they are holding up their investment and have plans that need to be happening to assist the team and the arena.

Expansion or relocation?

Yeah, we are aware- Las Vegas Black Knights. They have a sweet logo*, too.
maxresdefault.jpg

*this is conceptual

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
The cat's already out of the bag, the Canadians are trippin that Quebec City didn't get an invite while Vegas did, but the Canadian dollar is in the toilet so are Canadian teams in the league already, not one of them is on track to make the play offs.

Looks like you were right about the NHL so what's the latest on the coaching search, Westgate?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT