ADVERTISEMENT

Guilty pleasure?

My 8th grade band teacher was Mr. Coomer Brinley Jr. High School. He was gay but he drove an IROQ.

Friday at Slater’s Burget on West Lake Mead has 20 percent off burgers and the portion goes to CMHS today only

Actually Mr. Cooner wasn’t gay. We all thought he was though. I only had him for 7th grade before they opened Swainston and I went there for 8th.

I did witness him throw a music stand across the entire room and through that glass window of his office. He had that secretary who was always back there.

Actually Mr. Cooner wasn’t gay. We all thought he was though. I only had him for 7th grade before they opened Swainston and I went there for 8th.

I did witness him throw a music stand across the entire room and through that glass window of his office. He had that secretary who was always back there.
That’s good to know. The black secretary? She was cool. I played Clarinet from 6th Grade Mabel Hoggard all the way to senior at CMHS.

He had an IROQ that was always parked in the shade.

Mr. Coomer was awesome. I would say he was very influential as a teacher. It was a great time..1988- to 1990..

I’d rather go back to Junior High than High School.

I had a crush on this Mexican girl named Leticia Garcia. She was a year older than me. She was gorgeous..only problem, she was cross eyed.o_O

Went over and got a Whaley burger at lunch time today: two hand-formed beef patties, thinly sliced ham, thick cut bacon, lettuce, onion, tomato, grilled onions, jalapenos, with cheddar cheese and aioli on a ciabatta bun, served with fries or chips. It's a massive burger, and oh so delicious! The owner was there and I asked for a little history. He confirmed it was named after Rob, a friend of his since junior high days. I said no wonder he's struggled with his weight if this is how he likes to eat! He just smiled.

Last edited:
Went over and got a Whaley burger at lunch time today: two hand-formed beef patties, thinly sliced ham, thick cut bacon, lettuce, onion, tomato, grilled onions, jalapenos, with cheddar cheese and aioli on a ciabatta bun, served with fries or chips. It's a massive burger, and oh so delicious! The owner was there and I asked for a little history. He confirmed it was named after Rob, a friend of his since junior high days. I said no wonder he's struggled with his weight if this is how he likes to eat! He just smiled.
One burger like that sounds like a follow up month of dieting would be required after!

Reactions: rebneck
One burger like that sounds like a follow up month of dieting would be required after!
Sided note MonsterJam and i went to Applebees BEFORE a UNLV game and got the hamburgers they were hella solid. Also budget friendly. 2 4 25.? Something like that. 2 Hamburgers and Fries and a 1 appetizer. Shakeshack (better) also real good.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub

Had an art teacher in 6th grade, probably the first time any of us kids were really exposed to a gay guy, Mr Lucero. Of course, this was back in the late 70’s … there was no exposure, not on tv, not in age appropriate movies, you knew it existed but rarely saw it … and kids were rude as hell back then, being gay certainly wasn’t “ok” back then … he was ridiculed pretty heavily. My memory isn’t super clear from something that happened around 45 years ago, but I recall him looking like Freddie Mercury. He was a nice enough guy and you could tell he struggled with the whispers and such. But almost the entire sixth grade staff seemed to epitomize the disco scene with the hairdos and clothing. It’s funny, because I don’t have that recollection in grade school or middle school (6th grade was a standalone center back then) or high school. But it seemed like the entire sixth grade staff were in their 20’s or 30’s whereas the other grades was more peppered with all ages …

Sided note MonsterJam and i went to Applebees BEFORE a UNLV game and got the hamburgers they were hella solid. Also budget friendly. 2 4 25.? Something like that. 2 Hamburgers and Fries and a 1 appetizer. Shakeshack (better) also real good.
I like 5 Guys but holy crap their prices exploded. They were pricy to start but now it’s ridiculous.

Dude..Applebees getting their crap together in the burger wars.

IHOP 8 bucks with fries and a soda??

Chili’s 10.99 burger fries all you can drink and bottomless chips.

Reactions: butta1231
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT