ADVERTISEMENT

Addazio reportedly heading to CSU...

Wouldn't be upset at all with the state of UNLV's football program and his record.

Not saying upset. Saying excited by it.

'We need a splash hire! We need a big name!' Was a pretty common mantra around here.

CSU could be argued is a top two or three job in conference considering facilities.

And that's who they landed on. I'm not sure he would be considered a splash. Or is all that exciting.

Not saying he's a bad coach, but there's a lot of 7-5 6-6 5-7 on his resume.

I wouldn't hate it, not sure I would like it anymore than landing Arroyo though..

He's oatmeal. Gets the job done, but you're not waking up in the morning thinking 'F Yeah! Oatmeal!'

Reactions: LuvMeSomeRebs
Since Lubbock retired they’ve been going with assistants. This time they decided to prioritize previous FBS HC experience. Something I thought UNLV should consider too.

I wouldn’t love it because he’s an east coast guy but he took Boston College to a bowl in 7 of his 8 seasons there. BC isn’t an easy place win so I don’t think he’s terrible but it’s a pretty blah hire for a school that’s willing to pay top dollar for a coach.

Haven't seen that its finalized but, would anybody have been happy if this was our hire?
CSU got a steal. He's well known...in fact I just saw that he was in the news the last couple weeks. I didn't get to read what the hubbub was all about but it was something about his players, so it had to be good news, right?

CSU got a steal. He's well known...in fact I just saw that he was in the news the last couple weeks. I didn't get to read what the hubbub was all about but it was something about his players, so it had to be good news, right?

Not really..

I think CSU fans might hate the Addazio hire more than UNLV fans hate the Arroyo hire. If you have the twitter, check out the comments. Even BC fans chiming in bashing him.

Reactions: RebelMan5000
You know I’m not a Twitter dweeb. Is the fan reaction to Arroyo that poor? Doesn’t seem that poor here.
It’s a pretty mixed bag. Good old Grayback is heading the “underwhelming train.” I get it. It’s not the hire I wanted but, again, we could do much worse.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
You know I’m not a Twitter dweeb. Is the fan reaction to Arroyo that poor? Doesn’t seem that poor here.

Mixed.

Similiar to here.

Equal mix of mostly postitve, wait and see and WORST HIRE EVER!

The CSU reaction is brutal. BC fans are sending them condolences....Some of it is actually pretty funny.

My favorite is BC fans keep sending this to CSU fans and telling them to enjoy!

I defy you to watch this and not cringe just a little..

Last edited:
My favorite is BC fans keep sending this to CSU fans and telling them to enjoy!

I defy you to watch this and not cringe just a little..

This just reminded me of 2015 or 16 signing day. Schools tend to put out a tweet with a hashtag to announce signees.

bc used #dudes ... it ended up in an excessive amount of questionable images. They changed it to #bcdudes if memory serves

79901605_10157787115729803_5251184353626554368_o.jpg

Josh Keyes
@Josh__Keyes

THE FULL STORY. WHY I WAS BANNED BY STEVE ADDAZIO

12:05 AM · Dec 2, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

Incredibly petty and controlling but not at all surprising. A lot of people are like that. I mean, it could be something as simple as criticizing a very obviously weak schedule - that can draw ire and cause people to try and force you to do a 180 on it and sell it as a good or challenging schedule. You might be surprised. I guess some people sell out what they actually believe to be true, though. I couldn’t do that, lie to everyone so they don’t look as bad? Use your paid mouthpieces for that, I don’t play that game.

Sorry, tangent.

Reactions: RebelinWA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT