ADVERTISEMENT

How is it only Tuesday?

He did. I told him they were pretty mild. I didn’t think they were that bad, a little hot. He acted like it was concentrated Carolina Reaper, tears and all.

I think it was at Meet Menzies type of event at Born and Raised. The chicken wing had more basketball knowledge.
Al said that isn’t how it went down he said he ate that wing like a champ and downed a half dozen more after it 😀

How is it only Tuesday?

I love Cajun and Viet. That sounds like a match made in food heaven!

There was a place I'd go in Hawaii that had Chinese pizza. Loved the moo goo gai pan pizza and the chicken almond ding-za!

Best fajitas I ever had, before or since, were at Taco Cabana / Tacasita in San Antonio. They'd bring them out, sizzling on an iron skillet, and a tortillero filled with warm, soft tortillas. You could go up to the fixin's bar and get whatever else you wanted to load on them. And, need I say, served with ice cold cerveza. They billed themselves as the original home of the party on the patio. There was one right across the street from where I worked. I was still young and single, so you know i didn't go there often! Man, I just realized how much I miss that place.
I went to a conference in San Antonio in August. Food was great. But, the ****ing humidity. Walking the river walk my balls were sweating a whole new river.

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Houston

Game is on FS1, so we’ll have some eyeballs on this one. Great exposure for the program and I don’t believe it’s happened in unlv football history where we are on a premium channel/nationally broadcast game for 3-4 straight games.

Anyone remember the days of some regional or HS production/fringe channel?

I just looked to see who is playing at the same time on network TV. Notre Dame vs A&M will probably have 90% more viewers in Houston than UH will tomorrow night.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

Game is on FS1, so we’ll have some eyeballs on this one. Great exposure for the program and I don’t believe it’s happened in unlv football history where we are on a premium channel/nationally broadcast game for 3-4 straight games.

Anyone remember the days of some regional or HS production/fringe channel?
"THIS WEEK on Cox channel 121-5..."

Game 1 Uniforms

Reality is that is likely the case. We aren't at the level where Nike is gonna give us that type of love if they are pushing out a new style or base. Undoubtedly we could have paid for something different, but if that's what our deal with Nike gets us, I get it....

I actually kind of like that stripe. It does suck that that's the new Nike base for their non-faves.
It seemed like for a while we were getting completely unique designs. Our old whites being one of them. Sucks about the regression.
But at least some p4 teams are getting the sa.e treatment

Game 1 Uniforms

Also the shoulder stripe look seems to be a generic Nike template that many teams are using this season.
Reality is that is likely the case. We aren't at the level where Nike is gonna give us that type of love if they are pushing out a new style or base. Undoubtedly we could have paid for something different, but if that's what our deal with Nike gets us, I get it....

I actually kind of like that stripe. It does suck that that's the new Nike base for their non-faves.

I think when UNLV is in no man’s land, 4th and 5 from the 32 yard line, UNLV will go for it. We will miss some FGs this year, but we will have more going for it on 4th down, too.

And I don’t think UNLV will have a great defense … but I think it will surprise and actually be pretty good. Better than most of us expect. They won’t shut anybody out … but I don’t think they’re going to outright blow games either.
I agree. I just think things can get sloppy in the first game of the season, and both teams are also good enough and probably evenly matched in terms of talent. So I just don't see this being a high scoring affair like many here. Especially in the rain which is very likely

OT: Hypocrisy in politics

Right? It quickly glosses over everything that is really going on …

And the response to anyone against it will always be the same …. But, der, um … but Trump!

That’s not anything of substance. Tell us what you are going to do … and saying you’ll undo all of the things that you did the past four years, not exactly a ringing endorsement of your abilities.
I dont believe they have anything of substance.. They have been running since 2016 on the "orange man bad" just in different forms... This newer version is "Not Going Back" vs a few months ago "Threat to Democracy"...
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT