ADVERTISEMENT

Here it is, special teams!

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
Granted it wasn't the best competition, but what a difference with our kick coverage vs last season. I' so happy that we did not resort to b!tching out with pooch kicks and unreturnable punt strategies. Purposely giving the other team better field position, because we were scared they would take it to the house on us. SMH.

What a difference a high quality special teams coach makes. Apparently Bryant had a really good return game, but you would never know from last game.

Now who knows what happens this week, or the rest of the season. But it was nice to see quality special teams play, even for one game against a lower division school.

Granted it wasn't the best competition, but what a difference with our kick coverage vs last season. I' so happy that we did not resort to b!tching out with pooch kicks and unreturnable punt strategies. Purposely giving the other team better field position, because we were scared they would take it to the house on us. SMH.

What a difference a high quality special teams coach makes. Apparently Bryant had a really good return game, but you would never know from last game.

Now who knows what happens this week, or the rest of the season. But it was nice to see quality special teams play, even for one game against a lower division school.
But their returner was a high level return man and we made him look like we typically look when we return kicks. I think bottling him up absolutely had an impact on the game.

I don’t know if it’s that we are that good or it was a key focus heading in. Their weapons were limited but he was one of them. But if we were focusing on their weapons, we didn’t get within a couple yards of the QB …

But their returner was a high level return man and we made him look like we typically look when we return kicks. I think bottling him up absolutely had an impact on the game.

I don’t know if it’s that we are that good or it was a key focus heading in. Their weapons were limited but he was one of them. But if we were focusing on their weapons, we didn’t get within a couple yards of the QB …
yea our pass rush is going to be our undoing!! YET AGAIN!!.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
yea our pass rush is going to be our undoing!! YET AGAIN!!.
It didn't look good, and yes it is a concern.

But, I do not remember seeing very many called blitzes last game. Maybe a couple. The 4th down stand in the redzone, where the QB could barely blink before being crushed, and one other time where JW came in off the edge that led to a hurry or an incompletion, maybe a sack I don't remember.

Against a veteran line with legit size, especially for FCS. And a quality QB for that level as well.

Not trying to make too many excuses here, but I think that our pass rush has potential to look a lot better. I think we mostly played straight up against Bryant because we could. I think Odom/Scherer has a bunch more wrinkles that we haven't seen yet that will help our defense in all phases.

It didn't look good, and yes it is a concern.

But, I do not remember seeing very many called blitzes last game. Maybe a couple. The 4th down stand in the redzone, where the QB could barely blink before being crushed, and one other time where JW came in off the edge that led to a hurry or an incompletion, maybe a sack I don't remember.

Against a veteran line with legit size, especially for FCS. And a quality QB for that level as well.

Not trying to make too many excuses here, but I think that our pass rush has potential to look a lot better. I think we mostly played straight up against Bryant because we could. I think Odom/Scherer has a bunch more wrinkles that we haven't seen yet that will help our defense in all phases.
I think they were more interested in containing their QB rather than sacking him.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Does anyone got that 98 yard return?

What a gem..lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT