ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Boise State

How long until we find out Kevin Kruger’s future?
MM was fired the day after the Rebels lost in the 2019 quarterfinals. TJ left after two days after Iowa State lost their Tourney game.

So, IMO, in the extremely unlikely event KK gets the boot it most likely will be quick. This will give the AD the earliest jump he can get on a replacement. If you don't hear in the next several days then he will most likely be safe.

But Human beings are involved so you never know.

I hope we hear good news soon, can’t take another disappointing year like this. All the hype built in November and December was dashed by week one in MWC play! All the coaches we have had, yes including Rice, struggle against this conference and there’s no excuse for that! I’m am not saying we should be like Houston every year but to at least compete for regular season or MWC tournaments is not too much to expect. Every year we have good athletes who can’t compete night in and night out, with the exception of BHam, that PG transfer Texas under TJ, Royce, DWill, Harkless and maybe JJ… thats it? Kevin will never be forgotten for what he helped do in 2007 but his coaching tenure here needs to be forgotten ASAP. It’s time to move on!

I hope we hear good news soon, can’t take another disappointing year like this. All the hype built in November and December was dashed by week one in MWC play! All the coaches we have had, yes including Rice, struggle against this conference and there’s no excuse for that! I’m am not saying we should be like Houston every year but to at least compete for regular season or MWC tournaments is not too much to expect. Every year we have good athletes who can’t compete night in and night out, with the exception of BHam, that PG transfer Texas under TJ, Royce, DWill, Harkless and maybe JJ… thats it? Kevin will never be forgotten for what he helped do in 2007 but his coaching tenure here needs to be forgotten ASAP. It’s time to move on!
Yes, every year we have good athletes. But they are generally undersized and skills are questionable. Look at our 2 big men this year. Both have zero offense and one has the worst hands imaginable.

Reactions: NSU67
Yes, every year we have good athletes. But they are generally undersized and skills are questionable. Look at our 2 big men this year. Both have zero offense and one has the worst hands imaginable.
So recruiting is also an issue, good point, time to make a move. Thanks for sharing!

This is probably the most baffling part of the entire situation from coach to coach that just carries over. Its one thig if were running out a bunch of lower tier athletes that are just happy to have D1 scholarships, but alot of these kids are not that. Yeah, Menzies found a bunch of rough around the edges talent wise guys from CC or elsewhere, but overall, Weve had incredible talent on the roster and its just gone completely to trash as the year goes on. Id take a bunch of grinders that know their roles over flashy 4 stars at this point.

Reactions: rebel5280
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT