ADVERTISEMENT

Short preview UNLV vs Vandy

Vandy is bigger than us and an SEC team but are they faster than us? I’d say if we can jump start the Go Go this week and maybe keep their D off balance and their offense off the field with time of possession, maybe we just get this game! Even if we don’t win there are still 5 winnable games left after this week, but a win this week would make noise and definitely help with recruiting!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Vandy is bigger than us and an SEC team but are they faster than us? I’d say if we can jump start the Go Go this week and maybe keep their D off balance and their offense off the field with time of possession, maybe we just get this game! Even if we don’t win there are still 5 winnable games left after this week, but a win this week would make noise and definitely help with recruiting!
If we can’t see some good things from the offense this next game … I don’t know that we will have the kind of success we are hoping for. What we’ve seen so far has been pretty blah with O .. seems as good of a time as any to get it moving.

If we can’t see some good things from the offense this next game … I don’t know that we will have the kind of success we are hoping for. What we’ve seen so far has been pretty blah with O .. seems as good of a time as any to get it moving.
I would like to argue but this is true, if we look anything close to last week against Vandy, my optimism will dim quite a bit!

I would like to argue but this is true, if we look anything close to last week against Vandy, my optimism will dim quite a bit!
Definitely. The go-go offense hasn't been very awe inspiring at this point. Not sure if they've held back due to the nature of the first 2 games, and are saving schemes and plays for this portion of the season, or if we just haven't executed it very well yet. I'm hoping that we kept it vanilla because week 1 was a comfortable win, and week 2 was not a winnable game for us, so they wanted to keep the playbook a bit guarded.

Reactions: 220reb
Definitely. The go-go offense hasn't been very awe inspiring at this point. Not sure if they've held back due to the nature of the first 2 games, and are saving schemes and plays for this portion of the season, or if we just haven't executed it very well yet. I'm hoping that we kept it vanilla because week 1 was a comfortable win, and week 2 was not a winnable game for us, so they wanted to keep the playbook a bit guarded.
I doubt we’ve seen much of the playbook at all. That part doesn’t bother me …. It’s that we haven’t clicked besides a couple big bursts. No fluidity. Not on the same page, even without the book being opened.

I think the go-go offense is a myth. Either that or no one knows how to run it. Passing is abysmal which leaves us with running and special teams. Just how far those will get us is yet to be determined.

I do agree, but this could be one of the tougher games left on the schedule. Vandy is probably the weakest SEC team, but did win 5 last year and apparently are bringing most key players back. Also it is still early in the season with a brand new offense. So it could take time to fully develop into what it will be this season.

Also part of me thinks that they have held back because they could in game one, and that they perhaps didn't want to show too much in a game two due to it being practically unwinnable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT