ADVERTISEMENT

Am I missing something?

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Now I’m not saying UNLV is great. We may not even be a bowl team. Our lines have been subpar, the QB situation is dicey … we don’t really know what we have at this point.

But only a three point favorite at UTEP? UTEP is essentially a perennial twin to UNLV, historically awful. And they look like they are having a down year in which they don’t do anything well.

Yeah, it’s the road. But I really expected 7 or 8 point favorite in this game and quite honestly, I expect the Rebels to roll them.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Now I’m not saying UNLV is great. We may not even be a bowl team. Our lines have been subpar, the QB situation is dicey … we don’t really know what we have at this point.

But only a three point favorite at UTEP? UTEP is essentially a perennial twin to UNLV, historically awful. And they look like they are having a down year in which they don’t do anything well.

Yeah, it’s the road. But I really expected 7 or 8 point favorite in this game and quite honestly, I expect the Rebels to roll them.
Might be the unexpected of who plays QB... that could really affect the line

I think it has something to do with not really knowing much about UTEP or UNLV when they play equal competition. They played at Northwestern and at Arizona. Opening game was at Jacksonville State in their first ever fbs game. Bring the talent level closer to equal, give em home field.

I can see how they got there. Makes unlv unofficially -6. UNLV beat a traditionally bottom feeding SEC team in a strange, not fluky... just weird... game.

That said, I think we could see our front 7 look better than we have (middle of the pack CUSA qb should be worse than vandy qb and will be less mobile than Bryant's, so the threat of over pursuing and being burned is less prevalent).

I'm sure the line factored in UNLV doing historically UNLV things.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT