ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV lost one commit

The hit rate with under the radar guys ( Jet Thomas, Jacob De Jesus) has been really good so far.

At this point I trust the staff with their recruiting. Also, some guys may just be projects/depth/development guys
Those two names are more than enough for me to believe they can find diamonds in the rough, I just hope he is another one like those two! Jaco De-Jesus being recruited by nobody a year ago, and now he is an All-American!

Anyone have ESPN+

Boise st tier 9
UNLV tier 13
Air Force, Oregon St, Washington St, SDSU, Wyoming, Fresno St tier 14
San Jose Tier 15a
Colorado St tier 17
Hawaii and Utah St Tier 18
UNR and UNM Tier 20

Total of 20 tiers

I dont blame a tier 13 rating. We had a good year. One in how many years? Want more respect have a year like last year again for 2-3 more years consecutive then maybe we can get more respect.
But notice how many MWC teams are above us compared to how many are ranked below us. I would say at this point probably right were we deserve before the season begins. Now lets go prove on the field we deserve better than this pre-season ranking.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

Is anyone surprised by this?

I’m terms of continuity I’d love to have had a stud freshman stay for many years. But for this offense I think we found a better fit in dual threat Sluka. Hopefully it works out that way.
Speaking of continuity especially at QB is Sluka a 4'th or 5'th year senior. I know Haj is a 5'th year senior so I think Sluka should have an additional year due to the Covid rule.

Maiava certainly had some head scratching passes …. But there were many times he threw a perfect ball, a lot on long routes, strong arm, nice flight and an easy catch.

Kind of what you expect out of a freshman.

I can’t say whether I’d rather have a sophomore Maiava who plays four or these two guys with one year each. I’ll let you know in January ….hopefully not sooner … and then I’ll affirm it or deny it with the next transfer class.
I’m terms of continuity I’d love to have had a stud freshman stay for many years. But for this offense I think we found a better fit in dual threat Sluka. Hopefully it works out that way.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

Running tempo can really work when you get momentum. You can lock defenses into certain packages, and really get them gassed.

But this really only works with productive plays on first downs, and it is the most effective from run plays. That has been our problem. The run game has not been good on early downs, pass plays that end in negative yards or incompletes kill tempo.

More than tempo, amount of plays, etc. To me the most important aspect to make this offense at it's most effective is being able to run the ball on early downs.
Correct, as Peyton Manning would always say his focus was not to get to third down situations, he was always looking for a play that would move the ball past the sticks.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT