ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State win over BSU

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
With Fresno winning over BSU it leaves UNLV and Fresno State in second behind Air Force. It looks like UNLV can control their own destiny. Win out and UNLV could end up playing FSU in a rematch conference championship at FSU!

A year in which I wish we actually played SDSU and Boise.

Boise looks incredibly mediocre. Fresno looked a lot better than against us. Even though we lost to Fresno, I thought we were the better team. Fresno, against us, looked pretty mediocre and needed many lifelines to survive, which we gave to them. But I thought they looked good yesterday (the KO return was a killer).

Fresno winning yesterday was probably best for us. A rebel win on Friday night and things get real interesting.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Would love a chance at a rematch with Fresno, in Fresno. 1 game at a time, but man that would be freaking awesome. The team would be playing with an even bigger chip on their shoulder going into that game.

Would love a chance at a rematch with Fresno, in Fresno. 1 game at a time, but man that would be freaking awesome. The team would be playing with an even bigger chip on their shoulder going into that game.
I dont think Fresneck want to see UNLV for the 2nd time. We beat AFA and we are in vs Fresneck.

I sure as shit am not discounting Wyoming or San Jose. SJSU still has Cordiero.

This team can't take anybody lightly and thankfully, they haven't so far. That's why we are seeing some blowouts.
Amen to that, Joe. I think Wyoming is a tough one. Historically. Looking at the stats, it say otherwise. I could be wrong and I am not a gambler. But UNLV odds should be a little higher than 2.5. Then the boys will travel to Fort Collins, CO....snowy as f*ck. If they can win that ONE, SJSU is a breeze.....Cordiero vs Jerrae Williams healthy...I like our odds.

Amen to that, Joe. I think Wyoming is a tough one. Historically. Looking at the stats, it say otherwise. I could be wrong and I am not a gambler. But UNLV odds should be a little higher than 2.5. Then the boys will travel to Fort Collins, CO....snowy as f*ck. If they can win that ONE, SJSU is a breeze.....Cordiero vs Jerrae Williams healthy...I like our odds.
If it snowy in Fort Collins, our passing game is negated. AFA is a tough a team even if the QB is hurts. The cold will effect how we play.

Weren’t we an underdog at AFA, in the snow … some years back … and put up our best performance of that season … maybe I’m imagining it.
I am going to leave that to someone with a memory. Generally speaking, that is not the case. Just imagine the shoes or cleats they need to play in that cold.

I am going to leave that to someone with a memory. Generally speaking, that is not the case. Just imagine the shoes or cleats they need to play in that cold.
I think AFA was mediocre and so was UNLV, but we shellacked them badly. That might have been a Cornett/Herring team maybe? 10 years ago?

If it snowy in Fort Collins, our passing game is negated. AFA is a tough a team even if the QB is hurts. The cold will effect how we play.
Both play a very similar style. It'll be interesting to see how they fair against our offense.. you notice we've been passing more lately as teams have tried to stop our run.. I think it's by design so teams can't come up and do what CSU did against the run.

A year in which I wish we actually played SDSU and Boise.

Boise looks incredibly mediocre. Fresno looked a lot better than against us. Even though we lost to Fresno, I thought we were the better team. Fresno, against us, looked pretty mediocre and needed many lifelines to survive, which we gave to them. But I thought they looked good yesterday (the KO return was a killer).

Agree on SDSU for sure.

Boise still has some really talented dudes. Not great at the QB spot. But that roster is still good overall. Not sure what the disconnect is to be honest.

Fortunately we play AF in Colorado Springs. The current forecast is for a high of 50 degrees and no snow with a kickoff at 1:30 MT. The forecast is still a couple of weeks out. And this is the front range so this forecast could change at a drop of a hat.

Fortunately we play AF in Colorado Springs. The current forecast is for a high of 50 degrees and no snow with a kickoff at 1:30 MT. The forecast is still a couple of weeks out. And this is the front range so this forecast could change at a drop of a hat.

Wait we have a meteorologist?

This scares me a lot. He has always torched us. Like a lot of things in this 2023 season, I hope it's different this time.
Prior to this year a lot of teams in the MWC torched UNLV on a regular basis! Hopefully the torching of UNLV has ended.
lisa simpson torch GIF

I'm confused. Since we are tied with Fresno and if by the end of the season we remain tied for 2nd don't they hold the tie breaker over us since they beat us??

I'm confused. Since we are tied with Fresno and if by the end of the season we remain tied for 2nd don't they hold the tie breaker over us since they beat us??
This is with the assumption that we beat Air Force! If UNLV loses any of the next 3 games, they are most likely out!

They do. If we win out we’d hold the head to head tiebreaker over Air Force. But if it’s a three way tie I’m not sure who the odd man out is.

They do. If we win out we’d hold the head to head tiebreaker over Air Force. But if it’s a three way tie I’m not sure who the odd man out is.
Not sure on the current system, but since Fresno State lost to Wyoming, and UNLV would need to win all three games, including Wyoming, that would leave UNLV with a better record against head to head competition. I guess that would mean Air Force Would be in along with UNLV if Air Force only loses to UNLV, and UNLV wins all 3 remaining games, but this is starting to hurt my head!!!!

Not sure on the current system, but since Fresno State lost to Wyoming, and UNLV would need to win all three games, including Wyoming, that would leave UNLV with a better record against head to head competition. I guess that would mean Air Force Would be in along with UNLV if Air Force only loses to UNLV, and UNLV wins all 3 remaining games, but this is starting to hurt my head!!!!

This scares me a lot. He has always torched us. Like a lot of things in this 2023 season, I hope it's different this time.
It's really only going to matter if SJSU is fighting for bowl eligibility... if not he might shut it down...

We did beat Cordeiro when he was at Hawaii, and he didn't play that well. OF course he torched us last year.
SJSU can be pretty tough, it is no gimmie, but we will likely be favored for that game. Of course the next 2 games may change that.

I think AFA was mediocre and so was UNLV, but we shellacked them badly. That might have been a Cornett/Herring team maybe? 10 years ago?
@LocoRebel Weren't you a student filmer at this game? Was this the one where the field was so frozen hard that guys were getting concussed hitting the ground, and you were having your own issues with the cold?

@LocoRebel Weren't you a student filmer at this game? Was this the one where the field was so frozen hard that guys were getting concussed hitting the ground, and you were having your own issues with the cold?
Air Force was not interested in tackling in that game - at one point ESPN inadvertently doubled Cornetts numbers, so he, by ESPN box score, had 440 rush yards and 8 touchdowns.

Speaking only for myself, I tried to tap out in my shooting position but was persuaded not to 😂

Fortunately, that was my last season shooting coaches film and the role became more... mobile... after that!

Reactions: rebneck
Air Force was not interested in tackling in that game - at one point ESPN inadvertently doubled Cornetts numbers, so he, by ESPN box score, had 440 rush yards and 8 touchdowns.

Speaking only for myself, I tried to tap out in my shooting position but was persuaded not to 😂

Fortunately, that was my last season shooting coaches film and the role became more... mobile... after that!
All this time and I’m thinking you’re a Mexican unlv fan. Is this Jer?

• Haha
Reactions: LocoRebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT