ADVERTISEMENT

Bowls projection

The fact they put Liberty in the playoffs says everything about the projections. Oregon beat them 45-6 in there bowl game, and they have a schedule that is full of teams that couldn't win a single game in the MWC.
Campbell (5-6) Lower Division
NM State 10-5 (lost to liberty for conf winner - game was tied going into the 4th) lost to Hawaii, blown out by Fresno State, won a close game verse NM
UTEP (3-9) lost by 17 to UNLV at home
East Carolina (2-10)
App State (9-5)
FIU (4-8)
Kennesaw St (3-6) Lower division
Jax State (9-4)
Middle Tenn (4-8)
UMass (3-9)
WKU (8-5)
Sam Houston (3-9)
I thought the same thing when I saw Liberty in there: With that weak-a$$ schedule, they could run the table and still be very much undeserving. The MW champ with one or two losses, would be more deserving.

Houston Game

I think UNLV will be hard to scout for also though, since they don't have any video of our new QB's, and how they'll be incorporated into the system. I expect it to look quite a bit different than last year due to having a much bigger threat of the QB running.
I agree, our offense could look very different with a mobile QB, but at least many of the formations will be the same.

I just think that we can't just write off Houston, they have a quality coach in a recruiting hotbed, one of the best in the country. They will be a question mark. Now they won't be challenging for a B12 title likely, but they could easily win more than 3-4 games as some were saying. It just hard to say. No one had us winning 9 games last year with a first year coach.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

Bowls projection

The fact they put Liberty in the playoffs says everything about the projections. Oregon beat them 45-6 in there bowl game, and they have a schedule that is full of teams that couldn't win a single game in the MWC.
Campbell (5-6) Lower Division
NM State 10-5 (lost to liberty for conf winner - game was tied going into the 4th) lost to Hawaii, blown out by Fresno State, won a close game verse NM
UTEP (3-9) lost by 17 to UNLV at home
East Carolina (2-10)
App State (9-5)
FIU (4-8)
Kennesaw St (3-6) Lower division
Jax State (9-4)
Middle Tenn (4-8)
UMass (3-9)
WKU (8-5)
Sam Houston (3-9)

Houston Game

It will be tough to know how good Houston is. First year head coach , but somone who has been very good throughout his career at several levels. Not sure about their recruiting/style of play/player retention.

I think it is probably to our favor that we play them first, given that it will probably take time for them to gel. But they will be hard to scout/prepare for.

I'll be there either way!
I think UNLV will be hard to scout for also though, since they don't have any video of our new QB's, and how they'll be incorporated into the system. I expect it to look quite a bit different than last year due to having a much bigger threat of the QB running.

OT: Hypocrisy in politics

I didn't watch, since politics isn't my cup of tea, but I did see some clips on Twitter.

I know that both sides will claim victory but holy hell the clips I saw of Biden made him look really bad. Trump saying - I'm not sure what he said, he's not sure, either - or something to that effect, was the one that I kept seeing on Twitter. Maybe Biden did well otherwise, and maybe Trump insulted the masses in only the way Trump can, but I don't know how we move forward with Biden. But the same with Trump since he can piss people off (although I'm much happier with $2/gallon gas).

Who else can we have moving forward? This is like watching the first game of the Menzies era seeing the DRASTIC drop in talent and having no optimism for leadership for the upcoming season (4 years in politics).
iu

It was bad
  • Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt

I didn't watch, since politics isn't my cup of tea, but I did see some clips on Twitter.

I know that both sides will claim victory but holy hell the clips I saw of Biden made him look really bad. Trump saying - I'm not sure what he said, he's not sure, either - or something to that effect, was the one that I kept seeing on Twitter. Maybe Biden did well otherwise, and maybe Trump insulted the masses in only the way Trump can, but I don't know how we move forward with Biden. But the same with Trump since he can piss people off (although I'm much happier with $2/gallon gas).

Who else can we have moving forward? This is like watching the first game of the Menzies era seeing the DRASTIC drop in talent and having no optimism for leadership for the upcoming season (4 years in politics).
The job done not personalities is what is important. Easy choice in regards to who the economy worked better under.

Houston Game

It will be tough to know how good Houston is. First year head coach , but somone who has been very good throughout his career at several levels. Not sure about their recruiting/style of play/player retention.

I think it is probably to our favor that we play them first, given that it will probably take time for them to gel. But they will be hard to scout/prepare for.

I'll be there either way!
Reactions: SilverSpoon

Reactions: LVRebel2000

Houston Game

If the team loses this game, that will speak volumes
I’m only concerned with our QB play. Will be the first game for Sluka or Williams, in this offense. If either one can reliably move the ball downfield, then I feel good about us taking this one. However, QB play is unknown’s at this point and this will make or break our season, IMO.

Gotta admit

To put a bow on this thread, I bought my season tickets today. Sure hope the team surprises me.
…but I’m f’n amped for football season!!! 🏈
Equally pumped for football as well. Never been more excited.

I have been on the fence for basketball season tickets and decided I'm not renewing for the first time in years. I am a student once again so I will just use that option. I don't believe there will be a significant revitalization or massive influx of fans if by some small miracle we make the NCAAs or get a new coach. Plenty of great lower level seats will still be available in the coming years regardless. UNLV basketball is now too far down the local sports consumers' pecking order. It cannot be healed. It cannot be resuscitated. It would need a resurrection. To make this happen the program would need an 8-figure infusion of capital. You need a LOT of money and/or a LOT of luck to get a really good coach. You can ONLY get really good players with a lot of money AND a really good coach. Harsh reality for a department not dripping in cash.

Thankfully we have an AD that understands how important football is to the current and future health of our athletic programs. Most of the working capital will be allocated there. By far our best ROI.

Houston Game

If the team loses this game, that will speak volumes
OR Both teams tried to get better in the off season

Edit: to be clear, I think we should at minimum be "in" this game. I have no idea what Houston lost or brought in. I have no idea what changes were made to the staff other than Willie Fritz coming in.

I assume that Houston has a leg up in recruiting, haven't looked at numbers. Losing this game doesn't have to be indicative of anything, other than they lost this game.

More edit: just looked at Houston schedule... we would be dogs in all but 3-4 of their games, I'm guessing
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT