ADVERTISEMENT

On to Colorado State

220reb

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
Looking forward to next week. We must shut down their crossing routes. We should run for a ton of yards next week. 6-1 sounds good to me. After that It's Fresno, Wyo, and AFA.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Dump @UNM game in between fresno and Wyoming.

CSU is gonna test the secondary for sure.

Anyone have any insight on what the Odds will be for this game? CSU is down by 17-0 right now to Boise. I'm assuming Rebels will be favored since we are at home but, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
CSU 31 BSU 30. Whoa Nelly is what Keith Jackson would have said. This score is a disaster for BSU as CSU's game vs Colorado was probably not a fluke.

Duke, North Carolina and UNLV. What a weird football season. Maybe there is something to past basketball success. You have to start somewhere.

5-1 What a Record. We definitely are benefiting from an early season soft schedule. Obviously now it gets a little tougher.

Lets see how we do against the Meat of the conference.

5-1 What a Record. We definitely are benefiting from an early season soft schedule. Obviously now it gets a little tougher.

Lets see how we do against the Meat of the conference.

It would take years of success before I will start saying 'should win' in regards to UNLV and their opponents.

That said the Rebs have 3 games I think they will either be favored or a slight underdog depending on upcoming results..CSU, UNM and San Jose. Win just those three and were looking at an 8 win season in Odom's first year. Not to shabby.

CSU 31 BSU 30. Whoa Nelly is what Keith Jackson would have said. This score is a disaster for BSU as CSU's game vs Colorado was probably not a fluke.
Umm... I watched the game and Boise gave it away... 3 TDs in last 4 minutes of game, almost 2 onside kicks, not being able to run out the clock... Boise isn't good, CSU isn't good, they're lucky

Umm... I watched the game and Boise gave it away... 3 TDs in last 4 minutes of game, almost 2 onside kicks, not being able to run out the clock... Boise isn't good, CSU isn't good, they're lucky
We shall soon see! Our track record against CSU has not been good in the last 15 years, I think we have maybe 2-3 wins against them, so we will see if they are hype as you say or are they a program who is on the come up with a decent coach at the helm.

Glad to hear CSU pulled it out. I’d prefer we face them coming off a win. Perhaps they’ll believe they’re better than they are but I’ve no doubt it will help keep UNLV from being over confident going into the game. Plus a win against CSU will only bolster our credentials (relatively speaking). Hope to see a strong UNLV crowd show up for our guys.

Glad to hear CSU pulled it out. I’d prefer we face them coming off a win. Perhaps they’ll believe they’re better than they are but I’ve no doubt it will help keep UNLV from being over confident going into the game. Plus a win against CSU will only bolster our credentials (relatively speaking). Hope to see a strong UNLV crowd show up for our guys.
I’m glad they won as well. I think it probably bodes better for UNLV.

We shall soon see! Our track record against CSU has not been good in the last 15 years, I think we have maybe 2-3 wins against them, so we will see if they are hype as you say or are they a program who is on the come up with a decent coach at the helm.
I don't see how our teack record against CDU has any bearing right now.

It's a team we haven't played every year since they were on the opposite of the conference when he have had divisions.
It's not like they have a unique traditional play style that gives us fits.
How are they this year? That should be a question.
They have been up and down. They have the ability to throw it deep which should be a concern. I think we deserve to be favored, especially at home. But my guess it will be less than a touchdown.
They did have a good bit of luck to come back and win last night, but they deserve some credit to do it, especially being down so much so late.

It's a team we haven't played every year since they were on the opposite of the conference when he have had divisions.
They have been up and down. They have the ability to throw it deep which should be a concern. I think we deserve to be favored, especially at home. But my guess it will be less than a touchdown.
They did have a good bit of luck to come back and win last night, but they deserve some credit to do it, especially being down so much so late.
It’s something to mention because it’s a fact. Look none of any of our posts are more than opinions but the fact of the matter is CSU beats us all the time and the history should not be overlooked. They simply find a way and it’s funny that many here year and year out count them as a winnable game. It’s like saying you’re a rival to someone you never beat, the claim falls on deaf ears until you win a few. CSU will be a tough game for this UNLV team who is just now learning to win!

It’s something to mention because it’s a fact. Look none of any of our posts are more than opinions but the fact of the matter is CSU beats us all the time and the history should not be overlooked. They simply find a way and it’s funny that many here year and year out count them as a winnable game. It’s like saying you’re a rival to someone you never beat, the claim falls on deaf ears until you win a few. CSU will be a tough game for this UNLV team who is just now learning to win!
To be fair, we have a track record of losing to everyone all the time, not just CSU. Also, we’ve played them a total of 3 times in the last 10 seasons so they aren’t a team we’ve played a lot.

Does history matter though if none of the players/coaches involved in the past are around.

I get your point and it's fine to point out. How much bearing it has on this game is probably little to none though.

Reactions: dcut03
But again, our track record with this coach and this team to a team we don't play that often is irrelevant.
We could easily still lose to them, but I don't think the fact that they are CSU has anything to do with our coaches or even players at this point. It's been 4 years since we have played them. And we have an adult in charge.
We are taking care of bad teams and CSU is a small step up from a bad team this year.
I think we should be favored and think we likely win, because I think we are the better team right now.
If we do lose, it is because they can exploit our weaknesses and mitigate our strengths. We haven't played perfect football so we are definitely beatable to a team of their caliber. I'm more worried about that and give a rats ass that they are CSU.

CSU ranks 96th woth 237 yards per game allowed rushing. They let Boises only player go for 260 yards from scrimmage and 3Tds I think... they also rank 123 in passing yards allowed and 128th total defense... that's not good. They survive solely off their passing game, which is asked to do alot because of how bad they are at stopping teams..

We're not great, but we are +9 in TO margin and get alot of pressure on the QB, T-27 nationally in sacks.. It's going to feel like a barn burner because they will be forced to chuck it in 2nd half but I don't see us giving up 3 TDs in 4 minutes with 2 onside kicks the way Boise did...

CSU is his personal UNR
CSU ranks 96th woth 237 yards per game allowed rushing. They let Boises only player go for 260 yards from scrimmage and 3Tds I think... they also rank 123 in passing yards allowed and 128th total defense... that's not good. They survive solely off their passing game, which is asked to do alot because of how bad they are at stopping teams..

We're not great, but we are +9 in TO margin and get alot of pressure on the QB, T-27 nationally in sacks.. It's going to feel like a barn burner because they will be forced to chuck it in 2nd half but I don't see us giving up 3 TDs in 4 minutes with 2 onside kicks the way Boise did...
and they knew to stack against one dude.

UNLV can throw 3 or 4 at you and two at the same time. Might be one of those 300 yard games where Maiava just needs to make the easy passes and the defense remain respectable.

Reactions: 220reb
CSU is his personal UNR

and they knew to stack against one dude.

UNLV can throw 3 or 4 at you and two at the same time. Might be one of those 300 yard games where Maiava just needs to make the easy passes and the defense remain respectable.

I think Rebs follow similiar game plan as they did vs Reno.

I do think we may see them blitz a little more this game to speed up CSU QB and force him to get rid of ball before longer routes can develop.

Biggest thing Rebs need to continue to put 7s on the board in the red zone and not settle for 3s. This could be a shootout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT