ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Kansas Thread

I’m sorry but this defense coordinator really needs to be evaluated. I think we need to just start fresh. It’s not just this game. The last 3 games (all losses when we needed to win) have been really bad for the defense.

Reactions: s89103
Going to bed after watching us get diddled over and over again despite having record penalties help us.

If you don’t seriously question this team you are not paying attention to the rapid downward trajectory it is on.

FIX THIS BY NEXT SEASON

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Going to bed after watching us get diddled over and over again despite having record penalties help us.

If you don’t seriously question this team you are not paying attention to the rapid downward trajectory it is on.

FIX THIS BY NEXT SEASON
These last few games are gravy as far as I’m concerned. They crossed the line of “successful season” (by UNLV traditional standards) a long time ago.

Thank god he didn't make it an easy catch for Mckie. He makes spectacular catches look easy and easy ones difficult.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I’m sorry but this defense coordinator really needs to be evaluated. I think we need to just start fresh. It’s not just this game. The last 3 games (all losses when we needed to win) have been really bad for the defense.

I'm not sure if its scheme or lack of dudes right now.

They got exposed against better teams for sure.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
That’s all she wrote. Great season one under Odom. We’d all have taken a bowl loss at the start of the season. Goodnight all. I’ll be dreaming of a new defense and some help with the OL for next season.

Pretty much what we expected realistically. If they kept composure in 2nd quarter, might have been a one score game.

Bean has been at KU all 3 years with Lance, he got benched for Daniels. Came in and took over season when JD6 couldn't go. Sucks to get torched by him tonight, but he's a good reminder of why having a very competent and good backup is a necessity in D1 football. KU probably doesn't win 6 games if he's not there.

Next year will be fun. Despite what Channel 8s sports guy says, KU is not an average P5 team. They will be really tough and probably top 25 preseason. Lots of guys coming back. Our defensive overhaul needs to start tonight.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I enjoyed this season of UNLV Football Live. Disappointing ending, but who would have even thought we'd bring this game within 4 after being down 21?

...and that opening drive!?!?!

I frigging loved this season of UNLV football. Give me more of this! Best loss in UNLV history!

Bean has been at KU all 3 years with Lance, he got benched for Daniels. Came in and took over season when JD6 couldn't go. Sucks to get torched by him tonight, but he's a good reminder of why having a very competent and good backup is a necessity in D1 football. KU probably doesn't win 6 games if he's not there.

Next year will be fun. Despite what Channel 8s sports guy says, KU is not an average P5 team. They will be really tough and probably top 25 preseason. Lots of guys coming back. Our defensive overhaul needs to start tonight.

That's a good P5 football team. They have quality wins to back that up. No not Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, Georgia good. But still pretty damn good.

That's a good P5 football team. They have quality wins to back that up. No not Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, Georgia good. But still pretty damn good.
I thought they were very easily the second best team we played this year. But we lost every game to what I’d consider the top 5 teams we’ve played this season. Which makes sense given where we started.

Expectations changed drastically as the season progressed, relatively unfairly IMO … but it’s not a bad thing because it shows interest over apathy. The opposite has been occurring year after year in hoops.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I thought they were very easily the second best team we played this year. But we lost every game to what I’d consider the top 5 teams we’ve played this season. Which makes sense given where we started.

Expectations changed drastically as the season progressed, relatively unfairly IMO … but it’s not a bad thing because it shows interest over apathy. The opposite has been occurring year after year in hoops.

Apathy is the worst.

Down by 21 the team didn’t give up. A bad second quarter and Maiva didn’t give up. This was a top 25 team most of the season with wins over #6 OK plus IA St and probably start the year ranked next year. They are a good team and we hung in there. I don’t see how anyone can view this season as anything besides positive. Our offense is clearly legit now fix the D and let’s get better.

Down by 21 the team didn’t give up. A bad second quarter and Maiva didn’t give up. This was a top 25 team most of the season with wins over #6 OK plus IA St and probably start the year ranked next year. They are a good team and we hung in there. I don’t see how anyone can view this season as anything besides positive. Our offense is clearly legit now fix the D and let’s get better.
There will be more than you think that will only focus on the last 3 games and call everything else over rated and or say it doesn't count because we just beat bad teams. There are just some very miserable UNLV fans...

I look forward to see what adjustments the defense can make with better talent and another year with the system. I hope the communication part increases as alot of our deep ball issues stemmed from miscommunication on who had which guy. Also the front needs to improve because 3 down have to find a way to put pressure on QB. Offense I have no doubt just gets better. Hopefully we get less vanilla play calls and much more aggressive on 3rd and 4th down calls. There should be no reason why 1st down we aren't taking shots to White each drive next year.

I agree when you say that we need to fix the defense. Now, I have a question for you.

What does that look like? Are we firing someone or just bringing people in? Or a mixture of both?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT