ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Fresno State game thread

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Game is on cbs sports app..

UNLV off to a slow start. Fresno crowd looks dead.

not so confident about this game on the road. I remember the good Ole Big West days when Fresno used to be a patsy.

In my opinion coach Kruger is improving the team, and it is starting to show with a few good wins. If they could keep away from losing players due to the virus or injury, they have a very good chance of going 5-0 over the final five games considering they will be favored in all five games. Finish at 5-0 and they would have a 20-11 record. Unless the team collapses over the final five games and the MWC playoffs, he already will have a better record than TJ and most likely all three season of Menzies. Win more than 20 games and this would be the best record since 2012-2013 which was the second year of Rice as coach.

Reactions: RunRebelRun90
In my opinion coach Kruger is improving the team, and it is starting to show with a few good wins. If they could keep away from losing players due to the virus or injury, they have a very good chance of going 5-0 over the final five games considering they will be favored in all five games. Finish at 5-0 and they would have a 20-11 record. Unless the team collapses over the final five games and the MWC playoffs, he already will have a better record than TJ and most likely all three season of Menzies. Win more than 20 games and this would be the best record since 2012-2013 which was the second year of Rice as coach.
No way we will be favored in all 5 games. Yes we are playing better. Favored in all 5??

thank God for replay since the refs can’t seem to make any right call themselves without the monitor board.

Love the look on Hut’s face when we got the ball after that pivotal block by muoka..

Finally had some dudes that stepped up besides Hamilton.

Scrub, you should have been around in the early PCAA days, when Boyd Grant had Fresno in the top 25. The rivalry was the most intense of any Rebel one.
The games at the Forum during the tournament were incredible. 5,000 Rebel fans. 5 000 Fresno fans.
The rivalry spilled over to the Sizzler across the street. Honest to God, people chanting, and arguing which school had the "real" red.
Games in Vegas and Fresno were wars. "The dogs are coming, the dogs are coming! " Tark would yell at the team in practice.
Great, great years.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
Rebel Luv - UNLV has five games left in the MWC.
CSU game is at home and per ESPN UNLV is 59.2% to 40.8%
unr game is on the road per ESPN UNLV is 51% to 49%
BSU game is at home and per ESPN UNLV is 55.5% to 44.5%
Wyoming is at home and per ESPN UNLV is 69.7% to 30.3%
New Mexico is on the road and per ESPN UNLV is 67.2% to 32.8%

That UNM game might be a little tougher than that number indicated.

Reactions: Rebel_Luv
10 days ago that UNM game was the only one we were favored in. Now we are up in all 5. I call bs on that one. Where’s Graney, he needs to get ESPN straightened out.

Actually UNLV was favored in at least 3 of the final 5 games a couple of weeks ago. The CSU and BSU games are the only ones that may have flipped over to favor UNLV, but the New Mexico, unr and Wyoming games have favored UNLV from some time ago, and I am not sure about the CSU and BSU games, but the CSU game changed when UNLV destroyed them at CSU a few weeks back.

If UNLV beats UNR, UNM, and Wyoming I will be happy. If we beat BSu or CSU I will be elated if we beat all 5 I will say great first year for CKK and get up on a table in the middle of the pub and do a jig.
I think the way we are playing we can beat anybody in the MWC but knowing how inconsistent we are we could also lose to anybody in the MWC. But hopefully i will be doing a jig:) and going in the MWCT with momentum and confidence

Reactions: Trax0r and rebeltob
I agree winning all five is a stretch. But I won’t be a naysayer. One game at a time.

Reactions: Trax0r
If we win even 3 out the last 5 i will be on the CKK bandwagon. UNR will be at full strength missing their best player and another starter last time. New Mexico is playing much better. BSU was missing their best player last time should be there next time.

We have been missing our 2nd leading scorer, often a second starter, 3 players at one point,so that ought to count for something.
11 man-games in conference, not counting Marvin. Williams and Baker have had reduced minutes, too.

That UNM game might be a little tougher than that number indicated.
I am just curious what that comment is based on? UNM has only one decent win verse Wyoming, and otherwise has lost to every team in the MWC ranked above the bottom two in the conference. They also just got beat by 15 by the same CSU team that UNLV beat easily twice, and they lost 71-55 today to the same SJSU that was 0-14 in the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT