ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium article 3/24/16

65,000 would be just fine
For a college team yes, however if there is a true opportunity to bring in the Raiders or any other NFL team then you need to change the conversation. If Vegas had a NFL team then the next conversation would be when can Vegas host the superbowl. If you look at all the new NFL stadiums that have been built, the NFL gives a superbowl bid shortly there after. A 65,000 will not cut it and I've never know Vegas to play small ball when it's comes to hosting a large event. If the Raiders are a real conversation then you need at least 80,000.

A 65,000 will not cut it and I've never know Vegas to play small ball when it's comes to hosting a large event. If the Raiders are a real conversation then you need at least 80,000.
The past few superbowls have been 65k-70k stadiums not counting AT&T stadium. Im sure they will have it so it could be expanded to 75k if needed

Reactions: rebelbuck
Revenue from UNLV football games will belong to the school, I 'm sure I heard that question asked and answered, correct me if I'm wrong

This would be up to the Clark County Stadium Authority - right? I don't know that I've seen anything proposed on how much if anything would flow to UNLV. I would certainly think that gets pinned down and we would get that revenue, but I don't remember seeing anything at this point and certainly wouldn't assume it with the individuals involved. On the other hand - what's to say that the CCSA does not award UNLV some other revenue from the other events. ??... not likely, but it would be obviously very good for the university to get a small percent of the other events - if it stays on our property.
- From the other properties they listed being looked at in the paper - I feel that the current land UNLV owns if far superior and that it's purely leverage in negotiations talking about other locations. Who knows, but I really feel that the other sites do not offer nearly as much potential.

they want real grass so we would say goodbye to the UNLV Vegas theme field

Real Grass in a Dome? I know they can do it but to keep it up all season you need the mobile field like in AZ correct, where all the turf rolls in & out.

Dallas has turf. AZ Cardinals have the natural grass that lays on a tray so it can be moved outside for sunlight and out of the way of other event.s

I would think the Raiders would just be happy to not play on a baseball infield.

They did mention in the meeting that the school receives all the revenue from their games, I take to mean tickets, concessions and parking (we won't know for a while about charging for parking, but hey this isn't Sam Boyd we're discussing). What I didn't hear is how Unlv will will be compensated for the land if that it is indeed where it will be built. After listening to the video for the 3rd time ( I don't have TV here my ranch, but radio and a tablet suffice), I do think the stadium authority will have more than 1 County member, I don't even see it staying about the proposed 5 members,more like 7 and if it says at 5, I don't see SA and Majestic getting 2 of those unless they put up more than just an obsolete set of plans and a 100 million dollars.

How does anyone think we get to retain revenue of the stadium and not pitch a dime? Tax money you say? You can try and make a case for it, but if you must not have been watching NFL ownership for the last 30 plus years to understand this is the price for an NFL team. You choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: rebelbuck
For a college team yes, however if there is a true opportunity to bring in the Raiders or any other NFL team then you need to change the conversation. If Vegas had a NFL team then the next conversation would be when can Vegas host the superbowl. If you look at all the new NFL stadiums that have been built, the NFL gives a superbowl bid shortly there after. A 65,000 will not cut it and I've never know Vegas to play small ball when it's comes to hosting a large event. If the Raiders are a real conversation then you need at least 80,000.
Mark Davis wants just 65,000 as long as it has the best luxury boxes in the league. It will do just fine for any football game from the Superbowl to the NCAA Championship Series.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT