ADVERTISEMENT

Our biggest liability

And this is why our fan base knows nothing...the premise is very flawed and our fam base ate it up. It makes us look clueless.

QB is not a liability unless Friel starts and it's very unlikely that happens.
And yet until we have a named starter it still is. Having 2 or 3 talented guys is nice, we know what they should be capable of doing... but again for all the "Maiava sucked against good teams" folks out there, had he returned, there's a good chance we're talking fringe preseason top 25 team (probably top 30 recieving votes group) vs where we are starting... and we aren't worrying about if our QB play will be an issue, we're focusing on the defense stepping up... so yeah, it's a liability in that we dint have a dedicated QB1 yet, even though we have 2 or more guys capable

Our biggest liability

The whole premise behind the tweet is flawed. Big Game Boomer doesn’t know the difference between a liability and an uncertainty. How UNLV’s quarterback situation will end up as the season progresses is an unknown. Nothing but a question mark at this point. Sluka as a 4 year triple option qb could actually run the Go Go offense better than Malivia. Nothing but click bait IMO.
And this is why our fan base knows nothing...the premise is very flawed and our fam base ate it up. It makes us look clueless.

QB is not a liability unless Friel starts and it's very unlikely that happens.

Our biggest liability

HOPEFULLY our line is better and with almost all returning, you’d think it would be …. That would get him more time …. You’re right, his mindset may need to change a little bit. And may have to rely on his arm more. Might be a bit of an adjustment there.

Good point.
I think the quality of the receiving team compared to that of Holly Cross will give a lot more options to Sluka. I think Sluka was running a lot against better teams because the receivers couldn't get open, while I do not think UNLV will have that problem with their receivers!
Reactions: LVRebel2000

I thought that chicks dig the long ball

This was so insane I had the check it. Upon further review, I can only assume that Lou banged every voters wife.

He should have been the runaway winner based upon stats.

Absolutely crazy. Then again, I don’t think pitchers should qualify for MVP, they have the Cy. And they don’t play every day.

View attachment 226
Lou Gehrig was by far the best, but according to everything I have watched or read about him, he was a very mean and ruthless player, but that doesn't change the fact he was miles in front of everyone else!

Our biggest liability

My opinion was not that the decision has been made, only that Sluka will prevail in the end. No matter what happens, the competition is there. Haj and Friel are two strong competitors and all three will make each other better, starting with camp but then throughout the year.
Just watched the Boston College-Holy Cross game. Sluka is good. My only criticism is he's very quick to abandon the pocket and run.
Reactions: bcvegaspt2

Our biggest liability

Login to view embedded media
Can't disagree with this until the QB's prove them wrong.
Fear of the unknown (which we all have).
The whole premise behind the tweet is flawed. Big Game Boomer doesn’t know the difference between a liability and an uncertainty. How UNLV’s quarterback situation will end up as the season progresses is an unknown. Nothing but a question mark at this point. Sluka as a 4 year triple option qb could actually run the Go Go offense better than Malivia. Nothing but click bait IMO.

Our biggest liability

I hope this is not the case!
May the competition be long and hard and the best man win!
My opinion was not that the decision has been made, only that Sluka will prevail in the end. No matter what happens, the competition is there. Haj and Friel are two strong competitors and all three will make each other better, starting with camp but then throughout the year.

Our biggest liability

Why? If he's clearly better and just needs time to fully grasp the playbook I'd rather him get as much reps as possible with the first team guys than a rotation just to keep other feeling happier... Competition is fine to push guys to be better, but eventually 1 has to be the guy and it needs to be clear. Having 2 5th yr Srs means they're experienced enough to know there's other talented guys there if they take the foot off the pedal, but you need to have a clear #1 guy and it needs to be made relatively clear as soon as possible.
We don’t know that?
Let it play out and support whoever is named the starter!

Our biggest liability

Why? If he's clearly better and just needs time to fully grasp the playbook I'd rather him get as much reps as possible with the first team guys than a rotation just to keep other feeling happier... Competition is fine to push guys to be better, but eventually 1 has to be the guy and it needs to be clear. Having 2 5th yr Srs means they're experienced enough to know there's other talented guys there if they take the foot off the pedal, but you need to have a clear #1 guy and it needs to be made relatively clear as soon as possible.

Our biggest liability

On QB: I have no inside information, but my gut says it is Sluka’s to lose. Very interested to hear impressions once were a week or two into camp. Right now, the only knock is that he’s behind in X’s and O’s and the playbook. Don’t think that’s going to be a knock for long.

On Coaching: you make a good point. However, the last 4 games are by far the easiest stretch of the year. If there are distractions, it means we took care of business in the difficult games and are set up for another MWC champ appearance. If that’s the case, I’ll take the distractions.

Our biggest liability

Biggest liabilities- QB just because we don't know who will be the starter but their skill set and experience should be a boost...
Coaching- I know this sounds weird to say, but let's say we're cruising into the final few weeks of the season at the top of the G5 ranks and all of a sudden you hear Marrion is out interviewing around the Country instead of focusing on game plans and coaching day in and day out. Same goes for the Coach Odom rumor mill. It's a distraction, good one to have, but could be difference between a Conference championship and Playoff birth and the New Mexico bowl...
On QB: I have no inside information, but my gut says it is Sluka’s to lose. Very interested to hear impressions once were a week or two into camp. Right now, the only knock is that he’s behind in X’s and O’s and the playbook. Don’t think that’s going to be a knock for long.

On Coaching: you make a good point. However, the last 4 games are by far the easiest stretch of the year. If there are distractions, it means we took care of business in the difficult games and are set up for another MWC champ appearance. If that’s the case, I’ll take the distractions.

Our biggest liability

Biggest liabilities- QB just because we don't know who will be the starter but their skill set and experience should be a boost...
Coaching- I know this sounds weird to say, but let's say we're cruising into the final few weeks of the season at the top of the G5 ranks and all of a sudden you hear Marrion is out interviewing around the Country instead of focusing on game plans and coaching day in and day out. Same goes for the Coach Odom rumor mill. It's a distraction, good one to have, but could be difference between a Conference championship and Playoff birth and the New Mexico bowl...
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT