ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Kansas Thread

I dont know what the final scores will be but I see a shoot out and Rebs win.

Playing the "who beat who" game, Kansas beat Central Florida by 13. Central Florida beat Boise by 2 when Boise was sucking early in the year. Kansas will be missing a couple of pieces and should be disappointed in this bowl ( wanting more and a "better" opponent)

Putting it all together - Rebels 24 Kansas 34 If we can score quickly off a couple turnovers - Rebels 34 Kansas 31

Playing the "who beat who" game, Kansas beat Central Florida by 13. Central Florida beat Boise by 2 when Boise was sucking early in the year. Kansas will be missing a couple of pieces and should be disappointed in this bowl ( wanting more and a "better" opponent)

Putting it all together - Rebels 24 Kansas 34 If we can score quickly off a couple turnovers - Rebels 34 Kansas 31
Kansas is NOT disappointed about this game, in fact in their press the team is talking about playing for pride of the program, sending the seniors out on a win and going into the off season on a positive note with a bowl win. That does not sound like a lack of interest to me? They are a bigger, faster, stronger and well coached bunch and we will be lucky to stay close. Is it possible to make it a game yes but to say Kansas is taking the game lightly is wrong. They are not coming into this game asleep and it will take a real good game from us to stay close. I don’t think we win but I hope we don’t get steamrolled!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Kansas is NOT disappointed about this game, in fact in their press the team is talking about playing for pride of the program, sending the seniors out on a win and going into the off season on a positive note with a bowl win. That does not sound like a lack of interest to me? They are a bigger, faster, stronger and well coached bunch and we will be lucky to stay close. Is it possible to make it a game yes but to say Kansas is taking the game lightly is wrong. They are not coming into this game asleep and it will take a real good game from us to stay close. I don’t think we win but I hope we don’t get steamrolled!
What are they supposed to say? You have no idea how they really feel about this bowl or their opponent. Remember, originally the Guaranteed Rate Bowl was supposed to be a Big 10 / Big 12 matchup.

Reactions: reagan21
What are they supposed to say? You have no idea how they really feel about this bowl or their opponent. Remember, originally the Guaranteed Rate Bowl was supposed to be a Big 10 / Big 12 matchup.
Except these are quotes from players and coaches!

The same could be said about anyone saying Kansas is taking the game off but hey thanks for posting!

Would be a nice X Man present for U.S. (Yes that US and us)

That’s exactly the point I was making. The players and coaches are never going to give their opponent locker room material and their going to say all the politically correct things in public, but I guarantee you in private, their sentiments might be different

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1

The same could be said about anyone saying Kansas is taking the game off but hey thanks for posting!

Its rare a player or coach is going to say this sucks, we don't want to be here.

It is not uncommon in bowl games for P4 schools to be less motivated vs G5 schools.

May or may not be the case here. We'll see.

Reactions: NSU67
That’s exactly the point I was making. The players and coaches are never going to give their opponent locker room material and their going to say all the politically correct things in public, but I guarantee you in private, their sentiments might be different

If you are looking for someone who can understand nuance you're barking up the wrong tree.

Hello all,

Jet Thomas will not be playing tomorrow. Injured. There's some debate on this one and what it means, but he will not be out there tomorrow. You heard it here first!

Devin Neal is also not listed on any betting apps which is interesting. Could mean something. It could not. That is all.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Hello all,

Jet Thomas will not be playing tomorrow. Injured. There's some debate on this one and what it means, but he will not be out there tomorrow. You heard it here first!

Devin Neal is also not listed on any betting apps which is interesting. Could mean something. It could not. That is all.

Interesting... Neal did all the media stuff so I'm assuming he's not sitting out but you never know these days..

Assuming the Jet injury just so happened to have occurred right around the time a certain back committed from NCSt?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Hello all,

Maybe Jet is pulling a Paul pierce wheelchair moment.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
According to KU insider Mike Vernon, pro money pouring in on UNLV to cover... I think this is a very entertaining game and very open. Considering that a lot of the same players will be available next year for both staffs I don't see them trying stuff that will end up on tape...

According to KU insider Mike Vernon, pro money pouring in on UNLV to cover... I think this is a very entertaining game and very open. Considering that a lot of the same players will be available next year for both staffs I don't see them trying stuff that will end up on tape...
Drop that line … I think it’s a blowout …

Neal...

Our lack of defense and mediocre O line will ultimately be our downfall tonight!

Go read the quotes from the 2008 alabama team before the Sugar Bowl. They said the same stuff, and then got their asses handed to them by Utah in their backyard.

That being said:

Kansas - 33
UNLV - 23

Go read the quotes from the 2008 alabama team before the Sugar Bowl. They said the same stuff, and then got their asses handed to them by Utah in their backyard.

That being said:

Kansas - 33
UNLV - 23
We ain’t 2008 Utah dude!

Serious question; Its fun to hear peoples predictions and opinions, but is anyone actually putting their bread up at the books or on apps? Genuinely curious.

Reactions: InZoneU
Serious question; Its fun to hear peoples predictions and opinions, but is anyone actually putting their bread up at the books or on apps? Genuinely curious.
Yes KU -11. Zero confidence in our D stopping them with the silly 3 man rush.

Hope it turns out different tho. Never know.

Yes KU -11. Zero confidence in our D stopping them with the silly 3 man rush.

Hope it turns out different tho. Never know.
I respect it. Too many people just make predictions to say they told you so, but never put their money up to back it up.

I respect it. Too many people just make predictions to say they told you so, but never put their money up to back it up.
I never put money on UNLV, the Eagles, Bengals, NY Mets, or Lakers. I don’t like to mix my mind with my stomach.

Reactions: Rebels_88
Will make predictions, but have to really, really like a number to put money on it. I essentially come up what I think the line should be and if it’s not vastly different; I don’t play it. I figured KU to be a 10 point favorite. Won’t touch. Had KU been a 15 point favorite or 5 point favorite; I probably would have played it.

I don't bet on sports. Certainly not a bowl game.. I'm just hoping for an entertaining back and forth game with big plays and a good showing. Nothing looks worse on paper than 3 straight losses including blow outs in both Championship game and a Bowl. Kansas might be in a position to win Big 12 next year given who is returning on both sides (Bryant coming back along with Dotson in the defensive backfield and JD6 being fully healthy) and having a healthy showing vs them will be a huge boost heading to 2024...

Will make predictions, but have to really, really like a number to put money on it. I essentially come up what I think the line should be and if it’s not vastly different; I don’t play it. I figured KU to be a 10 point favorite. Won’t touch. Had KU been a 15 point favorite or 5 point favorite; I probably would have played it.
This is very smart. Too many people force themselves to put money on every game or every prop.

I do like that there’s been a few weeks to rest, get the last two games out of their heads and prep for the bowl game. Not sure how it will play for KU but our guys needed a break. The pressure of winning became a bit much for them (definitely Maiava) especially against the better competition. Good for our guys to have time to put things into perspective.

We ain’t 2008 Utah dude!

Again they aren't saying we are Utah

That wasn't the point of the post. It was an example of a P5 team not being up for a game against a G5 school in a bowl game.

Nobody here is speaking in absolutes.

You saying 'but the players and coaches are motivated they were quoted' means nothing.

That's what they are supposed to say. They regurgitated the same cliches everyone else says at press conferences before every game. They aren't going to give an opponent bulletin board material. They are not going to say we think we should be in a bigger bowl or facing a better opponent.

Kansas very well might be extremely motivated. I get the feeling their HC is the type of guy that will have his team ready.

The whole point of this was simply saying the possibility exists Kansas may not be as excited about being in this bowl game.

That's it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT