ADVERTISEMENT

Its been very slow since Evans committed but here are some news/notes

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
Things have slowed down dramatically since James Evans committed. We have lost traction on a lot of recruits that we were once good with.

Some notes:
1. Pharaoh Compton will take his all of his visits. I dont think that he will leave the west coast. SDSU is a very serious contender and is the only school I can see stealing him away from us. This would be a massive robbery. Not sure what SDSU is offering him in terms of NIL, but I was told by someone that is privy to their NIL that they dont really offer much and its would be way less than what DTJ was offered. I know the NIL offer we have on the table (obviously cant disclose that) and I think that should be enough to keep him home, but I've been told that he really likes SDSU and Taj is in his ear. Months ago, Compton was a lock. Things have changed dramatically.

2. PF Brody Kozlowski left us off his final list. Kind of surprised with this one because of our Utah connections, but we werent on him as hard this spring because Compton was in the bag. Now its biting us in the behind. Staff went to his game when his AAU team was in Vegas. That wasnt enough.

3. C Emmanuel Stephen was really considering Kansas but they got their 5-Star C so Stephen wont be going there. Will visit Arizona in September and they are probably the favorites to land him. I dont see us having a chance here at this point unless Arizona takes someone else at his position.

4. We have shown high interest in a JUCO player. I cant disclose his name yet, but he would come in and provide good experience and strong numbers.

5. I think we are playing the waiting game right now with our big men situation. Last I heard, we were picking up our interactions with Doryan Onwuchekwa. Staff went to South Carolina to see him play in his last AAU tournament. He is good friends with DTJ. Not sure who the staff prefers in regards to him or Stephen.

6. Christian Nitu is someone we recently offered and is a wing out of Canada. Someone that we should keep an eye on. I heard that the staff really likes him. I really like his game and hes gotten a lot better in the past year.

Appreciate the update lobby. Hearing rumors that one of the recruits may not qualify. Any truth to that?

Reactions: RebelSoldat
Appreciate the update lobby. Hearing rumors that one of the recruits may not qualify. Any truth to that?
If I am thinking about the same person that you are thinking of, yes. It is very true and his recruitment is a bunch of smoke.

But DM me on Twitter so we can discuss.

Reactions: unlove
Anybody been to a practice? How about some insight there?

200.gif

Lots going on behind the scenes with Compton right now. Cant say too much more about that without getting in trouble lol. I'll divulge the details if he signs with us if I'm allowed to.

However, I dont think he goes to the highest bidder because SDSU is nowhere close to the highest bidder and they are the team to beat right now. Highly unlikely he signs with LSU, Iowa, and Tennessee imo.

I like Jacob Cofie better than Compton. A 6’10” pf from Seattle Rotary. He just got back from a visit to Virginia. Oregon, USC, UConn and more have offered. Let’s see if Jamal Williams can land another Seattle Rotary player.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I like Jacob Cofie better than Compton. A 6’10” pf from Seattle Rotary. He just got back from a visit to Virginia. Oregon, USC, UConn and more have offered. Let’s see if Jamal Williams can land another Seattle Rotary player.

I am with you on this. Cofie has a much better all around game. Bad news is that there is minimal to no contact right now. I believe that UDub, Oregon, USC, and UVa are his main group right now. Will visit UVa in September and Ohio State + Florida are fighting for a visit too.

Hoping he puts off a commitment for as long as possible so we can have a good season and Shane and Brooklyn can talk to him too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT