ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty vs NMSU game now

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
If you watching this game. What do you think the level of competition vs teams like UNLV and Boise State. Do you think they can measure up? NMSU looks like a bunch of 30 years dude playing on together in the park. Liberty is down 14-7 vs NMSU.

5:38 left in the second quarter Liberty finally tied the game up. I cannot see these two teams beating MWC upper half teams.

Is Sanchez still the WR coach? Is that the reason they have that new indoor practice facility?? Seriously, they were just showing it off a little bit ago - and I know he had it as plans as next build at UNLV In addition to the F complex. If so, can we please bring him back to staff!?

Reactions: 1Tripoda
If you watching this game. What do you think the level of competition vs teams like UNLV and Boise State. Do you think they can measure up? NMSU looks like a bunch of 30 years dude playing on together in the park. Liberty is down 14-7 vs NMSU.

NMSU beat Auburn.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Is Sanchez still the WR coach? Is that the reason they have that new indoor practice facility?? Seriously, they were just showing it off a little bit ago - and I know he had it as plans as next build at UNLV In addition to the F complex. If so, can we please bring him back to staff!?

I doubt the Fertitta's money followed him.

Oh, it might have been Liberty. Thought they said NM state. My mind is still thinking about that years after.

He is still with NMSU. Yes man, I agree that Tony need to come home ...if he is willing to.

Reactions: RedCannon
As a up and comer, Liberty Coach is a good coach. He is a good game manager.

Why?

Our staff is perfectly capable without him.

There wouldn't be anymore money following him..
Are you sure he would have no connections that would add value?
I agree current staff is capable! Totally!, but I don’t agree that someone like that tied to the valley is of no value.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Are you sure he would be no connections that would add value?
I agree current staff is capable! Totally!, but I don’t agree that someone like that tied to the valley is of no value.
He is becoming a good college coach. He is always right next to Jerry Kill. I dont know about the money but I think he can add value to to our team.

Thr indoor practice facility is at liberty. Impressive .
A lot of empty seats in their stadium too

Are you sure he would have no connections that would add value?

He coached the Fertitta's son. That was the connection. They did him a solid. It's why he got the UNLV job.

I have no idea what connections he had beyond that.

Even with money already promised by Fertitta's for facility, UNLV struggled to come up with remainder.

I'm not sure how great his ties really were in the city to be honest or how much beyond the Fertitta's initial investment he was responsible.

@j. spilotro can correct me if I'm wrong here.

Liberty just took the lead after half time 28-21. This game is far from over unless Liberty can turn it over....

He coached the Fertitta's son. That was the connection. They did him a solid. It's why he got the UNLV job.

I have no idea what connections he had beyond that.

Even with money already promised by Fertitta's for facility, UNLV struggled to come up with remainder.

I'm not sure how great his ties really were in the city to be honest or how much beyond the Fertitta's initial investment he was responsible.

@j. spilotro can correct me if I'm wrong here.
The son that committed to ND, that is now part of this staff?
So they committed money to Tony for a player not on the team,.. because he got him into ND?
I was just thinking his connection to BG would be a positive, but maybe not now. Idk.

The son that committed to ND, that is now part of this staff?
So they committed money to Tony for a player not on the team,.. because he got him into ND?
I was just thinking his connection to BG would be a positive, but maybe not now. Idk.

No because he won a HS national championship under Sanchez.

The initial money for facility was tied to UNLV hiring Sanchez.

There was zero reason to hire him otherwise.

Mark Anerson who was covering the team at the time tweeted out the night he was hired that rumors of a large donation were tied to the hiring.

Facility bogged down a bit because UNLV was (rumored to be) struggling to raise the remainder of the funds.

Fertitta's would be more likely to donate because their son is on staff now than anything to do with Sanchez at this point.

I'm not bashing the guy but I think the narrative that he was solely responsible for the fundraising is a bit misleading. The money was there from the start. How much he helped raise beyond that I don't know.

I don't think he would be some sort of donation machine if he returned.

Reactions: RebelinWA
No because he won a HS national championship under Sanchez.

The initial money for facility was tied to UNLV hiring Sanchez.

There was zero reason to hire him otherwise.

Mark Anerson who was covering the team at the time tweeted out the night he was hired that rumors of a large donation were tied to the hiring.

Facility bogged down a bit because UNLV was (rumored to be) struggling to raise the remainder of the funds.

Fertitta's would be more likely to donate because their son is on staff now than anything to do with Sanchez at this point.

I'm not bashing the guy but I think the narrative that he was solely responsible for the fundraising is a bit misleading. The money was there from the start. How much he helped raise beyond that I don't know.

I don't think he would be some sort of donation machine if he returned.
Great! Then I’m sure the indoor practice facility is already being planned!

Great! Then I’m sure the indoor practice facility is already being planned!

Any additions to facilities would be welcomed for sure.

I don't want it to come off as I dislike Sanchez.

His hiring was necessary, to get UNLV the facilities.

If those things were already here and UNLV was in a better place I don't think they ever make that hire.

Notre Dame tried going with a HS coach and it didn't work. And they had everything in place. It was an impossible ask to think Sanchez could turn it around. He hired a veteran staff. I think if he had, had a run as a coordinator first (he had a short stint somewhere as a WR coach I think) he might have been better prepared ready for the job.

I absolutely think there was a reason Nicco was brought on staff. Whether that results in any money? Don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT