ADVERTISEMENT

We are 8-2. What's next?

Interesting. Pay coach Odom more, pay Arroyo the final $1.15 mil of buyout, pay CKK his small buyout and hire a new BB coach. I hope Harper has lined up several multimillionaires to bring in the $$.
The way I look at it is the more you pay for Odom, assuming a renegotiated contract, the higher the buyout should some school try to steal him. In this case you don't need millionaires as the buyout would help pay for the next coach and then some. Just like with totselburger's buyout.

Interesting. Pay coach Odom more, pay Arroyo the final $1.15 mil of buyout, pay CKK his small buyout and hire a new BB coach. I hope Harper has lined up several multimillionaires to bring in the $$.
Harp gets my benefit of the doubt. The last two morons were clearly morons.

Harp made this hire … by himself. It was a quick hire, it was pretty under the radar (I knew before it was announced, but still, there wasn’t massive hemorrhaging of info) … it was very non-UNLV, it was the way things are supposed to operate.

So he gets rope with me.

The last article I saw had our budget in good shape because of closing Sam Boyd. I believe coach Odom is top 4 in MWC for salary. He has already outperformed his contract. I'm with you guys on this PAY THE MAN his MONEY!!!!!!!

Colorado told Deion Sanders that they didn’t have the money for him.. yet.

They knew the financial gains they’d make by bringing him on board and bet on that.

We have more financial backing now so I think we can hold onto Odom if we want to. I’m also hoping that we keep Marion and Sheibest (ST Coach.. sorry if I misspelled his name).

They knew the financial gains they’d make by bringing him on board and bet on that.

We have more financial backing now so I think we can hold onto Odom if we want to. I’m also hoping that we keep Marion and Sheibest (ST Coach.. sorry if I misspelled his name).
Isn’t attendance up? That should help.

Reactions: 220reb
The last article I saw had our budget in good shape because of closing Sam Boyd. I believe coach Odom is top 4 in MWC for salary. He has already outperformed his contract. I'm with you guys on this PAY THE MAN his MONEY!!!!!!!
Odom is the top paid HC in the MWC.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

It's the rare day I read one of your posts and don't think Idiot!

So good job Idiot!

Colorado has more than enough money now to extend Prime!

I could have swear he is 3rd or 4th THIS YEAR.
I believe by his base salary he is the highest paid MWC football coach. Craig Bohl might show up higher because some of these media outlets that report salaries take the base plus all other incentives. Bohl had a $625000 bonus for retention which some report that into his annual earnings. It may be true but it's for that one year and not his annual base.

Time to go see what Stetson does against CKK.

Reactions: 220reb
I believe by his base salary he is the highest paid MWC football coach. Craig Bohl might show up higher because some of these media outlets that report salaries take the base plus all other incentives. Bohl had a $625000 bonus for retention which some report that into his annual earnings. It may be true but it's for that one year and not his annual base.

Time to go see what Stetson does against CKK.
I am not watching another UNLV basketball game this year. Too painful, man....

Knowing what you know now.

If you could go back. Would you hire D. Sanders or still hire Odom.
Short-term? Sanders. Way more revenue for the team.

Long-term? Odom. Better at X and O. Won’t be offered a high profile job as quickly as Deion. (I’m aware that Sanders is at a P5 but Vandy, for example, will likely fire their coach this year and SEC is > Big12).

Yeah but they were a 1-11 program, who was last in the country as a program too!
These kind of thing the ceiling is tend to be low. There will be drama every year and after every loss. I would be so annoyed if I have to listen to Neon every week.

Yeah but they were a 1-11 program, who was last in the country as a program too!

In terms of wins and losses sure.

But a lot of G5 schools would be pretty happy to have the budget, the facilities, and an amazing campus to recruit to.

Fair amount of P5 schools as well.

CU may not have spent a ton of money on coaching hires in the past but they were middle of the pack for Pac12 I believe.

Bad hires played a bigger role in their struggles vs there not being any infrastructure.

I think their football facility was two or three times the cost of ours for example.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT