ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25, Per CBS sports

R3belnation

Walk On
Dec 5, 2022
#24 in the playoff rankings.

In the past, UNLV would have folded like a cheap tent after going down by two scores. This time, they took it as a challenge and stepped up. Now, they are starting to get national attention for this change in mentality.
I fear the transfer portal is going to do a number on this team in the off-season.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think alot will make that mistake. Can’t really blame them. It’s what we are known for.

I know it drives some people at UNLV nuts, like calling the school up north UNR bothers them.
Doesn’t really bother me. I can see how it would bother the team.

#24 in the playoff rankings.

In the past, UNLV would have folded like a cheap tent after going down by two scores. This time, they took it as a challenge and stepped up. Now, they are starting to get national attention for this change in mentality.
I fear the transfer portal is going to do a number on this team in the off-season.

Funny thing about transfer portal. And this is across the nation not UNLV specific.

For every stud a G5 school loses, there are former 3,4 and 5 star guys buried on P5 rosters that will drop down looking for playing time.

Not to mention good players from bad G5 schools that want to win, hate their coach etc that will lateral transfer to another G5 school.

Funny thing about transfer portal. And this is across the nation not UNLV specific.

For every stud a G5 school loses, there are former 3,4 and 5 star guys buried on P5 rosters that will drop down looking for playing time.

Not to mention good players from bad G5 schools that want to win, hate their coach etc that will lateral transfer to another G5 school.
And UNLV is now well positioned to be high on the list for many such transfers. Gotta finish out the season strong but boy do things look good right now. Having been trained in UNLV futility and self inflicted wounds I’m not at all comfortable until we win the MWC, bowl game and roll into the off-season with at least Odom still our head coach.

So true. Ricky White and offensive tackle Jalen St John are two examples. Also, last year Odom was recruiting based on his vision for the program. This year it will be based on reality. With all the players coming back UNLV will be a preseason top 25 program.

Nah, we're getting screwed because the Computer rankings are what we need to get a NY6 invite and we're not going to get ahead of Tulane without getting ranked this week. Body of work, MWC is tougher than SMU and Tulanes conference schedule... although I think it's entirely possible UTSA beats Tulane this weekend and SMU could easily drop to Navy... just get us in and let us win

I very well may be mistaken but I dont think so.
I thought we eked in to start the 2001 season … this the season after Arkansas/LV bowl. JT was getting Heisman hype from … some doofus on ESPN, maybe Mel Kiper … we dominated Arkansas in LV Bowl … we may have cracked it as preseason, maybe just outside of it. But then we opened at Arkansas and lost … and ending up sucking that year.

Yeah, not sure which poll it was if it did happen.

Best way to find out is the UNLV website probably. If Tom Henry from Jokersportsite.com put out his own list and it had UNLV at 25, the uni website would pump it and pump it.
Yes we were ranked as you said preseason and then fell out after the Arkansas loss.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT